Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Wrangler, Eldorado, Harley, Triumph
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I want to compile a comparison of the aftermarket systems, to help others make informative decisions. Price, hp, tq, db @ tailpipe & cabin, weight, material...
I think with all of us we can effectively accomplish this. Would members please contribute what have?
So going through the B6G & youtube, right now there's new exhaust manufactured by:
AFE
Borla
Magnaflow
MBRP
MRT
Ford Performance

Did I miss any?
Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Me being one of the "others" I like this idea. I haven't received my BL yet but I've been checking out several exhaust upgrades but none have any sound bytes for the 2.3

Str8fast

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pulled the muffler off ours and dumped it straight back at the bumper. Noticeable power improvement. Has quite a bit of drone. I’ll be adding a muffler at some point.

Alan22

Black Diamond
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2015 Mustang GT, 2018 Wrangler Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

AWE makes a decent one also....Im wondering if the Ranger exhaust will work for the 2.3 Bronco

Sponsored

ryridesmotox

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Here is my 2.3L Manual with magnaflow "overland" exhaust. It is the higher ground clearance option.

Tone is good, volume is good, no drone, and a few more inches of clearance as this dumps under body at the bottom rear bumper instead of extending down below it.

Definitely think the 2.3 is way too quiet with the stock exhaust. This wakes it up nicely without being annoying inside or outside. Not sure on weight as mine is already installed, but the muffler is much smaller than factory at least. Packaging is very well done.

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Here is my 2.3L Manual with magnaflow "overland" exhaust. It is the higher ground clearance option.

Tone is good, volume is good, no drone, and a few more inches of clearance as this dumps under body at the bottom rear bumper instead of extending down below it.

Definitely think the 2.3 is way too quiet with the stock exhaust. This wakes it up nicely without being annoying inside or outside. Not sure on weight as mine is already installed, but the muffler is much smaller than factory at least. Packaging is very well done.

Nice, thanks for the vid. Esp. good to know about the clearance as I have a base on 31.5s. Good to hear it on a manual.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Finally someone puts out the 2.3 MT w/ upgraded exhaust video, thanks man. Sounds good IMO(y)

heynow14

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco - BL SAS MT LUX SOFT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've listened to this vid several times and it gives me hope that the 2.3L could sound somewhat decent - thanks in large part to the MT it seems as every exhaust I hear with the automatic is not good.

This vid sounds as if it was captured from outside the Bronco. Has anyone heard or can share a vid of Magna (or other brand) from inside the cab of a 2.3L MT? I'm very much hoping to end up with something that isn't full blown ricer sound.

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm waiting for Turbobacks and downpipes to be developed before I look at exhausts.

I prefer the rasp and slight volume increase with the HFC/Test Pipe, but wasn't a fan of the drone in my A4 with a JHM HFC/Y-Pipe/Fast Intentions (B7 S4) Catback

Sponsored

ryridesmotox

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've listened to this vid several times and it gives me hope that the 2.3L could sound somewhat decent - thanks in large part to the MT it seems as every exhaust I hear with the automatic is not good.

This vid sounds as if it was captured from outside the Bronco. Has anyone heard or can share a vid of Magna (or other brand) from inside the cab of a 2.3L MT? I'm very much hoping to end up with something that isn't full blown ricer sound.
I'll try and get one here In a few days.

Yea I took it with the gopro suction cupped to the outside of the back window. I'll post a link when I get an inside video uploaded

Last edited:

BadSquatch21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover and Porsches; '22 Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll try and get one here In a few days.

Yea I took it with the gopro suction cupped to the back window. I'll post a link when I get it uploaded.
What configuration did you use for the midpipe? Sounds great.

ryridesmotox

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What configuration did you use for the midpipe? Sounds great.
Magnaflow installed it. It's essentially a catback. It's a 3 inch pipe from the downpipe connector back. It's a emissions legal system, so the cats remain. Unfortunately I'm in California. So I won't admit online to putting a catless DP on later on lol

BadSquatch21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover and Porsches; '22 Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Magnaflow installed it. It's essentially a catback. It's a 3 inch pipe from the downpipe connector back. It's a emissions legal system, so the cats remain. Unfortunately I'm in California. So I won't admit online to putting a catless DP on later on lol
No I meant there looks like 4 options for how the J pipe comes off and the endcap to adjust sound. do you have it on the quietest?

pjmezz13

Black Diamond
First Name
Phill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm waiting for Turbobacks and downpipes to be developed before I look at exhausts.

I prefer the rasp and slight volume increase with the HFC/Test Pipe, but wasn't a fan of the drone in my A4 with a JHM HFC/Y-Pipe/Fast Intentions (B7 S4) Catback
I had this on my B7 A4 about 12 years ago, ran it without the mufflers. Sounded perfect IMO, but those were different times and obviously the Bronco will be a much different vehicle.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-milltek-sport-parts/cat-back-exhaust-system-resonated/ssxau049~mll/
Sponsored