Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've already talked to my dealer about swapping tires before driving off the lot.
To Swap them to what Tire size and will there be extra cost coming out of it?
Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

To Swap them to what Tire size and will there be extra cost coming out of it?
Either 295/70/17 or 285/75/17 depending on what backspacing and fender allows. They will mount and balance for free, but I’ll pay for the tires myself. I will put the stock tires on a different vehicle.

LemonShark

Outer Banks
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mercedes C43 AMG, 2018 Honda Odyssey
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think a mild system like this is just enough to be enjoyed without being obnoxious or *ahem* "ricer".

I clicked on the video, sure I was going to roll my eyes, but wow, that's a shockingly tasteful exhaust note for the 2.3.

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I clicked on the video, sure I was going to roll my eyes, but wow, that's a shockingly tasteful exhaust note for the 2.3.
I actually have to agree, just a good mellow tone. Not obnoxious at all. MBRP has some good stuff.

Hyperforming

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra and Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oddly enough I think the 2.3 sounds better than the 2.7. It’s got a more industrial sound to it whereas I heard an angry kid in fart can equipped Civic blow by the gas station the other day and it was actually a new Raptor ?

Sponsored
OP
OP
BOLD Renegade93

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah I think this one is the best I've heard so far. Combined with an intake and tune it might just be the ticket. If not, ill just try to accentuate the turbo sounds.

siddious33

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee; 2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Either 295/70/17 or 285/75/17 depending on what backspacing and fender allows. They will mount and balance for free, but I’ll pay for the tires myself. I will put the stock tires on a different vehicle.
I'm thinking of doing this same thing, swapping to 285/75/17 if I can make it work. Actually puts the tire height REALLY close to the Sasquatch setup and I get to keep a manual Badlands so I get all the other Sasquatch stuff too, but with a manual. Just wondering if the clearance tolerances are there without the flares and little bit of lift.

Also, of course, wondering how easy it would be to calibrate the speedometer for that in between tire size.

GetBucked

Big Bend
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Felt the same about it but then read your comment, glad I watched it ??.
Coming from a Focus ST that I had a full cat less exhaust on for a few years, I got sick of it and replaced it with another stock exhaust system. I found it to be more enjoyable with the stock over the full system.
I was originally thinking that I’d just leave the Broncos exhaust alone. but this could be something that I’d strongly consider!

RedRiverRev

First Name
Herman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It reminds me of back in 2014 when they were debuting the S550 Mustang. The Ford marketing team had to work some real magic to talk about the Mustang ecoboost being "tuned" to sound like a real Mustang (it was code for fake engine sounds). Poor Dave Pericak had to keep a straight face during that silly Ford promo video about the exhaust sounds (kinda like what he's having to do with the Mach E...poor man is always being publicly humiliated by the suits).

The 2.3 will always sounds like a vacuum cleaner, it's awful. Your best bet is just to keep it stock and enjoy the sounds of the open road and the trails.

mrcx

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know I'm getting old now...I want that thing to be quiet, but who can't resist the growl of a well tuned V8...
I've got a '67 Camaro, no radio because love to hear the engine. And probably couldn't hear it anyway. I love the sound of that V-8 with a Magnaflow exhaust.
I've always driven manual, so 2.3L is what I am stuck with.

Sponsored

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry guys I'm old and I'm not putting in that nice B&O Stereo for nothing, so me personally I don't want to hear my exhaust ?, unless it had my Coyote 5.0 Lol

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a Mustang. Exhaust notes are for Mustangs. It is a different use case. You want that exhaust note to be coupled with some straight line performance on asphalt, otherwise, what is the point?

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Something I randomly thought of today is how good can you possibly make the 2.3L exhaust sound? I listened to some different ones on the Ranger and it still sounds like an import tuner. I like my vehicles to sound nice but think the 2.7 is the only way to make that happen on this Bronco. I need the 7 speed though so I guess it's pick your poison.
I’m guessing you won’t get the low rumble you’re looking for in the 2.7 either. My son had a few things done to make his pickup sound better and in my opinion it still didn’t have a great sound.

_2020_

Badlands
First Name
Sylvain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mini Countryman S , 2015 JKU, 2017 X5 3.5i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Something I randomly thought of today is how good can you possibly make the 2.3L exhaust sound? I listened to some different ones on the Ranger and it still sounds like an import tuner. I like my vehicles to sound nice but think the 2.7 is the only way to make that happen on this Bronco. I need the 7 speed though so I guess it's pick your poison.
I don’t think the exhaust sound of the Bronco is in any of the priorities of Ford. Jeeps are not known either for their great exhaust sound.

that said... some stock 4 bangers can sound really great! But i have low expectations on the Bronco!

R-E-L-A-X

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think a mild system like this is just enough to be enjoyed without being obnoxious or *ahem* "ricer".

Thanks for posting this. I had given up that it could have a decent sound. Gotta say this is not bad at all.
Sponsored