Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My current car has a 2.5 I4 and I replaced the muffler with a magnaflow. Sounds great to me, especially when in sports mode.

But my point is once I was on the freeway and a v8 pickup had the magnaflow and was creeping up along side me and our exhaust tones started to produce harmonics and drone. So his was lounder, but my 2.5 had the exact same tone (it is half of a 5.0 after all).

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yep. Sounds like a 4 banger. It is what it is.
This ones not too bad. It’s the Flowmaster FlowFX Cat-Back Exhaust System for the 2019 Ford Ranger.

Bunch of Rice Burners you got there... But I'll leave it at that, cuz last time I talked about V8 sound all the turbo fan boys had to come in about performance of turbo vs. V8. Then again if the V8 had twin turbos it'd be a different story... apples to apples.

So with that said, V8 exhaust rocks... so..... all you other Nancy's can suck it! ?

OP
OP
BOLD Renegade93

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Bunch of Rice Burners you got there... But I'll leave it at that, cuz last time I talked about V8 sound all the turbo fan boys had to come in about performance of turbo vs. V8. Then again if the V8 had twin turbos it'd be a different story... apples to apples.

So with that said, V8 exhaust rocks... so..... all you other Nancy's can suck it! ?
Ha agreed. The 4 cylinder turbos make some good numbers for their size, but nothing matches that V8 sound in my book! I'll just have to suck it up because I want that 7 speed. That is of course...unless Ford...puts the 7 speed with the 2.7 as well...right, Ford?

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I think adding an aftermarket exhaust makes it sound worse. I respect the performance, but I don't want to hear it at all if possible.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BOLD Renegade93

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think adding an aftermarket exhaust makes it sound worse. I respect the performance, but I don't want to hear it at all if possible.
Yeah I've thought of that too. Who knows, I'll probably end up leaving it alone but I have a hard time not modifying my vehicles for more power lol. Probably do an intake and tune among other things.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

These are the pipes I put on my V6 Mustang (3.7l), I kinda like the sound.

This is the closest I can come to liking a 2.7l turbo aftermarket exhaust.

So it'd probably be a further down the road thing.. definitely wouldn't try to put pipes on the 4 banger though.

OP
OP
BOLD Renegade93

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

These are the pipes I put on my V6 Mustang (3.7l), I kinda like the sound.

This is the closest I can come to liking a 2.7l turbo aftermarket exhaust.

So it'd probably be a further down the road thing.. definitely wouldn't try to put pipes on the 4 banger though.
Yeah I like some of the 2.7 exhausts for sure, just wish there was a legit option for the 2.3 that added some "muscle" to the sound.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yeah I like some of the 2.7 exhausts for sure, just wish there was a legit option for the 2.3 that added some "muscle" to the sound.
It's hard finding that muscle sound in a V6. I'd say if you go with the 4 cyl. leave the exhaust be. Otherwise your badass Bronco is going to sound like a Honda or Subaru.

OP
OP
BOLD Renegade93

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It's hard finding that muscle sound in a V6. I'd say if you go with the 4 cyl. leave the exhaust be. Otherwise your badass Bronco is going to sound like a Honda or Subaru.
True. I can't allow that to happen!

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

When V8 posts pop up out of nowhere. ?

Ford Bronco 2.3L exhaust note sound 1595255477500

OP
OP
BOLD Renegade93

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Personally I think this one sounds pretty good. Most of them sound like the first 3 fast and furious movies though.
Yeah this one is more like a side of rice versus a full entree lol.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Subie’s can sound good.

OP
OP
BOLD Renegade93

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Subie’s can sound good.

Oh I agree, and this sound is something I'd want from a Subie, not my Bronco though.
Sponsored