First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I was building a custom home for a guy and his shower had 2 shower heads. One on the left and one on the right side. He told our plumber he wanted one of them at like 5 foot off the ground and the other at normal height. The plumber put the shorter one on the left instead of the right, simple mistake. When the home owner requested it to be corrected, the plumber asked "can't you and your wife just switch sides of the shower". He simply replied "no" in a really stern voice. The plumber asked why then he replied "because it's what I want"

That phrase "because it's what I want" always stood out to me.

Don't you want the better power and efficiency of the turbo 4 instead of the V8? "

Don't you want the automatic that shifts faster and gets better gas milage?

No, because it's what I want. That's reason enough.
Sometimes 'what I want' is reason enough. Everyone is entitled to pursue their own version of happiness. That being said, I think Ford knows this and they will eventually offer it at a premium to those customers that MUST have a V8.

I'm convinced that the depth of 'new Bronco Variants' is WAAAAY deeper than anyone can guess. Ford is almost certainly seeing $$$$$ with this big positive response, and they are likely green-lighting a whole bunch of stuff as we speak.

V8 Bronco? Green. Bronco Pickup? Green. Bronco Overland? Green. Electric Bronco? SuperGreen etc etc etc.
Sponsored

Jook13

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki samurai
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sometimes 'what I want' is reason enough. Everyone is entitled to pursue their own version of happiness. That being said, I think Ford knows this and they will eventually offer it at a premium to those customers that MUST have a V8.

I'm convinced that the depth of 'new Bronco Variants' is WAAAAY deeper than anyone can guess. Ford is almost certainly seeing $$$$$ with this big positive response, and they are likely green-lighting a whole bunch of stuff as we speak.

V8 Bronco? Green. Bronco Pickup? Green. Bronco Overland? Green. Electric Bronco? SuperGreen etc etc etc.
I think you underestimate how proud Ford is of their little turbo engines. Hell, not even the raptor or half million dollar supercar are available in a V8.

Valhalla_Overland

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota Tacoma DCSB OR
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I mean Ford spent $500 million to develop the 2.7L, so yea they'll be wanting to use that. How many vehicles do you have to sell just to recoup $500 mil? And that's just for the engine.

EDIT: And that $500 million was just for the 1st gen 2.7L Nano. Bronco will be using the second gen Nano that got a bunch of tweaks/upgrades.

" The specific output of the engine is now 121 hp/L, versus the 395-hp Ford Coyote 5.0L naturally aspirated V-8 which has a specific output of only 78 hp/L. "

BB Tunes

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yep. I daily drive a Cobb tuned WRX. Putting a 93 octane map on the 2.7 will make it beastly.
Does COBB offer tunes for the 2.7L Ecoboosts? I know they have parts for them, but I haven't seen an Accessport for them.

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

BB Tunes

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, they have it for 2.3L Ecoboost cars. I'm specifically talking about the 2.7L Ecoboost engine. Seems like just stage3tuning has anything for the 2.7L. Who knows if it will work for the Bronco.
They support the 3.5L Ecoboost too
So I feel like there is a reasonable chance we see 2.7 Bronco support.

bbq4133

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looking forward to tuning whatever engine I end up getting.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I mean Ford spent $500 million to develop the 2.7L, so yea they'll be wanting to use that. How many vehicles do you have to sell just to recoup $500 mil? And that's just for the engine.

EDIT: And that $500 million was just for the 1st gen 2.7L Nano. Bronco will be using the second gen Nano that got a bunch of tweaks/upgrades.

" The specific output of the engine is now 121 hp/L, versus the 395-hp Ford Coyote 5.0L naturally aspirated V-8 which has a specific output of only 78 hp/L. "
So what you are saying is that we need a 5.6L V12 quadturbo with 640 hp 800lb-ft? That'd be enough to make a few jumps and pull a few stumps,

wraith

First Edition
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus SC
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Some of the most perfect sounds that exist:

Rain on a tin roof
A babbling brook
Ocean waves
The purr of a smooth-running V8 engine

Something about a smooth-running V8 sounds powerful yet heartwarming. Like climbing into your own bed after a long road trip, it just feels good. The V6 feels more like a nice hotel bed, to me. I also don't tend to enjoy the high whine of turbos. I have no doubt the 2.7L is a wonderful engine. It just doesn't evoke the same swagger a V8 would have, in my opinion.

In the end, as long as it's quiet with plenty of power, I'll be fine with it.

Sponsored

Valhalla_Overland

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota Tacoma DCSB OR
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I mean, before the Bronco was announced, I was pretty set on buying a 5.0 mustang. I LOVE that V8 sound. I wouldn't buy an ecoboost mustang because of lack of V8 sound. A mustang NEEDS the V8 sound.

I'd love to have V8 sound on a Bronco, but it's not something I'm going to fret about. At this point, even if I had the option of a V8, I think I'd take the 2.7L. The 2.7L will be miles above the 3.5L V6 Tacoma I'm driving right now. GOD is it sluggish.

BroncoST

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 fiesta STs
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Not a 'Boomer" I'm a 'Gen-X'.

This is (1) of the reasons why we cry no V8. So we can make it sound like this...Skip ahead to the 1:30 mark.

I'm gen X too and like the sound of both. Twin turbo v6s were a hot thing in the 90s so it gets me bit nostalgic.

BroncoST

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 fiesta STs
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
when your towing especially with a 5:1+ first gear Your IDLE is 750rpm and as so as you hit the gas your at 1500+ rpm in 0.5 seconds.

So unless your really care about that 0.5s after a full stop. Sure get a v8. But for the other 5000+ seconds of driving the turbo is better.

So true.

BroncoST

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 fiesta STs
Your Bronco Model
Undecided