nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think you underestimate how proud Ford is of their little turbo engines. Hell, not even the raptor or half million dollar supercar are available in a V8.

Ford did just release info on the Raptor getting the GT500 supercharged 5.2L to combat the hellcat Ram. So I guess with the Raptor is getting the V8 againe.
Sponsored

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah I don't care about sound anymore. I care about performance. I say that as a Coyote F-150 owner.

I can't imagine choosing sound over performance, efficiency, low end torque, fuel economy, etc...
you versus thousands of teens driving honda civics with an exhaust delete lol.
Or is it a turbo tows better .... just not at low rpm... and last I checked from a stop, my rpm starts around 750, not 2000 or wherever your turbo kicks in.

Hey you guys can make love to your turbos all you want.. I really don't care. You have what you like, I have what I like.. and in the end, FORD decides what we can buy!
the hole for the camshaft isn't big enough. thats why i like a v8

Lindy08

Outer Banks
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
general question: I've had several Ford vehicles with large V8's. 5.4L in both my current 09 F-150 & 5.4L(?) in a 2002 Expedition. How will this 2.7 compare stock? any insight is appreciated.

mrklas

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda HRV
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I need to vent...

I don't really care about the sound of the engine as much as I care about the performance and reliability.

After all the sound is for the folks following me because I like to hear the music!

jackwise

Black Diamond
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sure a v8 sounds better 7 ways to Sunday.

but mpg, capability, cheap power, low end torque. Nothing beats a v6turbo.

there will be 500+hp 550+ lbft Broncos just with a few bolt ons and mods.
The MPG claim is dubious along with the cheap power claim. Your turbo might do well on low end torque but the V8 will be moving down the road pretty well by the time your turbo spools up to generate said torque.

I drive a lot and had a 3.5 EcoBeotch Navigator in 2019. With 90% highway driving it got 17.2. For 2020 I switched back to my trusty Tundra with the absolutely bulletproof 5.7. The Tundra gets 14.2 doing the same drive. Sure the ladies turbo V6 gets better mileage but 17 vs 14 isn't earth shattering and I certainly wouldn't trade a V8 for it. Cheap power? How do you figure? That 3.5 engine can't be had in any vehicle cheaper than the V8 Tundra (in fact the Navigator costs almost exactly 2x the Tundra) and the stand alone cost of a 3.5 engine vs the 5.7 isn't cheaper either.

Like almost everything in life kids will ultimately have to learn a thing or two about engines the hard way. I promise you'll be shedding tears over the crazy cost of repairing your turbo failure one day right after you've wiped away the tears from being stranded by the side of the road until your mom comes to get you. There will be NO tears with my Tundra V8 not only because V8's live forever with nary a repair but mostly because I'm not a millennial. Gen Xers and Boomers don't cry at all, they just grit their teeth and plow forward, right past the millennials curled up in a fetal position in front of the Starbucks looking to drown their turbo sorrows in a $10 soy latte :p.

Sponsored

ET1

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m really just annoyed I even read this because it’s time I’ll never get back.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have had both in F150s. 2.7 is better in most every way, other than sound. Kills the 5.0 stock in a drag race too, similar trucks.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Think that's more of a Texan thing. This boomer loves the EB.
I’m a Texan, don’t lump me into that. Matter of fact, you know how Texas is truck country, I know countless people with F150s and not one of them is the 5.0. 3.5EB rules around here. We recently got the wife a new F-150 and I had the dealer scouring the area for a 5.0 to test drive, because of all the coyote talk around here. Thing was a dog. It definitely had the vroom vroom sound going for it though lol, which the wife hated and I could care less.
Sponsored