Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

In that use case I agree that just the 2.3L will be fine. It will most likely get better gas mileage, and if anything breaks you’ll almost definitely have more room under the hood to fix it. For my use case I’ll be super happy with the 2.7L ?
The cost difference pays for the High package. But I've always had v6 engines and even though I may not get the most out of it, it would be reassuring to know that I had the "too much engine" than "not enough".
Sponsored

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree with the 2.7l being a great deal. My original reserve was a BL 2.3 MT. I started really thinking if I wanted to shift gears again and I always want the bigger engine. When B&P opened up I held my breath scrolling to the drivetrain options. When I saw $1895.00 for the 2.7 and auto I couldn't check that option fast enough. No way I thought it would be that affordable. I think you will easily get that back on resale. Might even negate some loss in other areas.

rjkmoto

Black Diamond
First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Challenger Hemi 392 Scatpack Shaker, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Brownie

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, 1981 Trans Am, 1972 Austin Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gonna be even quicker after I huck a tune in er!!!

OP
OP
BroncoBoi

BroncoBoi

First Edition
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I agree with the 2.7l being a great deal. My original reserve was a BL 2.3 MT. I started really thinking if I wanted to shift gears again and I always want the bigger engine. When B&P opened up I held my breath scrolling to the drivetrain options. When I saw $1895.00 for the 2.7 and auto I couldn't check that option fast enough. No way I thought it would be that affordable. I think you will easily get that back on resale. Might even negate some loss in other areas.
I’m torn between basesquatch and BL with high package. It’s definitely a better deal on the BL, since the manual is standard, but either way I think it’s a great deal ??

Sponsored

Rambler

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘04 Silverado, ‘97 Wrangler, ‘65 Norton
Your Bronco Model
Base
The 2.7 will be quick, I want it, but I want the 7 speed more. My first car had a 36 hp 1.2, I’ll be fine with the 270 hp 2.3. ?

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well the BN video discussing the GOAT modes and Hero Bar clarifies my decision. The Trail Turn Assist is only available on the 2.7L. It is a feature that I can't live without. Me in my Bronco executing a few Trail Turns on the beach will have the ladies dropping their bikini bottoms.

EDIT: Quite a few members responded to the BN GOAT video pointing out the attribution of 2.7L being a requirement for TTA is likely an error. The TTA feature is tied to the 10sp Auto and not to the 2.3L/2.7L powerplant.

Last edited:

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think paying the $1895 for the 2.7L is an absolute steal, provided you want the 10 speed automatic.
And - I’m betting it’ll add that, and more, in resale / trade value when the time comes.

RobC2

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3P
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I still can't decide, but if the current pricing holds on the 2.7/10 spd. I will most likely go that route.

Sponsored

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have the 2.7 in my 18 F-150, to me it’s an amazing engine. Plenty of power and performs very well on, off road and pulling a trailer.
What kind of MPGs do you get?

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had to drive a 2.7L F-150 a few weeks ago to get a tire for my car, needless to say I was kinda excited to see what it drove like knowing that same engine would be in the Bronco. I was pleasantly surprised at how quick it was once those turbos got spooled up. It's going to be plenty of engine for the Bronco.

MikenDallas

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any guesses on what the 0-60 time will be on the 4 door Bronco with the 2.7?
Sponsored