Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've only ridden in a Ranger pickup with the 2.3 and I was really surprised by the power it had.
Same here. My sister bought a explorer with the 2.3 and I always felt it had plenty of power. Is it a sports car or does it move like a sport hell no. But it has more than enough to get out of its own way without having to full throttle which is to me plenty in this type of vehicle
Sponsored

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Any guesses on what the 0-60 time will be on the 4 door Bronco with the 2.7?
Yes 0 to 2021/2022
Lol just funning ya its going to be a hoot i drove one and was impressed i will be in the 2.3 honk and do the bronco wave when you go by?

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
I agree that it is a bargain. But lately, I have been thinking of sticking with the 2.3L for my particular use case. I'm getting the 2-dr with rear seat delete and won't be towing. I'm also a very conservative driver. In the 17 years that I've had my Jeep, I can say with certainty that I've never had it over 3500 rpms. I'm a notorious slow-poke even being chided for being in Grandpa Gear even though I'm not a grandpa. I want to get the 2.7L if only for the better resale, but I feel that it will likely be wasted and unnecessary.
I drive similarly. I'm getting the 2.7 only because it seems to be a better long term engine as it SHOULD accumulate less carbon on the valves compared to the 2.3. You might consider that as well if this is a long ownership vehicle for you. A catch can could be several hundred installed and who knows if it could cause a warranty issue. Safer bet for me to just go 2.7.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I drive similarly. I'm getting the 2.7 only because it seems to be a better long term engine as it SHOULD accumulate less carbon on the valves compared to the 2.3. You might consider that as well if this is a long ownership vehicle for you. A catch can could be several hundred installed and who knows if it could cause a warranty issue. Safer bet for me to just go 2.7.
I drive everyday but not far. My current ride has 86K miles on it after 17 years. I'm aware of the DI turbo carbon buildup and the use of a catch can. That isn't so much a deal breaker for me. My problem is that lately I've been flirting with the High package. The OBX is the first trim that allows for the option. I hate the steps and 18" wheels. If I go with the OBX, I'll be taking the steps off and looking to replace the wheel/tire combination. I'm perfectly content with the BB wheel/tire combo. In the end, I'll likely stick with the 2.7. It will be more engine than I'll ever need.

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
I drive everyday but not far. My current ride has 86K miles on it after 17 years. I'm aware of the DI turbo carbon buildup and the use of a catch can. That isn't so much a deal breaker for me. My problem is that lately I've been flirting with the High package. The OBX is the first trim that allows for the option. I hate the steps and 18" wheels. If I go with the OBX, I'll be taking the steps off and looking to replace the wheel/tire combination. I'm perfectly content with the BB wheel/tire combo. In the end, I'll likely stick with the 2.7. It will be more engine than I'll ever need.
Do you mean stick with the 2.3L? If so, I agree with you for your situation. I drive much more than you.

Sponsored

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

do we even know the GVWR of the Bronco 2 and 4 door

Haystack

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't even want the 2.7, but it's hard to pass up if you're going auto. The pricing for the auto makes no sense if it's only $300 to upgrade from a 2.3 to a 2.7.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Any guesses on what the 0-60 time will be on the 4 door Bronco with the 2.7?
Acceleration will vary widely between trim levels with different size tires. You cannot compare a Base 2.7 on 30" light street tires to a heavier Squatched Badlands on 35" heavy All or Max Terrains. The 2.7L Base 0-60 will much quicker than the Squatch. Trims with 32" tires will also be a lot quicker than Squatch or even Badlands 33s. The time differences will be significant imo.

You should also ask about 60-0 times. What I described above will play out in reverse. Stopping times (and distances) will be much longer (farther) with big tires. This is a main reason Squatch isn't for me.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I told people from day one the upgrade from 2.3 to 2.7 wasn't going to be much. My 19 F150 with 3.5 the line item is cheap.

jasonkosi

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m going 2.3 because I want the manual. Drove one in a Ranger and it has decent power. The Bronco isn’t a sports car so I’m not worried about acceleration

Sponsored

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree that it is a bargain. But lately, I have been thinking of sticking with the 2.3L for my particular use case. I'm getting the 2-dr with rear seat delete and won't be towing. I'm also a very conservative driver. In the 17 years that I've had my Jeep, I can say with certainty that I've never had it over 3500 rpms. I'm a notorious slow-poke even being chided for being in Grandpa Gear even though I'm not a grandpa. I want to get the 2.7L if only for the better resale, but I feel that it will likely be wasted and unnecessary.
My dad had a 70 F-100 with 3 on the tree and when I rode somewhere with him he would be in 3rd gear before we were doing 25mph lol, the truck would be lugging around but hey it was pops style, I'd drive his truck and be doing 50 in 2nd LOL, I miss lugging around with him, R.I.P Dad ❤

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do you mean stick with the 2.3L? If so, I agree with you for your situation. I drive much more than you.
No. I'll likely stick with the 2.7L. The 2.3L would be more than adequate but when it comes to resale, I should easily recoup the cost of the 2.7L. I average 5K miles per year. In 5 years, the 2.7L would have 25K miles on it. It should fetch a premium to interested buyers.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't even want the 2.7, but it's hard to pass up if you're going auto. The pricing for the auto makes no sense if it's only $300 to upgrade from a 2.3 to a 2.7.
Except for the OBX where it is a full $1895. The trade show Q/A revealed that the above is correct so many are hoping the OBX pricing is a bug in B/P. If the pricing doesn't change, it is a tougher pill to swallow.

Jpeyer

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m going 2.3 because I want the manual. Drove one in a Ranger and it has decent power. The Bronco isn’t a sports car so I’m not worried about acceleration
I understand that. Some vehicles I have driven can’t get out of their own way when merging. Hopefully the 2.3 in the bronco is confident in that aspect.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Goose Gear Plate System (They don't have a custom solution for the Bronco yet, but they will once they get the interior measurements.)
Yep, I talked to them about it also, and was told as soon as they either get the spec's from Ford or get their hands on one it will be coming out. I want this also as I need the space, and never haul passengers when I am boondocking.
Sponsored