Sponsored

Best sounding aftermarket exhaust for 2.7L ?

McIntCD

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco WildTrek, 2018 Jeep GC High Altit
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I ended up having to go with the Borla SType Cat back exhaust with turn down tip. The Corsa was out of stock. I really like it but I’m not sure that it will be a long term. I’ve purchased most of my parts from Extreme Terrain. Their prices are fair and their customer service is excellent.
Sponsored

recklesschewie

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Touareg - TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I really appreciated this thread. Been searching for some AM mods and went ahead with the Corsa. They have a 10% off right now so I took advantage. It’ll be the first install when the B gets here.

The videos of it in action made music to my ears. Went dual tipped. Going to put some high heat black coating on it prior to install.

James Cole

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch (hopefully)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello guys,

looking to do and exhaust with downpipes on my 2.7, what would be the quietest setup currently?

Thanks
JC

CatMonkey

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2012 Shelby GT500, 2021 Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
looking to do and exhaust with downpipes on my 2.7, what would be the quietest setup currently?
From what I have read, Borla's high climber Touring is the quietest. I have it under my Bronco and I like it. However, I too am about to install SPD's downpipe with cats, but I'm thinking it might increase the noise output. I'm hoping not. If it does, I have spotted a 2.75" muffler that might fit with a little cutting. I hope to find that out this week.

James Cole

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch (hopefully)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From what I have read, Borla's high climber Touring is the quietest. I have it under my Bronco and I like it. However, I too am about to install SPD's downpipe with cats, but I'm thinking it might increase the noise output. I'm hoping not. If it does, I have spotted a 2.75" muffler that might fit with a little cutting. I hope to find that out this week.
let me know! When do you plan to install ?

Sponsored

CatMonkey

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2012 Shelby GT500, 2021 Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
let me know! When do you plan to install ?
I managed to blow it off all last week, and I'm hoping I don't repeat that again this week. I'm retired, so I really don't have an excuse except being old.

Roadbronc

Big Bend
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Toyota Echo, 2014 Ford Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think you can be sure that the downpipe will make it louder, regardless of muffler. If you're look for quiet, I would recommend you do the downpipe first with the stock muffler and see how it sounds that way before you spend the big bucks on the axleback.

TIMSIZEMORE

Outer Banks
First Name
TIM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BRONCO
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Took muffler off and running nothing at the moment. Do any of these turn down muffler delete kits make any difference? Not wanting to spend the coin if it is no different than what I am running at the moment. Looked at thr king of the hill set up. Looks nice but pretty pricey
I deleted mine on my 2.3 BD Manual and it sounded good. I did the Rousch Intake and Panda Programmer to add to any performance concerns. It did backfire (pop) every once in a while but sounded good and it was less then $100 to have a muffler shop do it. I saved some room on my departure angle since I didnt have that Giant Muffler flopping down in the way. I was able to move the tip where ever I wanted aslo for sound and clearance

Lolife

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I opted for the AWE with the bash ring...... love the clearance and sound

BeerRunner

Badlands
First Name
LUKE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

While I wait forever for my 2.7L WT, one of the first mods I'd like to make is install an aftermarket exhaust that sounds better than the stock.

Curious what others think who have installed or plan to replaced the exhaust.

1. Your thoughts on which aftermarket exhaust sounds better on a 2.7L
2. Have you experiencef any issues with torque or HP?
3. Is a tuneup needed after install?
4. Pros and cons of having a Ford dealer install it vs shop with speciality in this...I won't be installing it myself.
5. Any videos you can share for 2.7L?
You should mention if you are getting a soft top vs hardtop? Couple recommendations for the louder ones on the market are from HT owners..they might not have recommended as highly for a ST
Sponsored