Bronco#2

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SD tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
it is deeper, but still sounds like a v6. It sounds good idling.
I haven’t noticed any difference in performance, but maybe I just need to drive it harder. 😀

this is my top choice if I do an exhaust. Is it deeper then stock? Can you feel a difference in performance? Dyno results seen solid.
Sponsored

AaronW

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Corsa Performance sounds the best.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch eruption green
Your Bronco Model
Base
Cause you have a hard top. Open your back window and drive around a bit, you will understand where us soft top folsk find this to be a polarizing exhaust.

This list is 100% influenced by what top you are running. If you have a soft top, you absolutly need to be on the quieter end of the spectrum to avoid the drone. The pole should base this list based on the criteria of which top you own. The Flow FX sounds great until you drive on the highway for an hour with the soft top windows out.
I was going to buy the Flow Fx, do you not reccomend it if I'm planning to do road trips?

amazingjason

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Samurai, 1966 442
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Straightforward question. Share thoughts. Stay stock or go aftermarket? If aftermarket, what's your top choice?
I don’t know because I haven’t heard them.
Jason

thatch11b

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4 DR Softtop
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Sponsored

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was going to buy the Flow Fx, do you not reccomend it if I'm planning to do road trips?
Hell no. I’ll sell you mine for $100. It’s pretty hard on your ears with a soft top.

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've had loud exhaust on cars and quiet exhaust on my cars and I find I prefer quiet exhaust on cars that I'm not trying to eke out every 1/8th of horsepower from. My Bronco isn't used to race a 1/4 mile so I'll just stick with stock volumes.

For those against new exhaust because a 4cylinder or 6-cylinder will never sound like a v8, well of course they won't. But people can enjoy the sound coming from a 4 or 6-cylinder with the right exhaust that is designed to get rid of the rough frequencies that can show up. Generally the longer the muffler, the deeper the sound.

HCGxKaLiBeR

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
All of the exhausts sound bad. The 2.7 in Bronco isn't tuned for exhaust notes.
They just sound unenthusiastically flat at all ranges. Aftermarket just make it louder. (Which is bad!)
If it makes some downshift overrun crackles or upshift brrr sound I would get a Borla system.

OP
OP
A51Asheville

A51Asheville

Black Diamond
First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Sas Mid Package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don’t know because I haven’t heard them.
Jason
Thanks for contributing =) Let me know when you do hear some. YouTube has plenty of videos but hearing them in person is a much better experience.

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Turbo car's exhaust note is dramatically affected by the turbine of the turbocharger. The 2.7 has a common even firing order. I've personally found Magnaflow can make a really good-sounding exhaust for an even firing order v6.
Here is when I recorded my Ford 3.8 v6 with Magnaflow mufflers and a resonator fit to it. It had an Eaton blower on it, not a turbo, though. The exhaust was stock exhaust manifolds with no cats. Now the Bronco doesn't really have room for a resonator (acts as a x-pipe kinda) nor dual mufflers like boat of a thunderbird could. I've run borla and Magnaflow on v6's and it really depends on the sound you want.

Sponsored

Offroad Newb

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Volkswagen Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just drove a Wildtrak with the Borla S-Type axle back. Sounded great. Much better than the videos show online. I am seriously considering it for my Badlands whenever it gets built as I like the departure angle better than the dual tip Corsa.

Realtor

Wildtrak
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just drove a Wildtrak with the Borla S-Type axle back. Sounded great. Much better than the videos show online. I am seriously considering it for my Badlands whenever it gets built as I like the departure angle better than the dual tip Corsa.
I'm between black from fast intentions and black from borla on my Wildtrak. I haven't heard any yet. Haven't heard any 2.7.

MK0412

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord and Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’m on the same boat. If I do an exhaust would probably be Fast Intentions but always liked Borla. Need to find a way to listen to both in person.

I'm between black from fast intentions and black from borla on my Wildtrak. I haven't heard any yet. Haven't heard any 2.7.

ColonelAngus

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 07 BMW 335i, 05 Saab 9-5 Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the Corsa with the high clearance option, looks close to factory.... if you're worried about not losing clearance. I'm running the 2.3 and it sounds great.... no drone, not raspy, doesn't sound "like a Honda" which a lot of people keep using as a reference point. Not too loud either which is good because the 2.7 is not capable of sounding great IMO.... I had an exhaust on my 3.5 eb f150 and the only reason I didn't change it back was because I was lazy. Mind you just my opinion... but i'm not wrong... :ROFLMAO:

If you want louder the AWE 0FG is a good option... Borla stuff is always solid as well.

Dayton1984

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have the Corsa with the high clearance option, looks close to factory.... if you're worried about not losing clearance. I'm running the 2.3 and it sounds great.... no drone, not raspy, doesn't sound "like a Honda" which a lot of people keep using as a reference point. Not too loud either which is good because the 2.7 is not capable of sounding great IMO.... I had an exhaust on my 3.5 eb f150 and the only reason I didn't change it back was because I was lazy. Mind you just my opinion... but i'm not wrong... :ROFLMAO:

If you want louder the AWE 0FG is a good option... Borla stuff is always solid as well.
this is what I’ve been leaning towards. So high clearance corsa isn’t too loud and sounds smoother or more throaty than stock? Did it require a decent break in period also?
Sponsored