Sponsored

Best sounding aftermarket exhaust for 2.7L ?

SVTPete83

Badlands
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Cobra, 92 Bronco, 2011 Raptor, Vans RV9A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We have the Borla dual exhaust. Its the attack level sound which is their most aggressive. I think it sounds pretty damned good. No drone and very quiet at part throttle. Once there is any more than 10 pounds of boost it comes alive. I think it sounds really good for a small v6.
Sponsored

FleshTuxedo

Outer Banks
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Has anyone straight piped a bronco yet? :ROFLMAO:
I'd love to see/hear that.

Also, I bought a gigantic box on wheels. I need no exhaust for it.
I enjoy how quiet it is, coming from my old vehicles

Thart89

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thinking about the Fast Intentions axle back for my 2021 2.7L Badlands.

Couple questions:

1.) Now that you've had it for awhile, what are your thoughts?
2.) Do you know if replacing the stock exhaust w/this one has any effect on the factory warranty?
3.) Any change in fuel economy (MPG)?
4.) Any "noticeable" increase in overall performance?
I had this for a few weeks so I'll try to answer this for you.

1.) I liked it but ultimately took off. The fit and finish is beautiful. After dealing with other popular muffler brands you can tell the quality difference the FI brings. Welds are clean, it fits the Bronco perfectly and installs in minutes. The slash tip fits up nicely under the bumper and the smaller muffler is much less noticeable. Overall a high quality product and loved the way it looked. FI is also by far the least loud performance exhaust I've heard for the Bronco but adds a noticeable deeper tone. Once warmed up the sound isn't even noticeable at idle but a nice deep tone under acceleration. By no means is it loud or trying to be a V8. Everyone else seemed to love the sound and have several friends questioning why I took it off. I just decided I like my vehicles quiet so I went back to oem muffler and plan on slash cutting the tip.

2.) Pretty sure they have to prove your exhaust caused the issue to void the warranty. The FI exhaust also goes on and off in like 15 minutes so you could always take it off.

3.) I didn't notice any change in MPG. Terrible mileage before and after the FI exhaust.

4.) I might have felt a little bit more pep in acceleration but could have been wishful thinking. It's axle back exhaust so I wouldn't expect much. The dyno numbers do show an improvement at certain rpms but its going to take more than exhaust to make a huge difference.

I'll probably end up selling this for a few hundred dollar loss but I still don't regret giving it a try. It is a well made product that looks great. If you don't mind your Bronco being a little louder I'd recommend giving it a try.

Sponsored

broncodeadhead

First Edition
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Dodge Challenger, Nissan Pathfinder
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I have the Fast Intentions exhaust for a year or so, and I’ve been very pleased with the sound, it’s moderate, so not too low and not too substantial. I’ve had a number of people comment on the pleasant sound as well. Regarding improved performance, who knows but the truck certainly seems to have no lack of power. Just my two. Cents.

McIntCD

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco WildTrek, 2018 Jeep GC High Altit
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Corsa with Dual Tips sounds incredible in all conditions. Cold Start, Idle, Revs, Under Load, and Wide Open Throttle. Zero Drone.

Always have, and always will love Corsa!
I listened to the Corsa Sport Cat Back with turn down tip on YouTube and fell in love. Purchased it today and hope to post a video of sound after install.

mzmanny

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Miata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Corsa turn down, it's decent increase in sound but relatively quiet while cruising

lethaljake

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 RCSB 5.0
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hey all!

Starting today, you can SAVE UP TO 15% on AWE Exhaust Systems for your Bronco!

awe_bronco2.jpg

Check out the overview video with sound clips and install here!

Wildtrak93

Wildtrak
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco WildTrak 2.7L V6 LUX+SAS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

After doing some searching I went with Corsa, similar build 2.7L WT Lux

What sold me was the local discount and free installation (live around the Cleveland Area and Corsa is based out of Berea)

10% off my order + Free Install.

I went with the turndown option to get more clearance for offroading, the 2 pipes are slightly louder but when you're in the driver seat you still hear the revs and throttle all the same - slightly muffled but loud enough to turn heads. Highly Recommend

Sponsored

Cysquatch

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CTS, 1996 Silverado 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Gilligans_off

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2 Dr Bronco Badlands Sas/lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
yeah, I think I'll try the Flowmaster American Thunder axle back... much cheaper and I've always liked the sound from flowmasters in the past.

or just get a muffler shop to weld in a flowmaster muffler, even cheaper lol

Cysquatch

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CTS, 1996 Silverado 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

After doing some searching I went with Corsa, similar build 2.7L WT Lux

What sold me was the local discount and free installation (live around the Cleveland Area and Corsa is based out of Berea)

10% off my order + Free Install.

I went with the turndown option to get more clearance for offroading, the 2 pipes are slightly louder but when you're in the driver seat you still hear the revs and throttle all the same - slightly muffled but loud enough to turn heads. Highly Recommend
if and when I decide, I too will be going with the Corsa.

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350 GT500’s FGT MACH I Z8
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Going in soon

Ford Bronco Best sounding aftermarket exhaust for 2.7L ? F3D29E75-8107-456B-8DAD-D899AC59C098
Very easy install, took maybe 20 minutes.

Sounds great, throaty (If that’s a word). We’re still talking about a small V-6 but it sounds more muscular.

using a bathroom scale, the stock unit weighed about 26 lbs and the Ford perf unit weighed about 20lbs.

the dual black exhaust tips look fantastic.

678667A7-EFC7-40C6-8C1C-D759317034F1.jpeg
Sponsored