Sponsored

Best sounding aftermarket exhaust for 2.7L ?

OP
OP
stroix

stroix

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

1. Depends on how loud you want to be. MRT's Trail Rated systems give you a nice bump over stock where the King Of The Hill options will give you a larger increase in exhaust presence.

2. Exhaust mods rarely create more power just by themselves. It used to be you could change up the exhaust on a older car and it would be a totally different beast but modern vehicles do not see a large jump in performance just from an exhaust. However upgrading your exhaust will free up flow making it easier for the engine and turbo to breath. It will allow you to take advantage of more HP gains if you do the Ford Calibration/tune or other powertrain upgrades.

3. No you will not need a tune up.

4. I can speak for MRT's lineup which all can be installed in as little as 20-30 minutes. You will have good luck with either the Ford Dealer or a specialty shop. I know some other systems on the market are more labor intensive requiring the rear bumper to be removed for installation. MRT's systems use factory hang points and have no need for any modification or disassembly of your Bronco.

5. Any videos you can share for 2.7L?

Really appreciate the time you took to provide your thoughts! Much appreciated. THANKS!

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
We've installed and reviewed 10 or 11 systems on our first edition and out of all of them I would say that Corsa is #1 with AWE right behind it in the #2 spot. Both of them fit and sound great. No drone from either of them as well. Feel free to reach out if there's anything we can help you with.

Vcastag

Outer Banks
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outer Banks 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sponsored

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s what I purchased. great engineering backed up with real performance gains and great sound. Installing this week.
Let us know how you like it. I don't want a loud exhaust.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's not loud at all. :cool:
I've heard it said. It is what puts FI on the top of my list.
"Stock+"
HP gains are a plus, but from reviews it sounds like FI exhaust removes some bad sounds and slightly emphasizes the good sounds. Doesn't get better than that for a V6 (worst sounding exhaust of all ICE configurations).

Fivefingerheist

Badlands
First Name
FFH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, 4-D, Non-SAS, 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I installed a Borla S-type on my 22 4dr Outer Bank 2.7L. I am 65 year old, just used a floor jack. Sounds great
I plan on going Borla as well. From reviewing videos that was the best sounding system to me.

Sponsored

Bu¢kWild

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2 door, Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Flowmaster outlaw dual exhaust axle back makes the Bronco's panels shake.
Pretty dope

Great in city, cold start, idle, Rev etc - plenty of compliments.

Above 100kmph or rather above 2k rpm though, is annoying especially on long 3-4+ hour trips due to continuous internal noise/drone.

Or it could be just me as I do like the exhaust noise just not when I'm in a lazy mood or tired

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We did Fast Intentions axel back (you do not need cat back!) I got it for the performance as everything gets modded. The sound was a bonus. I was afraid it would be obnoxius, but it has a good bass throatiness especially at cold start but then tones down and purrs. I like it so well, our 2nd Bronco comes in this next week and I'll be putting the same axel back on it. As far a install, I know you don't want to but it shouldn't be hard to find someone to do it. Before our Bronco I owned a tool cup with a few screw drivers and maybe a wrench. Now I own just about every Milwaukee tool and work bench and I did the install myself.

foreWard

Badlands
First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep GC Trailhawk, 2003 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went with the corsa turndown tip option. It has a nice, throaty growl when I am on the throttle and at cold start. When cruising you barely hear it at all. They say it is a bit "tamer" than the dual exit version, but I think it is just right for the soft top and plastic fantastic rear windows.

Djaws9

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It’s not an option on the Corsa for model year 2023. I’m ASSUMING they still fit since nothing has changed. But can anyone confirm if the catback exhaust will fit a 2023? Think this will be my first mod

MagnaFlow

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The MagnaFlow Overland Series system is both functional offering a high clearance exit and also has a customizable sound!

Sponsored