First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
The difference is $6000 once you add the rear locker. That is 20% of the Base Bronco's price. All I want is the $500 rear locker. I don't want any of the other stuff. I'll just have to get by because I'm not paying $6000 for a $500 locker. Personally, there is no value going from Base to Big Bend besides that.
Aftermarket will take care of you. You are buying a lego set. You can add pieces later.
Sponsored

hellahella

Badlands
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love it!

But maybe I'd want some skid plates.
And might as well add some steel bumpers.
I like the signature lighting too.
Do I want MGV? Yes.
Ok, I have to have 4.7 gearing.
And MT.
Yea, 33" looks good on you Badlands

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
2DR Base @ MAP all by itself

2021 Bronco BASE 2-Door Iconic Silver MIC Hard Top @ MAP 2.jpg

2021 Bronco BASE 2-Door Iconic Silver MIC Hard Top @ MAP 1.jpg

2021 Bronco BASE 2-Door Iconic Silver MIC Hard Top @ MAP 3.jpg
Bronco base looks awesome hardly a bare bones vehicle. Smaller tires have advantages these sweet 16s are perfect for us non wheelers not into the giant tire look. I wish they offered an aluminum wheel option but warming up to these steelies. I'm adding a few options like HD Bumper, B&O bar and aux switches and still thousands less than Big Bend. Base is a great deal and yes folks it still is a "real bronco".

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm happy and sad at the same time.😍😥

All along I planned on Base until it became evident you can't get a rear locker from the factory without losing the EB-looking steelies.😞

In a perfect world Ford will let us add a rear locker to Base for MY22.😍
The steelies are $75 apiece.... sell the sasquatch wheels/tires and come out ahead :cool:

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm happy and sad at the same time.😍😥

All along I planned on Base until it became evident you can't get a rear locker from the factory without losing the EB-looking steelies.😞

In a perfect world Ford will let us add a rear locker to Base for MY22.😍
Every time I did that, I ended up going back to BaseSquatch for the better value......just cannot get past that $5k Big Bend tax that nets you nearly nothing, except more expensive boxes to click.
The BaseSquatch just intrigues the heck outta me....all the great driveline parts that I like about the Badlands...for $7k to 9k less.
I'm assuming you are talking about the 2dr, and for that I agree. But on the 4dr, the value of the base compared to the BB isn't there. I am not getting Sasquatch, it's just not a good fit for what I will use it for. If I was to purchase a base 4dr I would have immediately spent at least $2K for wheels/tires, had a significantly uncalibrated speedo (with no help in sight for that, something I've researched and discussed with aftermarket vendors/Ford/etc. extensively), 3.73 open diff, no Cactus Gray, and a bunch of extras like tint and fog lights to still buy. And if I wanted to re-gear and get a locker at least another $2K. When you add all that up the Big Bend makes a lot of sense.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bronco base looks awesome hardly a bare bones vehicle. Smaller tires have advantages these sweet 16s are perfect for us non wheelers not into the giant tire look. I wish they offered an aluminum wheel option but warming up to these steelies. I'm adding a few options like HD Bumper, B&O bar and aux switches and still thousands less than Big Bend. Base is a great deal and yes folks it still is a "real bronco".
You could probably use the new Ranger Tremor/Raptor wheels..... not silver though..
Summit has a 4-pak with this sensors for around $900. As I recall. Seems like a GREAT deal.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/fms-s0004

Ford Bronco 2-Door BASE Bronco @ MAP Screenshot_20210414-094458_Chrome

Xploit

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I love it!

But maybe I'd want some skid plates.
And might as well add some steel bumpers.
I like the signature lighting too.
Do I want MGV? Yes.
Ok, I have to have 4.7 gearing.
And MT.
Yea, 33" looks good on you Badlands

CLOSE>.. Had they allowed for more choices, I could see a build with steelies (black or other) and 32 or 33's plus high package. Or even the build in the OP with sig lights and 12" screen plus larger tires.

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wish they had, too—like the Black Diamond tires and wheels, except silver steelies instead of black—but when I get my Base I’m going to swap to 30” all-terrain tires and call it complete.
Hey Mississippi we agree on something! I think the standard sweet 16s are great and they are plenty wide 255 series. You can get mud tires in this side and don't cost a fortune like the giant tires do.

Sponsored

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Glad I got sasquatch on my base. They should have at least offered 32" tires
Once you upgrade to Sasquatch it's not a Base model anymore IMO. It's a $40k Off-Roading animal called Sasquatch.

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base

brocotect

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
Agree. Love the base. I also saw the video someone posted of a squatched 2-door going down the highway, and all I could think was how dumb and obnoxious the monster tires looked driving down the highway. I guess it's different strokes for different folks, but I bet 80% of the people who try and clown the base for its wheel size will never take their 50K+ rock crawler on anything rougher than a groomed dirt road. Their Ed Hardy decals are probably already ordered.
You're goddamn right my ed hardy stickers are ready to go on.

And my evil eye grille.

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Once you upgrade to Sasquatch it's not a Base model anymore IMO. It's a $40k Off-Roading animal called Sasquatch.
And you even get the cool Sasquatch badges stickers!

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base