First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Go check out a 2DR wrangler and see if the space fits your needs. It's the only thing comparable and a bunch of strangers on the internet can't answer this question for you.
Except that I think a 2-door Wrangler makes for an even worse comparison than taking the word of fellow forum strangers that have actually seen Broncos in person. The 2-door Wrangler is both more narrow and shorter than the 2-door Bronco. There are videos of some pretty big guys (6'2"+ and bulky) sitting just fine in the back of a 2-door Bronco.

The 4-door makes it easier to regularly put people in the back seats. It'll stow a little bit more stuff with the rear seats up and quite a bit more stuff with the rear seats down. If these things matter a lot, a 4-door may be needed. If not, the difference in price allows for saving money or spending it on other features that may be of value.
Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have been back and forth between your stated options for some time now; heart set on a 2dr BD, head telling me to go with a 4dr BB. The tipping point will be how far the front passenger seat moves.

@AzScorpion, did you get to see how the front passenger seat travels, is it on rails, pivot or rail/pivot? We have a 3 year old and a 50 lb Golden Retriever that do just fine in my access cab Tacoma rear area, which is like a medieval torture box for an adult to ride in. Sure, the suicide doors are nice but I could still use it if they were welded in-place because the front passenger seat is on rails that allow for like 15” travel, plus the incline/decline tilt.

On my early Bronco, the left-rear corner has a locking hinge that allows the seat to fold forward. It’s awesome, my 6’3 225lb buddy can get back there no problem and the dog loves it too. I know they probably can’t do that for safety reasons anymore but I feel like if there was a special feature (rails + pivot) to make the 2 door more user friendly, more would be swayed into the BD from BB.
Videos tell more than words.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...of-2-door-bronco-rear-seats-full-review.6410/

There's another one somewhere of someone getting in from the passenger side. Hopefully someone else will remember it and post it. If I recall, the passenger side seat on that particular vehicle was a little sticky, but the video was good about showing how easy (or not) it is to get in back.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Howdy y'all. I'm still stuck between 2d BD or the 4d BB. I already drive a supercab f150, and used to drive a mini cooper. I love hiking and such so I would think a 2 door would be ok. Thoughts?
Door count should not impact your hiking abilities. Unless you had somebody drive the Bronco over your foot, and even then, door count won't matter.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is the difference in total length between the 2-door and 4-door really only 15 inches? I did a search and that seems to be the most updated numbers I could find. That's really not much. I think the JLs differ by just shy of 2 feet.
That is correct. One difference in the Bronco two- and four-door models is those extra inches allow putting the rear seats in the four-door ahead of the wheel wells, which is why the four-door seats five instead of four.

The Bronco is interesting in that the two-door is longer than a Jeep two-door, but the four-door is not as long as a Jeep four-door. I think this is a win-win because the two-door is going to have a lot more room than the comparable Wrangler (the extra width helps, too) and the four-door doesn't look as disproportionately weird as the four-door Wrangler.

OP
OP
MyFirstBronco01

MyFirstBronco01

Big Bend
First Name
Elena
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Except that I think a 2-door Wrangler makes for an even worse comparison than taking the word of fellow forum strangers that have actually seen Broncos in person. The 2-door Wrangler is both more narrow and shorter than the 2-door Bronco. There are videos of some pretty big guys (6'2"+ and bulky) sitting just fine in the back of a 2-door Bronco.

The 4-door makes it easier to regularly put people in the back seats. It'll stow a little bit more stuff with the rear seats up and quite a bit more stuff with the rear seats down. If these things matter a lot, a 4-door may be needed. If not, the difference in price allows for saving money or spending it on other features that may be of value.
Thats a good point. I'm ok with saving some $$$ and while still having the challenge of less space than the 4 dr, its marginal space. That 1 1/4 ft really isnt a deal breaker for me.

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Here's some pictures from yesterday of the 2 dr. Sorry I didn't take any with the seat up. I will tell you it's tight getting in the back seat and I'm only 5'7". There's plenty of room once you're in there and it's comfortable.
I’m curious to what you thought the likelihood of bumping your head on the gunners hatch (donut) knobs are? Ok

jimmy234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The Bronco is interesting in that the two-door is longer than a Jeep two-door, but the four-door is not as long as a Jeep four-door. I think this is a win-win because the two-door is going to have a lot more room than the comparable Wrangler (the extra width helps, too) and the four-door doesn't look as disproportionately weird as the four-door Wrangler.
I agree, but I actually think the 4-door wrangler looks better in the JL generation than the 2-door wrangler does. Something about the 2-door JL just looks off to me. Someone in the JL forums said, jokingly, that the 2-door looks weird because it's as long as it is wide. Obviously that's an exaggeration, but maybe somewhat close to the mark.

Last edited:

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Videos tell more than words.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...of-2-door-bronco-rear-seats-full-review.6410/

There's another one somewhere of someone getting in from the passenger side. Hopefully someone else will remember it and post it. If I recall, the passenger side seat on that particular vehicle was a little sticky, but the video was good about showing how easy (or not) it is to get in back.
Based on the videos, seems like that passenger front seat would have more room to slide forward, if Ford had decided to use the room. I wonder why Ford didn't design that front seat to slide further forward? Would make rear seat access easier.

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Howdy y'all. I'm still stuck between 2d BD or the 4d BB. I already drive a supercab f150, and used to drive a mini cooper. I love hiking and such so I would think a 2 door would be ok. Thoughts?
I’ve had a change of heart. Unless you’re rock crawling, get the 4 door. More room for cargo when you need it. Easier for passengers. Nobody ever said I have too much cargo room, but there is such a thing as too little.

cybersal

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I like the "bulldog" stance the 2 door has too. I've always thought of the cars and truck I have as sort of a companion.
As crazy as it sounds, my Escape is my best friend. Sunny D Truck has been with me through good times and bad. We've taken lots of epic road trips together. I can't bear the thought of not driving SDT even with the Bronco.

Sponsored

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I had two 2Dr Wranglers followed by two 4Dr Wranglers. The 4Dr's were so much more functional. Life is sumply easier with 4 doors ard more room. Ride quality is also noticably improved. I buy a vehicle to use, not to look at.

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Based on the videos, seems like that passenger front seat would have more room to slide forward, if Ford had decided to use the room. I wonder why Ford didn't design that front seat to slide further forward? Would make rear seat access easier.
Because they don't want you that close to the dash and right front wheel during an offset impact.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As crazy as it sounds, my Escape is my best friend. Sunny D Truck has been with me through good times and bad. We've taken lots of epic road trips together. I can't bear the thought of not driving SDT even with the Bronco.
Im getting nostalgic reading that, family had leased a '13 Titanium and while you normally don't care for crossovers, that one was not only lots of fun, but like Sunny D, was there for good and bad

In the future, gotta find one and work on it, as im sure there are mods and stuff for it

Velociraptor

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus RX450h, 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I live in an urban area with tight parking being pretty common. The 4dr Bronco is a bit longer than my wife's Lexus RX450h and there are some places where her car is a pain to park. My Subaru Crosstrek is much easier as it is shorter and the 2dr Bronco is a little bit shorter than the Crosstrek. I initially went for the 2dr then for awhile thought 4dr, but now I am back to 2dr. I think if I got the 4dr I would always be annoyed trying to park it in the city. Also I am retired and the kids are gone so not hauling a lot of people. If I live some place with easy parking everywhere then I would get the 4dr.

OP
OP
MyFirstBronco01

MyFirstBronco01

Big Bend
First Name
Elena
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I live in an urban area with tight parking being pretty common. The 4dr Bronco is a bit longer than my wife's Lexus RX450h and there are some places where her car is a pain to park. My Subaru Crosstrek is much easier as it is shorter and the 2dr Bronco is a little bit shorter than the Crosstrek. I initially went for the 2dr then for awhile thought 4dr, but now I am back to 2dr. I think if I got the 4dr I would always be annoyed trying to park it in the city. Also I am retired and the kids are gone so not hauling a lot of people. If I live some place with easy parking everywhere then I would get the 4dr.
I live in southwest ohio, so its a mix of rural and urban. But I dont plan on getting married anytime soon (pets are just as fun lol), and my family has one 4 dr toyota highlander for now. Its just me, myself and I 99% of the time. There are some places that are a PITA to park with my truck (boonie territory only with it).
Sponsored