First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Big Bend 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
After 2 months needed to put top back on. Took about 30 min lowering each corner an inch or so at a time. Thumb screws would have saved time (instead of oem torx bolts). No issues with cam straps.
Sponsored

RYD003

Outer Banks
First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY23 Bronco OB
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
+1 for the Harken hoist. The Cam Lock for the pull rope, and the 3:1 mechanical advantage, are what differentiate it. Also, Harken makes quality, marine-grade gear.

The ~70 pound top lifts with only about 23 pounds of pull force.

Stored 12 feet up, in my case.

Harken.jpg
nice! no issues with the weather strip on the front or back of the roof? seems the straps put all the weight at those two points.

thanks!

RYD003

Outer Banks
First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY23 Bronco OB
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've got the harken hoister setup. It was made for Jeeps. I used it for lifting my RTT and now I use it for my 4 door hard top. It works great and I can raise and lower it very easily by pulling one rope.

harken hoister
nice! no issues with the weather strip on the front or back of the roof? seems the straps put all the weight at those two points.

thanks!

brianbrn

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

thanks!
I have 2 hooks for the front that go through the bolt holes on the front. On the back I used a little creativity and ran a plastic coated heavy gauge wire through the bracket for the back glass. I pop the plastic cover off. I’ll attach a photo. The loop slides up through the gap and the knot supports the bracket. Check out the photos and see if that makes sense

IMG_3063.jpeg

IMG_3064.jpeg

RYD003

Outer Banks
First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY23 Bronco OB
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have 2 hooks for the front that go through the bolt holes on the front. On the back I used a little creativity and ran a plastic coated heavy gauge wire through the bracket for the back glass. I pop the plastic cover off. I’ll attach a photo. The loop slides up through the gap and the knot supports the bracket. Check out the photos and see if that makes sense

Ford Bronco 2 Door Hardtop lift / storage DIY with just (4) eye hooks and (4) cam straps IMG_3064

Ford Bronco 2 Door Hardtop lift / storage DIY with just (4) eye hooks and (4) cam straps IMG_3064
very nice! i thought about using the bolt holes on the front, but had no idea where to do something like that on the rear. brilliant and simple. thank you.

Sponsored

brianbrn

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You are welcome. I use those oval rings to run through those holes on the front. Works great for me. That way I’m not running straps under or around anything. I don’t even use the straps that came with the lift. I just tied the lines at the right length to the rings and it lifts right to the ceiling.

Rwhite692

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Blazer, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

thanks!

No. I also tucked a folded microfiber cloth under the straps where they come over the weatherstripping, for good measure.

Amcole1984

Big Bend
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Project took about an hour and cost me maybe $30 in materials. Ive seen some attach a 2x4 board to the rear straps then rest the hardtop on the board, But is there a reason NOT not just hook the top from the bottom with the hooks attached to the cam straps (like I did)?I did not find any FMC specific documentation/warnings about this

That's exactly how I store mine. No issues. I store it for months at a time. I put a moving blanket on it and store my sunrider on top. Super easy!
Sponsored