Sponsored

2020 RESERVATION HOLDERS ONLY POLL

When did you reserve and still not have a vin?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP
OP
Letagoavs710

Letagoavs710

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
7/19 res. I now have a vin with a 8/15 production date. That was already bumped from 8/8. 2 door OB, sas, tow, leather.
Glad you got scheduled!
Sponsored

Booback

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xxx
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Curious if we can get a semi-accurate idea of how many early 2020 reservation holders are left from the first few months who DO NOT HAVE A VIN. If you’re scheduled, you’re set.
i did get a pack of cards today though. To mark my 2 year and 3 week anniversary. Thanks @Ford Motor Company…..😞

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm still hoping Ford will get all of the reservations filled by 2023. It has been almost 2 years now since my reservation and I never thought it would take this long to get it filled. I had an earlier reservation and gave it up for an October one, and I realized that it would be delayed a bit, but not thing long. I really want a Bronco, but if Ford can't find a way to get it to my dealer by 2023, I'll cancel my reservations, sell both my Fords and never look back.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not understanding the huge amount of October numbers. Thinks folks are misreading what the poll is asking for and indicating that they ordered in 10/22'?

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm not understanding the huge amount of October numbers. Thinks folks are misreading what the poll is asking for and indicating that they ordered in 10/22'?
That number is correct. Granger had better special pricing in oct of 2020. many people who had earlier reservations, like myself, cancelled them and got a new one in Oct 2020 so that Granger would get better allocations for 2021. The down side is we would have to wait a little longer to get our Bronco. At the time, no one realized that orders would get pushed this far out.

Sponsored

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That number is correct. Granger had better special pricing in oct of 2020. many people who had earlier reservations, like myself, cancelled them and got a new one in Oct 2020 so that Granger would get better allocations for 2021. The down side is we would have to wait a little longer to get our Bronco. At the time, no one realized that orders would get pushed this far out.
Ah thanks, that makes sense.

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m a September 2020. I intentionally waited for the first wave of the launch to die down to jump in. I didn’t want the first 80k of a new ford launch after the Explorer deal. There was definitely a big push of Bronco news in October but I can’t remember what, possibly the B&P going live date announcement or the order banks opening date announced.

Edit: Someone pointed out Grangetober fest. Dealers never canceled the original orders. I said this early in. Ford should have required more deposit money and launched less configurations in the initial launch.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

August 21, 2020 reservation. 2DR Basesquatch 2.7, low volume local dealer.

Still nothing. They did build the dealers second order after they dropped the MIC for a softie. They have also gotten 2 or 3 4DRs for stock that they were not expecting because in their eyes they should have not gotten my order, but I get that because Ford can build BB 4DR softies. We will see what happens now if Ford goes to the COVP deal maybe they will get the backlog cleaned out.

Sponsored

cpmartin1999

Badlands
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 2020 VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Curious if we can get a semi-accurate idea of how many early 2020 reservation holders are left from the first few months who DO NOT HAVE A VIN. If you’re scheduled, you’re set.
i would be curious how many (like me) are probably waiting as a casualty of the low price dealer who has MANY reservations, but is small and not getting allocations?? I reserved at Stephens with a below invoice opportunty in Oct 2020 and ordered correctly in March of 21 and reorderd as required in oct of 21. Next, getting frustrated with the "news" i ordered ANOTHER bronco (kept Stephens) on Jan 27 2022 at a dealer in Mi, well, i have a production date of August 8 on the second order in Mi, but still nothing on my original. So, are most folks waiting because of low volume dealer allocation or???? why???

OP
OP
Letagoavs710

Letagoavs710

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
i would be curious how many (like me) are probably waiting as a casualty of the low price dealer who has MANY reservations, but is small and not getting allocations?? I reserved at Stephens with a below invoice opportunty in Oct 2020 and ordered correctly in March of 21 and reorderd as required in oct of 21. Next, getting frustrated with the "news" i ordered ANOTHER bronco (kept Stephens) on Jan 27 2022 at a dealer in Mi, well, i have a production date of August 8 on the second order in Mi, but still nothing on my original. So, are most folks waiting because of low volume dealer allocation or???? why???
It’s a big part of it, yes. Then people ordering multiple Broncos to try and get one sooner has made it even worse. Not blaming you, it should never be this way. Did you cancel your original?

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I Made a few July 2020 and one in October of that year

cpmartin1999

Badlands
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 2020 VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s a big part of it, yes. Then people ordering multiple Broncos to try and get one sooner has made it even worse. Not blaming you, it should never be this way. Did you cancel your original?
Well, I gotta say, YES, I kept my original, and, I currently have a Bronco, Badlands I bought at a dealer in February. My plan was to keep this one I bought at msrp until I get my stephens fully thinking it would be this summer or fall, ended up this other one is going into production, so I'll trade or sell my current for the one I ordered (second) and ill STILL KEEP my original order in, and when it comes in then I'll decide whT to do with it. I would have NEVER gone about the process this way, I expected to have my original by fall or winter 2021, but ford forced me into this game.
Sponsored