Sponsored

2021 Badlands Non-Sasquatch. What is the best Suspension lift kit, tire and wheels upgrade to make it out perform the HOSS 3.0?

RJones

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I got tired of waiting for my 2023 Wildtrak and bought a used 2021 Badland, non-sasquatch. It has the tow package. I am now considering just making this my long term Bronco and making upgrades on my own. Please forgive me for my ignorance, but I am new to the off-road world and am having a hard time finding answers to my build question on here.

If I want to build this non-sasquatch to out perform the HOSS 3.0 and even the Raptor, what would be the best suspension lift kit? That being said, I would also like it to be a comfortable day-to-day highway city driving. This will be my primary vehicle, but I want to be able to take it out to the country for camping, off-roading, and hunting trips.

So far, I am attracted to the BDS 3–4” Lift Kit with Fox 2.5 Shocks for the fact that I can adjust the suspension for the different types of driving I will do. Am I going overboard and is this more for hard core off roading?

Can someone please recommend suggestions that will give me a better than the HOSS 3.0 Wildtrak off-road performance, but will also be a comfortable highway drive.

I would also be interested in 35"-37" tire recommendations for the same use as above.

I really appreciate your input and please forgive me if this was covered before. I can't find it buried in these threads/
Sponsored

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bilstein shocks are digressive, and better for road driving. Fox and King's are linear which causes them to sway more on the road but they feel endless off-road. You're honestly going to have more performance than you know how to handle with the stock HOSS 2.0. The steering rack of the HOSS 3.0 is what really get's people here excited, and you missed out there.

OP
OP
RJones

RJones

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Bilstein shocks are digressive, and better for road driving. Fox and King's are linear which causes them to sway more on the road but they feel endless off-road. You're honestly going to have more performance than you know how to handle with the stock HOSS 2.0. The steering rack of the HOSS 3.0 is what really get's people here excited, and you missed out there.
Would you suggest just simply lifting my Badlands and keeping the 2.0 Bilstein shocks? I would like to put at least 35” tires on it.
Is there a way to add an aftermarket steering rack comparable or better than the HOSS 3.0?

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350, F-450, 2022 Bronco, (2) 77 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Icon Stage 8 Active Suspension.

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Would you suggest just simply lifting my Badlands and keeping the 2.0 Bilstein shocks? I would like to put at least 35” tires on it.
Is there a way to add an aftermarket steering rack comparable or better than the HOSS 3.0?
I used perch collars (1 below) to lift mine at all 4 corners. and the Zone 1" level kit (2 Below) added to the front because I also had an aftermarket winch and bumper to support. I did it myself, but I would expect a shop to charge you between $300-$400 to install them for you. That was good enough for me to run 36" tires without rubbing (they say 37x12.0R17" but that was false advertising on their part).

1: https://www.wildhorses4x4.com/product/19593/4-Door-Bronco-Suspension

2: https://zoneoffroad.com/products/fo...onco-leveling-kit-zone?variant=40188181250136

Sponsored

ScumbagTakumi

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AE86 Corolla (S2K SWAP), 08 Acura MDX AKA THE GOAT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As a lot of people have been saying, the stock Bilsteins are pretty darn good. At least initially I think those with a set of Eibach coils to lift it will make you pretty happy. If the goal is to exceed the comfort and performance of the 3.0, you probably are going to want to wait on the release of a position-sensitive shock or maybe something electronically controlled as both the Wildtrak and Raptor 3.0s are an internal bypass. My money is probably going to be on the Bilstein 8112s for something with mechanically position sensitivity as their "Zone Control" design is probably the most effective, and they will have dual speed compression adjusters like the Fox. Otherwise I Icon CDEV coilovers are pretty rad or you can retrofit an SDI Eclick electronically controlled reservoir to a Fox or King as well. You will not be cycling as much travel as a Raptor though, so the best way to get close would be Baja Kits +3 Long Travel kit, which will be compatible with any bolt-on coilover up front.
Sponsored