First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2018 Thor Motorhome RV
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The problem is that everybody here is under the false impression that Ford actually knows when they are releasing it. They don’t. If they did they wouldn’t be so cryptic. It would be a real shame if we didn’t get it at least a couple weeks before the Halloween dealership switching deadline.
This^^. Which would be worse, Ford rushing out a B&P that crashes, is inaccurate and doesn't have all the correct configurations or having to wait for it to be right.
Mess up a line of code and a comma or decimal point ends in the wrong place and dealers will have lawyered up customers demanding their $6,100 Wildtrak instead of their $61,000 one. Miss a configuration and you won't be able to add a 2.7l option if you picked a tow package. Its code, code, code. Yes they do it with every other vehicle they have but if its wrong they lose money and someone could lose their job.
Anyone who thinks its easy should send their resume to Ford's web commerce departments.
Sponsored

icavedin

Base
First Name
Ami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'86 4runner, '91 318iS, '07 4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Lotta ya’ll are trippin

For the ones who keep comparing minutes on the hour to whole months need to take elementary English again and drink some damn milk (i prefer oat)

by 8:01 =/= by September
by 8:01 = by September 1st

I really don’t care about this that much, but I couldn’t help myself; those posts were driving me bonkers.
It’s okay to disagree with me, but you’re wrong.

I do agree that the verbiage FMC communications is relaying tends to err on the ambiguous/vague end, but we now have over 100 pages of discussion on this thread; that’s free marketing. Here’s another .02 cents from me Mike (pun intended I guess)

Last edited:

perfectburrito

Badlands
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands Sasquatch, 2.7AT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The funny part is everyone treating social media posts as if they are announcing actual project milestones. Is it possible we're overthinking things a bit and that Mike was simply putting a date on the wall, not announcing an actual release date?

I also think people are underestimating the complexity of a product launch like this, even for a massive company like Ford. Get a deck of cards and calm down.

TitusTerrebonne

Badlands
First Name
Titus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion xD and a Mazda Tribute
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone noticed the brochure tab has disappeared from the bronco page perhaps meaning they are really close to posting a B&P in it's place.

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Summer Sales Event runs to 9/7/2020.
I'm thinking that when the FSS event ends, the B&P will be available for the Bronco. Making wild guesses because that's all we can do till it happens.

Sponsored

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone noticed the brochure tab has disappeared from the bronco page perhaps meaning they are really close to posting a B&P in it's place.
Just moved...
I just got my OCD Triggered... CENTER that! OMG, really?

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco Build & Price pre-launch waiting room 1598970220693

TitusTerrebonne

Badlands
First Name
Titus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion xD and a Mazda Tribute
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just moved...
I just got my OCD Triggered... CENTER that! OMG, really?

1598970220693.png
Right. It moved from the drop down tab on the top left and the menu bar on the right. Both locations are where build and price would go. It means nothing really other than they are getting closer because they are preparing.

ICT SHOCKER

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Ford Ranger & 17 Civic Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, he didn’t say “by September 1st”, so they could technically make us wait up to another 30 days... ?
Well I guess I'm going to order some Pineapple Pizza and then take a nice long nap. As Green Day sang "Wake Me Up When September Ends"

Suke996

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition (Reservation)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Just extend the deadline for switching dealers so we can price our builds with different dealers. We, the buyer, have a deadline and it's around the corner.

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Sponsored

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The original release date for the Bronco was back in March. People like to say, "But, but, but the coronavirus happened....", when pricing surveys, market research, etc. can be built, sent out, and analyzed from a computer at home. They had three years prior to launch where they were designing, making partnerships for accessories, etc., and you're telling me they couldn't get a polished website up and running by release date? Get outta here with that. That makes no sense at all. The only thing that is called is PPP (Piss Poor Planning) on Ford's part. If this were any other vehicle in Ford's lineup, Build and Price would have launched by now (clearly with Bronco Sport, F150, and Mach-E Build and Price all being up as we speak). Please don't make excuses for Ford's botched plan execution on this iconic vehicle. Ford is flying by the seat of their pants and it definitely shows.

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Beginning to wonder if Ford has their shit together or not. Every aspect of the Bronco has been delayed, site crashing and more delays.
Was disappointing is the fact we are given a hard deadline in swapping dealers, yet we can't really make a decision without firm pricing which is now delayed again.
Push the dealer deadline back each day the Build and price is delayed.
Well since the two of those things have zero bearing on one another, why would they do that exactly? Final pricing should have zero effect on which dealer you choose. I’m going with the dealer of my choosing regardless of what Fords final pricing is. Why? Because they’re two separate, completely unrelated choices. It’s been two months since launch, if you haven’t found a dealer you trust by now, not sure what knowing the final price will do for you.

Reactions: RG7

RedRiverRev

First Name
Herman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Please don't make excuses for Ford's botched plan execution on this iconic vehicle. Ford is flying by the seat of their pants and it definitely shows.
Yep...welcome to the fallout from the Hackett era. The Explorer was just a preview of things to come. It's the reason he's deployed his golden parachute while the company continues to struggle to get products launched and built properly.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Well well well Peeps.. WE heard it here 1st, right from Doug #3 Doug #4, Ford is going to offer a V8 in the new Bronco... that's why it's taking so long. Thanks for the new info @JAGSarge ?

Note: *Some of the information in the above quote has edited for content and to fit within the allotted time slot. (y)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.