North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

and another, is Ford Marketing brain dead or just tone deaf?

Ford to introduce new Bronco on O.J. Simpson's birthday

So what do people read, the OJ headline or the rest?
Ford is introducing the Bronco as a challenge to Jeep in the fast-growing SUV segment

Ford's new Bronco will get a lot of attention, especially due to its debut date - July 9, O.J. Simpson's birthday.

In a statement to the Free Press, Ford's Mike Levine, Ford North America product communications manager, said Simpson's birthdate is "purely coincidental."
Yeah, sure, the believability of a marketing guy, laughable. Unless Ford believes getting free press in non-traditional automotive press like People outweighs the costs of riding the coattails of a murderer.
Sponsored

Last edited:

THEMANatwar

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 F150 Flareside, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah I've seen a few articles now mentioning the date "coincidence." Hopefully this doesn't trigger some woke response and move the date back.

BuckWildOffRoad

Raptor
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Bronco, King Ranch F250, Taurus SHO
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Yeah I've seen a few articles now mentioning the date "coincidence." Hopefully this doesn't trigger some woke response and move the date back.
Nah, Ford will never admit to doing this on purpose, but they did. I mean come on, nobody cares about Simpson, but they do find it funny. This is actually working in Fords favor, this "coincidence " is getting pasted on every news page and enthusiast website/forum. They are letting everyone know that the Bronco is being revealed July 9th!

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Nah, Ford will never admit to doing this on purpose, but they did. I mean come on, nobody cares about Simpson, but they do find it funny. This is actually working in Fords favor, this "coincidence " is getting pasted on every news page and enthusiast website/forum. They are letting everyone know that the Bronco is being revealed July 9th!
Any other time than now, this might seem like a way to get a lot of mileage, but everyone is pretty sensitive these days. It may get Ford the attention they want, but a lot of flack along with it. FLT seems like they're planning on making sure of that.

BuckWildOffRoad

Raptor
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Any other time than now, this might seem like a way to get a lot of mileage, but everyone is pretty sensitive these days. It may get Ford the attention they want, but a lot of flack along with it. FLT seems like they're planning on making sure of that.
FLT released images that they had previously been told not to do. While I don't think they should have been banned, they did know what risks they were taking and lost. You're right about people being sensitive these days, unfortunately the media is what plays into it. Thankfully for Ford, right now all the media streams are finding this ironic and funny. But you're still right, very risky move!

Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

maybe I am off base here but I look at this shit this way .......

TFL gets banned from Ford for showing pictures of a vehicle that is about to be released and we are talking about a vehicle but ..............

CNN, MSNBC, etc. can spew ALL kinds of lies and spread all of the false BS they can find and endanger the lives of normal law abiding people and yet ....... NOTHING !! no condemnation, no one saying "hey dumbasses shut the hell up that is not true". or better yet pull the fucking plug and SHUT THEM DOWN. !!!!

I just don't understand what happen common sense anymore. Take your PC shit and choke on it !!

ok sorry ............... rant over is it July yet. :D

BuckWildOffRoad

Raptor
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

maybe I am off base here but I look at this shit this way .......

TFL gets banned from Ford for showing pictures of a vehicle that is about to be released and we are talking about a vehicle but ..............

CNN, MSNBC, etc. can spew ALL kinds of lies and spread all of the false BS they can find and endanger the lives of normal law abiding people and yet ....... NOTHING !! no condemnation, no one saying "hey dumbasses shut the hell up that is not true". or better yet pull the fucking plug and SHUT THEM DOWN. !!!!

I just don't understand what happen common sense anymore. Take your PC shit and choke on it !!

ok sorry ............... rant over is it July yet. :D
The problem is that LOTS of people are saying just that, but who's going to report it? Nope, they will cover it up or flip it. They control the media and what people see. What we see on the news is all orchestrated to their benefit...

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The problem is that LOTS of people are saying just that, but who's going to report it? Nope, they will cover it up or flip it. They control the media and what people see. What we see on the news is all orchestrated to their benefit...

YEP just like TFL looking for hits or clicks whatever term you would like to use.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
YEP just like TFL looking for hits or clicks whatever term you would like to use.
Now, they're butt hurt because Ford uninvited them and expect their subscriber base to fight against Ford for them.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
TFL being butt hurt is annoying. They knew the bed they were making now they have to lay in it. I hope Ford doesn’t cave and they learn a lesson from it.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just saw it on Fox News. Ford is still saying purely a coincidence.

jamanrr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Ford F150 Powerstroke,
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If the Bronco release is white then you will for sure now it is a stunt.

Evanm14

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5, Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Who is Doug?