Carolina Jim

First Name
Jim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Renegade
I would think they are too far along now to not build.
You're Probably right. On the other hand...money spent is just money spent. The only important consideration is 'how can I make money going forward?', and 'what do I have to spend to make it?'

Let's hope we see light at the end of the tunnel soon. And we don't have some other weird shit around the corner, like an alien invasion.

BAUS67

First Name
redneck
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 13 Explorer XLT, 97 Jeep Wrangler
...…..... or a zombie apocalypse.

BroncoJeremie

First Name
Jeremie
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150
Vehicle Showcase
For real, I was fine waiting a week for a little tidbit of information to come out but now it's been a week it's time to storm the gates "tenacious d" plays in the background

ChrispyKC

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Expedition Platinum, 2016 Escape SE, 2015 Jeep Wrangler 2DR Sahara
If it slips to 2022, I am likely leasing a JT or JL. I am over 150k miles on the JK, and at the point of keeping it as a toy to build / tow hog and getting a car, or replacing it after my son graduates next spring and the college payments go away. Another year is too long.
2022 MY begins shortly after 2021 CY which is shortly after 2021 MY was going to start - Dec 2020. 2021 MY Balance out for Bronco would probably have been May/June CY '21 and '22 MY would have had a post July shutdown Job #1 of about late August. If Bronco runs into 2022 MY being the first year, look for a VERY early '21 CY Job #1.

Automotive timelines don't run congruent with Calendar years and unless you're in the industry 2022 MY seems light years away.

We're already selling 2021 Econolines and Medium Duty F600/F650/F750 are all 2021 and coming very soon.

ChrispyKC

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And yes, I'm back from vacation just in time for your speculation clarification. Everyone at the office that was traveling - all but three of us - are on 14 day quarantine. Sounds fun, but it's not. Selling trucks from my living room is a pain in the ass, but I'm managing.

Twomstone

First Name
Connor
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW Golf 5MT
And yes, I'm back from vacation just in time for your speculation clarification. Everyone at the office that was traveling - all but three of us - are on 14 day quarantine. Sounds fun, but it's not. Selling trucks from my living room is a pain in the ass, but I'm managing.
We know there is a lot of details trying to be hashed out at the top and everyone is busy trying to figure out the best course of action, but please get someone to give us another little tidbit, it's been quiet for too long!

ChrispyKC

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The 21 Explorer job #1 is also projected 7-27.
I was trying to remember my balance out dates for '20 MY, and I thought May was the month which would point to '21 MY Explorer coming in July/August after shutdown. Who knows how that will all change now. Hell, I have a group of High Roof Transits I need immediately that were ordered in October that just built about two weeks ago, they almost pushed to '21 MY. Everything I dropped in before vacation will more than likely push to '21.