Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
...Cactus just looks dingy or something to me. Can't put my finger on it but not sure it's a color I could love for 10 years or more
...I'm almost done with CG and am betting that I will shift to the A51 dark side!!! Why? Cause I hate math!
It's interesting that the two colors that stand out to you are the ultra-modern flat appearance types of paint.

Frankly, both of these colors are so incredibly "2020" paint colors that they will both be incredibly dated within 10 years.

An example of what a dated car looks like today. This thing screams "EARLY 1990's" as loud as possible. CG and A51 will be the same thing in a few years.

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco spotted with hitch bike rack (Yakima) 30265479[1]

FishKzor

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They should used a longer extension. ?

Screen Shot 2021-01-08 at 12.09.43 PM.png

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Whooooooa, CG is really bad. Stretching it to be as long as a limousine with that bike rack is an interesting way to stimulate the mind and prevent mid-day naps.

Should "whatever color my dishwasher is" or "I don't know what color I want, i guess silver if you have it on the lot?" be too exciting for you, then CG comes in punching below it's pay grade to lull you to boredom.

Truly CG is the color for accountants, auditors, bean counters, bookkeepers or anybody who's job involves researching history via microfiche. (if you're too young to know what microfiche is, google it)

These sorts of paint colors are why Americans have difficulty moving back to a righthand lane after passing somebody, they have been lulled to sleep by boredom behind the wheel.
Rick I love your take on paint and colors, what is your color of choice for your bronco?

Sponsored

tedweb

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, KIA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cactus gray is looking awesome here... it may be pulling into the lead for me.
Are we sure this is CG? Here it looks great:
Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco spotted with hitch bike rack (Yakima) 1610133663015

The B&P looks like like mint chocolate chip ice cream:
Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco spotted with hitch bike rack (Yakima) 1610133798279

Dreadnought

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A8L, cube, Corvair
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Best Cactus Gray I've seen so far. Looks almost Land Rover-ish, and closest thing to green in MY21. I prefer metallics and am set on Rapid Red, but this is tempting.

However, I've seen other shots that look like either flat gray or toothpaste.

Looks like it's back to the dealer to check out the Bronco Sport color mannequins.

Last edited:

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a Hollywood E-Bike rack with a 12" extension for my CRV as it also has the rear mounted spare, plan to use the same setup for the Bronco.

Sponsored

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Wow Cactus Gray looks great with a black top. With the faded MIC top? Not so much. That soft top still looks like a high-school auto shop project. Why are they having such a hard time getting it to fit right?

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco spotted with hitch bike rack (Yakima) 1610134121294

That is my exact BUILT/ORDER .... just 2 things:

1st BLACKEN that Bronco emblem on the tailgate.
AND
2nd Get rid of that hideous bike rack.

..... and I'm good to go

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It's interesting that the two colors that stand out to you are the ultra-modern flat appearance types of paint.

Frankly, both of these colors are so incredibly "2020" paint colors that they will both be incredibly dated within 10 years.

An example of what a dated car looks like today. This thing screams "EARLY 1990's" as loud as possible. CG and A51 will be the same thing in a few years.

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco spotted with hitch bike rack (Yakima) 1610134121294
Who knows what will be in-style in 10 years? You could say that about pretty much any of the colors; I would argue more that the colors like cyber orange and velocity blue will look more dated, and it won't take that long. Most likely, whatever you pick you will get tired of in a few years anyway!

I was hoping Cactus would be closer to Toyota Cement Gray, but it's not so I will probably stick with Carbon Gray. It's pretty close to the color of my 2015 Mazda6, and It still looks great after five years.

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford keeps saving me money. First they showed their sound deadening headliner (pass) and now the $79 hitch extension (pass). I think I’m now down to floor mats as my only accessory!
Got the Ford's on two vehicles and have had the Weathertechs on two others. I'll be buyng weathertechs for my Bronco. Nothing wrong with the Ford's, but for the same ballpark price, i'd rather have the weathertechs.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Rick I love your take on paint and colors, what is your color of choice for your bronco?
My take is that the color pallet chosen for Bronco's release was performed by somebody who's social life includes going to art galleries with fancy wines and cheeses, where everybody is dressed superbly modern and fancy.

Which is to say: They completely missed the objective and demographic of Bronco, confusing the Bronco for a Mercedes S-class. Simply choosing 5 things, then duplicating them is absurd. Two blacks, two whites, two grays, two reds. Oh shit, we forgot a blue and I guess throw in something else. A51 seems like a color, I live in the land of Amazon.com so it's just "Amazon delivery vehicle" color...

My personal color of choice, if allowed a choice, would be none of the offered colors (something in green, brown, gold or a 1st generation vintage light metallic hue of any of the colors mentioned previously).

However, there are only three actual colors in the lineup as I won't own a vehicle in grayscale. Cyber Orange, Velocity Blue and Race Red (Rapid red is technically a color, but it's a boring color, being essentially burgundy). We already have a Lightning Blue Ranger, so it's a coin flip between Cyber Orange and Race Red. Materials costs for repairing tri-coats is quite expensive so that actually only leaves one genuine color, Race Red.

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco spotted with hitch bike rack (Yakima) 14LAGALLERY1-superJumbo[1]

These are color pictures, BTW. To a Bronco paint and materials team member, these are inspirational. And that tells you a lot when an art gallery inspires designers of an off road vehicle....
Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco spotted with hitch bike rack (Yakima) 10_MoMA_Photography-by-Iwan-Baan-2000x1333[1]

Are we sure this is CG? Here it looks great:
Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco spotted with hitch bike rack (Yakima) 10_MoMA_Photography-by-Iwan-Baan-2000x1333[1]
Assuming you want the vehicle to look like a concrete jungle, then yea, it's um, a.... interesting color?

What excitement I see with real-life Cactus Gray:
Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco spotted with hitch bike rack (Yakima) 1_Nny24mQlhdYLhIidrSSHZw[1]

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco spotted with hitch bike rack (Yakima) empty+l.a.+(3)[1]

Really stirs the soul and excites the mind.
Sponsored