BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is how a wrangler is. It’s really quite easy.
Agreed We would need to see the back to see how easy it hard. My stang has a similar housing with headlights and blinkers combined and it’s really easy to change bulbs. Tons of aftermarket options too. They just make a single housing just like OEM does
Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is how a wrangler is. It’s really quite easy.
Which is why the obnoxious size and shape of that one makes it look annoying to change when compared to the simple round housing of a JL.

s-l1600.jpg

2021 Bronco headlight.jpg

BroncoBuyer

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m not buying a brand new vehicle to load it up with eBay made in China garbage head lites or any other aftermarket garbage so how hard it is to remove the factory OEM parts is my least concern.
In other words, who in the hell cares how the headlights are installed? I mean seriously if that is the only thing people end up bitching about then Ford will hit a home run like never been seen before..

take it from somebody who has driven over 50-80k miles a year on dozens of vehicles over the past 30 years..
1) aftermarket headlights don’t last
2) aftermarket exhaust typically look like crap, sounds like crap, and even worse you sacrifice low end throttle response and torque for small gains at high rpms... they also don’t last as long as OEM without issues.
3) aftermarket k&n filters, intakes cold air intakes etc... let DIRT in! Let DIRT in and lastly, they let F’ing DIRT in! I’ve had enough nasty intake manifolds and gummed up sticky throttle plates to know enough to quit using that crap.
Side note: cold air intake systems, WHERE in the world are you finding cold air??? It’s not sucking cold air from your a/c system so please explain how the air is colder when it’s still coming from a hot fender area?

Last edited:

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m not buying a brand new vehicle to load it up with eBay made in China garbage head lites or any other aftermarket garbage so how hard it is to remove the factory OEM parts is my least concern.
In other words, who in the hell cares how the headlights are installed? I mean seriously if that is the only thing people end up bitching about then Ford will hit a home run like never been seen before..
Bingo.

I’d rather have stock headlights that aren’t dogshit and don’t need an upgrade. If I need more light well that’s what light bars are for.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hope that’s the base headlight and that the upgrade uses LED projectors. I like the design though

Sponsored

Randy92Fox

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Half Cab, 7.3 Powerstroke, 5.0 Convertible Fox
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I hope that’s the base headlight and that the upgrade uses LED projectors. I like the design though
Will likely be the case. Ford is probably watching Jeep charge an extra $700+ for Led headlights and fog lights in the Wrangler with dollar signs in their eyes.

BroncoBuyer

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Base
Bingo.

I’d rather have stock headlights that aren’t dogshit and don’t need an upgrade. If I need more light well that’s what light bars are for.
Exactly!

Adding MORE light makes total sense, it’s when somebody takes perfectly working, non yellowed, not broken, new looking OEM lights off a newer vehicle to put in some gaudy looking China garbage tail lights or headlights drives me nuts!
Nobody seems to have ever been told the golden rule, if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford must be smiling tonight. They stick their hand in the parts bin this morning then post a pic of the first thing they pull out. You know they track click counts on this forum...if the board lights up like a Christmas tree, on a holiday week, over a headlamp...imagine the traffic coming aboard the next 2-3 months.

Guidr3

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 150
Your Bronco Model
Base
FLASH. !! Ford Introducing New. ANGEL. EYES lED. Headlights!

Sponsored

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Exactly!

Adding MORE light makes total sense, it’s when somebody takes perfectly working, non yellowed, not broken, new looking OEM lights off a newer vehicle to put in some gaudy looking China garbage tail lights or headlights drives me nuts!
Nobody seems to have ever been told the golden rule, if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.
The only exception i make to this rule is a beater. Ie, a 20yo vehicle with a couple hundred thousand miles ie. My old rigs. The headlights in that time frame tend to fade quite a bit. I got some cheap ebay housings. Light output is better than the faded but not as good as oem new by a longshot. Hence the led pods on my expedition. They are ditch lighters. Living in the country. In Michigan, deer are always crossing, they dont even follow the deer crossing signs!

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The only exception i make to this rule is a beater. Ie, a 20yo vehicle with a couple hundred thousand miles ie. My old rigs. The headlights in that time frame tend to fade quite a bit. I got some cheap ebay housings. Light output is better than the faded but not as good as oem new by a longshot. Hence the led pods on my expedition. They are ditch lighters. Living in the country. In Michigan, deer are always crossing, they dont even follow the deer crossing signs!
I've tried a least 6 different sets of headlights in my '94 Wrangler over the years. LED, HID, $100, $1,000, you name it. Not a single set of them performed as well as the OG square halogens with a voltage bump.

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've tried a least 6 different sets of headlights in my '94 Wrangler over the years. LED, HID, $100, $1,000, you name it. Not a single set of them performed as well as the OG square halogens with a voltage bump.
Theretrofitsource.com LED 5x7's are pretty awesome. $360 a set I believe. They actually make some pretty good stuff for the most part. They of course have china made with thier brand name on them here and there. But overall. The ones I've installed and seen seem to work pretty good.

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Tried those. Didn't care for them.

I even tried some $1,500 ones in my Tundra and they were hot garbage compared to the factory halogen setup. They looked AMAZING. But I couldn't f'n see at night.
Sponsored