crashmtb

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, TD5 Defender
This provides the intercooler with a bit of left-right slack in case either recovery bracket flexes under torque. Hopefully it leaves enough play to keep it from being a problem!
I bet you a bronco it’s slotted for assembly purposes, not to allow the bracket to flex.

Zeebo390

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang GT, 2016 Subaru Outback
I bet you a bronco it’s slotted for assembly purposes, not to allow the bracket to flex.
Good point...would be nice to hear from someone who designed this stuff. I have to believe that with all the effort building ridiculous capability into the Bronco they would’ve accounted for this too. The bracket has to flex at least a little if someone puts a ton of lateral load on the hook. Heat exchangers with a plastic header pressed onto an aluminum core aren’t known for their ability to take a beating.

buzpro

Black Diamond
First Name
Binky
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Clubs

Yes we are ready for all your repair and upfitting needs at the dealers!!!

Can't take it from the techs site but can answer questions for now.

service manuals.jpg
how about the wiring diagram for the sound system? info on the speakers? the head unit? amp? etc.

D2dhanover

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150
Good point...would be nice to hear from someone who designed this stuff. I have to believe that with all the effort building ridiculous capability into the Bronco they would’ve accounted for this too. The bracket has to flex at least a little if someone puts a ton of lateral load on the hook. Heat exchangers with a plastic header pressed onto an aluminum core aren’t known for their ability to take a beating.
It’s there for assembly tolerance but also for when the frame is flexing while driving hence why the radiator isn’t bolted at the bottom either but instead uses isolators like the intercooler to allow for movement of the frame.

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, 93 Bronco, 13 F250 6.2L
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Owners manuel PN is M2DJ19A321AA
Have you been able to order it? I've tried several times over the last week and it says it can't be delivered to my state.

North7

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Clubs

1622726865443.png

Seems are circled - there are two bolts from the top (unseen), two bolts from the upper left side (unseen), and 3 on the bottom (2 unseen, 1 seen).

They were shown removed on the Rubicon.

1622727195281.png

EDIT: Saw now you were talking about the capable modular, not HD modular.
I see you realized we were discussing the capable bumper, not the modular bumper. Anyway, @FATHORSE here are some pics of the back side of the both bumpers.

Can any of you with access to the Service Manual get screen shots of these for us?

Capable Bumper, back:
1622807221696.png

Capable Bumper, front:
Capable Bumper front.jpg

Modular Bumper, front & back:
Modular Bumper front & back.jpg

96ExplorerSport

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Explorer Sport
Clubs

What will it take to DOWNGRADE the higher trim head and tail lights to the base head & tail lights?

Last edited:

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Clubs

Th
I see you realized we were discussing the capable bumper, not the modular bumper. Anyway, @FATHORSE here are some pics of the back side of the both bumpers.

Can any of you with access to the Service Manual get screen shots of these for us?

Capable Bumper, back:
1622807221696.png

Capable Bumper, front:
Capable Bumper front.jpg

Modular Bumper, front & back:
Modular Bumper front & back.jpg
Thank you North7!

Bigmoose

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Flex Ecoboost Limited
Have you been able to order it? I've tried several times over the last week and it says it can't be delivered to my state.
I called helm inc about this. It has nothing to do with delivery location. Everyone is getting that error. It's not actually available to be shipped yet even though it's listed as in stock. Might be available soon.

L8apex

Badlands
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST

Capable Bumper, back:
1622807221696.png

Capable Bumper, front:
Capable Bumper front.jpg
Ah so here is the problem - the pictures you are showing are not the the capable bumper they are just the MIC bumper.

There are only two front bumpers per the order guide, the service manual and for once it's consistent on B&P.

- MIC bumper
- HD Modular Bumper

Now the MIC bumper can come w/ and w/o fogs, but it's the same bumper. So the ends are not removable.

The Capable bumper, from your previous infographic, is offered through Ford Performance, which probably comes with its own separate service manual.

But, let's be honest, that bumper probably doesn't exist yet. It did look good on that cactus gray with the white interior and a bunch of other stuff we won't get.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX-450h, BMW R1150 GS
Clubs

@Rednek or @flip, can either of you confirm the sizes of the Bronco bolts? From photos posted in another thread, I am guessing M8 x 30mm T40 Torx and M6 x 20mm T40 Torx, but it would be nice to confirm actual specs. Thanks.

flip

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Clubs

@Rednek or @flip, can either of you confirm the sizes of the Bronco bolts? From photos posted in another thread, I am guessing M8 x 30mm T40 Torx and M6 x 20mm T40 Torx, but it would be nice to confirm actual specs. Thanks.
Too lazy to read whole thing. Almost look like torx plus heads. Where do these go? I can have parts look them up Monday. Wonder if the service replacements will have bronco on them or just plain. Get me some locations and I’ll get you some part numbers. If they are in the depots already I’ll order some.

OP
OP
Rednek

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2012 F250 S/D/2017 Fusion/68 Torino
Clubs

they are listing a grab handle kit in genuine accessories catalog,( SKP2DJ-044E42-AA )and they use a t30

Advertisement

Diode Dynamics

Advertisement