Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Most of the parts being used are not new,they are tried and true from other model lines.
Sponsored

Brew3x

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I meant what I said one recal for the bearings in the wheels and one for the bearing where the forks go through the head if thatā€™s called headstock then yes. According to Buell it was non safety.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My experience with Ford has been they have issues, first year or not. My Fiesta has shared parts with other vehicles and was not a first year model (far from it) and the things that went wrong or are still unfixed are known to the dealer. You can search online, or ask the service department manager and you can find the quick fix (that only worked for a day), or have the service manager confirm it's a known issue that is just plain out of warranty.

The first year Bronco will have issues, not just because it's a first year model, but because it's a mechanical device, mass-produced. It'll have all the issues the other models have with similar components and they'll fail both before and after the warranty, extended or not, runs out.

I wish the Bronco I want didn't have as many electronic things, and for the love of all that is holy, I wish it didn't have some stupid 12" screen that will fail all too early and leave me with a big black screen in the middle of the dash that doesn't work (can you tell my Fiesta pisses me off everyday) and can't be easily upgraded. Ugh, I'm starting to get all worked up, my blood pressure is rising and the vein in my neck is popping!

Six Miles South

Badlands
First Name
Stace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Outback, '57 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Spider
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
People who want to have their cake and eat it too can always lease. You get the thrill of being 1st-on-the-block and can return it in 2-3 years if you have catastrophic issues! Or you can buy the beast at lease end. I am seriously considering lease through my business.

OP
OP
SamG

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

People who want to have their cake and eat it too can always lease. You get the thrill of being 1st-on-the-block and can return it in 2-3 years if you have catastrophic issues! Or you can buy the beast at lease end. I am seriously considering lease through my business.
Iā€™m not positive on this - but I donā€™t think leases will be offered for the initial run of 21MY

Sponsored

bmclain

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer, 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am not sure I understand your statement - are you saying you do not believe that first year models have issues?
Different kind of issues. A lot of what has been discussed is design issues (GVWR, etc). Aren't a lot of the parts being used in the Bronco already being used in other models?

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sometimes as the "new" model continues on, the bean counters looking to get a feather in their cap will short cut on parts/procedures to save a buck.
You probably heard of the plastic oil pan leaks that F-150's went through. My 2015 (1st year) has an aluminum one.
Then there's the TSB for oil consumption for the 2018 F-150 5.0. They built that motor with zero issues years prior to that model year.
It can go both ways on a 1st year. IMO it's the luck of the draw.

OP
OP
SamG

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sometimes as the "new" model continues on, the bean counters looking to get a feather in their cap will short cut on parts/procedures to save a buck.
You probably heard of the plastic oil pan leaks that F-150's went through. My 2015 (1st year) has an aluminum one.
Then there's the TSB for oil consumption for the 2018 F-150 5.0. They built that motor with zero issues years prior to that model year.
It can go both ways on a 1st year. IMO it's the luck of the draw.
Former Buyer for Ford here.
Youā€™re exactly right - donā€™t blame us though, itā€™s pretty high level management that sets cost cutting goals.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
An earlier thread questioning why anyone would want the 2021MY got me thinking...

As most with professional experience in the auto industry know, first model year vehicles statistically do have more issues than their second third and fourth year counterparts.

This comes from a number of variables. Assembly line workers simply are not as familiar with how to put the car together (yup, even though they each only have a very specific task - humans make mistakes) and as a result, some fit and finish issues will occur. Suppliers absolutely SKATE by the initial PPAP process for their parts (aka the parts are qualified..kinda) and as a result there are some parts that will have failures. The list goes on and on.

With that said, first year models are indeed still fine to buy - but the do objectively carry a higher likelihood of some issues. Not astronomical, but its there.

My question is - how do we safeguard against this? For example.. if this was a new piece of Apple Hardware, I would simply purchase the 2 year extended warranty.

What can we do as first year buyers to try to cover our asses in the event of some sort of issues?
Don't tune it.........

MasonPaul

Badlands
First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander and BMW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I get first year issues, but fix the GVWR problem please. Gracias!

Sponsored

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Oh yes first year will have issues ,look at that engine bay,built in time of covid,multiple supplier delays, ect. this isnt fords first rodeo they invented the auto assembly line and quality in my ford stuff has been pretty good(a bunch of 150s,250s,mustangs,focus st,escape,explorer,broncos)so i would say get enough warranty to make you happy,and if you tune do it thru ford .
Im not terribly worried but for some the lease might be the way to go.
Im going to try to sleep now after seeing those underhood picsā˜ 

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The dealer you go to for service really matters. I've had dramatically different experiences when going for service. That article about the Jeep owner on the hook for repairs after going through mud definitely makes me wary but to be fair, we don't know if they were downplaying what happened.
I've said this a couple of times and get replies that price is the only thing that matters. My belief is that a good reliable dealer is far more important.
Sponsored