First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trail-Squak, YT Capra 29er & Decoy Mullet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like it! Well done. Ordered mine back in May 21'. Still patiently waiting. Temped to switch my order from a Badlands to a WT for the Hoss 3.0 suspension. I'm not planning to keep the Bilsteins at all. Following your build. Cheers.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Tishomingo

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Should get my SVC bumpers in a week or two! Are you happy with them? It’s hard to tell but does the crash bar poking out bother you at all as far as looking clean? Nice build!!!
You referring to the steel structures on the sides of the front frame rails?
Since everything is black they are not too visible and don't bother me much. They do look dumb since they are slightly angled downward, and already look a bit unfinished from the factory.

SVC bumpers are great, and fitment is flawless. Mounting bolts for the front bumper are a little tricky to tighten due to tight access for tools.
For the rear bumper you have to also order the SVC tow hitch if the parking sensors will be retained, otherwise there are no provisions for sensor installation.

rinconryder

Black Diamond
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
yes - the two black steel structures. Good to know. I just ordered some caps to put on the end of them to make them look cleaner. May end up cutting them back at some point though. Waiting to get my bumpers though so won’t decide until they are on.
Your build is looking great!

You referring to the steel structures on the sides of the front frame rails?
Since everything is black they are not too visible and don't bother me much. They do look dumb since they are slightly angled downward, and already look a bit unfinished from the factory.

SVC bumpers are great, and fitment is flawless. Mounting bolts for the front bumper are a little tricky to tighten due to tight access for tools.
For the rear bumper you have to also order the SVC tow hitch if the parking sensors will be retained, otherwise there are no provisions for sensor installation.

kojack19

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Would love to see some more pics of your build. specifically the Methods and the rails. I have had Method 305s on both of my Raptors and just love them but am itching for a different style on my bronco. The rails. look similar to the Raptor don't they or is it just me. Look forward to watching your build progress.

Calm horse

Big Bend
First Name
MO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 f150 king ranch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm curious as for the need to upgrade the intercooler?

Sponsored
OP
OP

Tishomingo

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Would love to see some more pics of your build. specifically the Methods and the rails. I have had Method 305s on both of my Raptors and just love them but am itching for a different style on my bronco. The rails. look similar to the Raptor don't they or is it just me. Look forward to watching your build progress.
I'll get some updated pics later.
Went with polished Method 315's on my 2020 Raptor for the trophy truck styling, but I admit the simulated "beadlock" is a little lame.

The RB20 side steps indeed are quite similar to the ones on the Raptor which is why I selected them. Almost too narrow though, and wider in the front and tapering towards the rear. Was looking for something slim, but these could use a little more space to actually function as a step.

OP
OP

Tishomingo

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm curious as for the need to upgrade the intercooler?
Not really a need, but Ford obviously went with a cheap design for mass production. I'll take all the cooling possible, especially for intake air on a hot summer day in the desert.

The intercooler upgrade is so easy when the bumper is off, that it just made sense while working there.

Calm horse

Big Bend
First Name
MO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 f150 king ranch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

đź‘Ť hope it helps...good looking ride!

OP
OP

Tishomingo

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Baja Designs SAE foglights wired into factory harness and button.
Cut off factory plug on the wire harness and installed new weatherproof connectors to match the ones from BD.

Ford Bronco 2022 4DR A51 Wildtrak - Desert Road Beast Build 20221213_160646
Ford Bronco 2022 4DR A51 Wildtrak - Desert Road Beast Build 20221213_161014

Top view of the RB20 steps.
Front:
Ford Bronco 2022 4DR A51 Wildtrak - Desert Road Beast Build 20221213_164446

Rear:
Ford Bronco 2022 4DR A51 Wildtrak - Desert Road Beast Build 20221213_164555

Lxatoledo

Wildtrak
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 EB Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
ROFL . . . “Not doing silly lifts or mods just to mod” . . . Takes breath . . . Here’s my $12,000 list of mods . . . ROFL.
I love what you’ve done with it, as none of what you’ve done is silly, but the way that came across has me . . . chuckling.
Aint that some shiit......... LOL

Sponsored
OP
OP

Tishomingo

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Aint that some shiit......... LOL
All good. Not everybody will like it, that's the great thing about customizing our vehicles. Others choose to waste their time painting grill letters or changing emblems. With my vehicles I focus on functional upgrades, but also have to like the way they look!

Updated the first post with current pic now that Bronco has been in my garage for a week.

Ford Bronco 2022 4DR A51 Wildtrak - Desert Road Beast Build 20221214_152451
Ford Bronco 2022 4DR A51 Wildtrak - Desert Road Beast Build 20221214_152508
Ford Bronco 2022 4DR A51 Wildtrak - Desert Road Beast Build 20221214_152526

NinjahGoose

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
How's the wind noise with the hard top? I'm going to be placing an order for a Wildtrak as soon as the order banks open back up.

OP
OP

Tishomingo

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
How's the wind noise with the hard top? I'm going to be placing an order for a Wildtrak as soon as the order banks open back up.
Wind noise is not too bad at 80mph, but definitely the loudest car I've had as far as wind noise.
The soft top version though is just awful. Sounds like you're driving with windows open even when everything is closed up.

kojack19

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All good. Not everybody will like it, that's the great thing about customizing our vehicles. Others choose to waste their time painting grill letters or changing emblems. With my vehicles I focus on functional upgrades, but also have to like the way they look!

Updated the first post with current pic now that Bronco has been in my garage for a week.

20221214_152451.jpg
20221214_152508.jpg
20221214_152526.jpg
Man I think you really nailed this build. Lots of functionality added while improving the looks. I think this is my favorite 4 door build I have seen. How is the Hoss 3.0s? I know you have a Raptor and curious how the road ride compares. Also do the titanium methods match the color of the fenders? It looks like they do in some of the pics. Also which of the two step finishes did you end up going with?

Last question-how close to level are you sitting right now?

Hope you are enjoying what looks like a fantastic Bronco!

NinjahGoose

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Wind noise is not too bad at 80mph, but definitely the loudest car I've had as far as wind noise.
The soft top version though is just awful. Sounds like you're driving with windows open even when everything is closed up.
Thanks! My 4Runner is pretty noisy due to the Nitto Grapplers (Load Range E), just curious about the difference. I'm debating on ordering a soft top and getting an ADV single piece top, just massive amounts of money for not much gain.
Sponsored