Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This is what was needed to fit the winch and brush bar properly without impairing the cameras.

Which means it's time for B6g members to start bitching and moaning about it.

Ford Bronco 2022 Bronco gets "Capable Bumper" option. Comes standard on Black Diamond and Badlands CalmForkedFlicker-size_restricted[1]

FWIW: the "heavy duty bumper" is not capable of fitting a winch and its thin gauge sheet steel which is incapable of protecting the body of the vehicle properly. If you intended to venture away from the soccer fields and malls, you were going to have to replace the "heavy duty bumper" Ford offered anyway. So who cares?

CalmForkedFlicker-size_restricted[1].gif
Sponsored

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When are we going to get the meaningful announcements for 2022? Like:
- Carpet on the rear seat back of the BD and BL models is replaced with plastic?
- The front camera is being relocated so a winch can be added to high trim?
- The rear seat on all 4 door interior trims will have a fold down arm rest?

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

WTf the only difference in the Modular Bumper and the Capable Bumper is fog light why get the modular bumper?
The HD has a lot of "Bronco bolt" mounting points all over for different accessories, whereas this capable one doesn't seem to have those (or as many). Folks that want to add a bunch of lights and things, or take the end caps off off-roading will likely want the modular one.

The Capable Bumper can take the ends off to....
As others have pointed out, I doubt it - there doesn't seem to be any sort of cut line to allow for that.

Pics of these two things, please...someone... I can't keep up with this BS. This rollout is a disaster. So I won't be getting a steel bumper on my BL now? Is this the news? I get more mismatched colored plastic? Ford, why don't you just drive to my house and punch me in the d...
Calm down. It is steel.

I for one am excited! I think it looks better than the HD modular and I really wanted factory integrated fog lights!

on top of that it’s still steel and if the ends come off, that’s awesome!

To each their own I guess

on top of that, it SHOUlD be a price reduction if standard equipment
Agreed - this was my favorite looks wise of the 3 originally shown (regular ones, HD, and capable), but I opted for the HD over the standard plastic one on WT. I too like the integrated fog lights with the switch, and will likely change to this bumper on my order.

So I have a 2021 Black Diamond on order....standard is the modular bumper. We are supposed to have price protection. Now I am being forced to a 2022 model where the standard bumper is the capable.....so...I will need to pay more for the (now) optional modular bumper. HOW IS THAT PRICE PROTECTION???? The only reason I am not getting a 2021 MY is due to Ford and Webasto screw ups. I did everything expected of me, now I still end up paying MORE. Not whinning...this IS an issue.
Price protection means just that? The price for what you ordered should remain the same regardless of changes for '22. If you ordered a HD, you should get it at the same price as what you ordered it for.

The capable bumper isn't avail to option in the OBX for '21. At least, I haven't seen it anywhere. Was it completely removed for '21 or am I missing something? Only one I've seen is the Mod HD or the standard plastic one.

I want fogs and all the switch work prewired through BCM. So, it was always going to be the plastic bumper over the HD for me with a plan to upgrade the bumper to something better later but if the capable is avail for OBX, I may go that route and call it a day

Screen Shot 2021-08-20 at 10.27.27 AM.png
It was announced months ago that capable was being pushed to '22.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I like that capable is making an appearance.

I just wish they'd give the option to add the steel rear bumper across the board too from the factory. Absolutely hate the way the plastic one looks in general (and obviously on WT), and haven't liked any aftermarket ones thus far either.

Sponsored

MrGreen55

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota scion xb
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not that this affects me, but it's pretty meh news IMO. Neither the capable or modular is anything special. I'm sure there will be no corresponding price reduction, so that part kind of sucks.

OP
OP
Machine Gun Fury

Machine Gun Fury

Wildtrak
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outerbanks
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford Bronco 2022 Bronco gets "Capable Bumper" option. Comes standard on Black Diamond and Badlands bronco-bumpers-

Ford Bronco 2022 Bronco gets "Capable Bumper" option. Comes standard on Black Diamond and Badlands bronco-bumpers-

That was back in Oct(2020)

Like i Said before someone needs to get this info from Metro Detroit area on Saturday .
I was just about to post this. Looks like a $170 price difference between the two. Price protection SHOULD cover you on this one.

OP
OP
Machine Gun Fury

Machine Gun Fury

Wildtrak
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outerbanks
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Like i Said before someone needs to get this info from Metro Detroit area on Saturday .
I was just about to post this. Looks like a $170 price difference between the two. Price protection SHOULD cover you on this one.

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Not that this affects me, but it's pretty meh news IMO. Neither the capable or modular is anything special. I'm sure there will be no corresponding price reduction, so that part kind of sucks.
Would have been nice to get a few bucks off, or a very cheap upgrade from capable to HD on BD/BL just for the purposes of selling it off to base/BB folks to defray the costs of a proper front bumper.

Having been able to briefly stand on the "Heavy duty" front bumper of the Filson rig, it wasn't going to be viable as an actual off-road bumper, especially once you removed the lower outside pieces, as it flexed pretty good on its own. We aren't missing much here.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah, I remember the literature that said that. I'm just not seeing how they come off in the pictures we've seen. Modular has several obvious segment/cut lines where you can tell how it comes apart. I don't see that on Capable. I wonder if they just mean that little plastic surround on the very outer/rear edge?

Duh? Steel versus plastic. Come on bro!
They're both steel.

Mad Martigan

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and 1 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve been searching but can’t find a pic and I guess I never saved one but does someone have a good front shot of the modular bumper with the ends removed? I like both the capable and modular bumper looks personally but it appears there is a trade off. Fog lights and appearance or removeable ends and appearance. Thanks in advance

MrGreen55

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota scion xb
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve been searching but can’t find a pic and I guess I never saved one but does someone have a good front shot of the modular bumper with the ends removed? I like both the capable and modular bumper looks personally but it appears there is a trade off. Fog lights and appearance or removeable ends and appearance. Thanks in advance
b708ee93-4c09-4c57-a178-4a470818e01e-jpeg.jpg