Sponsored

Does your dual AC Bronco have temperature numbers on the knob?

• Total voters

omg_bbq

Black Diamond
First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 EG BD SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Back on page 2, @LadyBronco posted a screenshot with the two temperatures displayed at the top of the infotainment screen.
1642734271738-jpeg.jpg
Anyone have a photo of the 8 inch? I’m really curious since CarPlay takes up the whole screen how it’s displayed or if it’s just not displayed at all in CarPlay.
Sponsored

Bituman

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S-Works Roubaix, Vassago Mooseknuckle, Turner Czar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
BS move by Ford. The temperature shown on the knob is in plain sight, much more prominently displayed. When put on the screen, temperature has other info around it so not as immediately clear. Probably something that I will get used to, but wish they hadn’t made this switch. I don’t have my Bronco yet, but I’m starting to worry a bit that needed info is in the “fog” of all the non-essential info on the high tech displays.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This. I can’t believe there’s people actually upset about this. I mean I guess I shouldn’t be surprised, this forum is probably the most negative enthusiast forum I’ve ever been a part of.
I used to be surprised by this sorta stuff.

But after the cactus grey “it’s got less green!” fiasco, and watching people flip over the door handles and mirror cap changes on the Wildtrak… nothing would surprise me at this point.

The one that was really eye opening was the 20+ page post on the Bronco Sport forums with people complaining about not having an engine cover. Like… really?!?

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

16E4E5F0-E7D0-4A41-9C61-55DEC91F9AF5.png

2022 black diamond mid package
Eh.

The more people post about it… the more it seems like it’s probably a change they made across the board and people are screwing with the polling numbers to watch people go on a wild goose chase.

TheDoctor

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST, Pontiac G8 GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
1. I would like the fucking car i ordered thank you. Is that too much to ask from a multi billion dollar first world corporation that has been manufacturing vehicles since they were INVENTED?
2. "it will be more expensive" no , its not about expense. Ford just decided they were tired of people whining about bronco waits so they decided instead of shipping the car people thought they were getting , they would cut corners because of the chip shortage. I would wait until 2023 for the bronco I ORDERED if it means i get the features i want. However ford doesnt like to talk about product changes as we are now learning. Remember the mod top? anybody confirm in the past 6 months if that thing even exists anymore? Who knows.
3.Its not about the price of the car. Its about the price of the car and then pulling 3rd world russian manufacturer tactics to get them out the door at the expense of the customers. Ford SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER and they should not be taking ANY orders for 2022 AT ALL. It seems ford cares more about the lightning launch (muh electric future) because they capped orders at 250k. They know exactly how bad that could hurt their company if their first electric truck launch is as much of a shit show as the bronco. Hell . i would bet you money ford is hoarding the chips FOR the lightning.
Boy...you may want to cancel your order and go buy a car you can sit in before purchasing the actual car you just sat in. Maybe one less cup of coffee too! :)

Salicrupa

Outer Banks
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover Defender 90
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m jealous. Analog gauges on a Bronco would be great.
Maybe in the Bronco but I had a 2021 Defender 90 and the digital dash was super amazing! you could have the whole thing be the Nav Map or Off-Road cameras. It was one of the best things it had.

Sponsored

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone noticing that the MY22 Broncos are missing the temperature on the knob? Shoutout to @BroncoBoi for finding this.

1642717485251 (1).png

Versus MY2021 for reference

1642718215215.jpeg

Temperature display now appears at the top of the infotainment touchscreen display.

1642734271738-jpeg (1).jpg
Could be chip shortage related but in general it’s not a bad idea, for safety sake, to make it so the consumers eyes are looking more toward the road level instead of staring down to their waist level at numbers which ultimately aren’t as calibrated as you might think.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I am surprised with sync4 that Ford didnt move all the controls to infotainment screen. Its less crap.

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You are honest to god a ford corporate slop eating pig if you defend this. The feature literally changed. The digital temp dual climate gauges don’t exist anymore

that’s a problem for me who decided to pay a premium on not just the vehicle , but the technology package too.
You sure this is the hill you wanna die on, buddy?
There's gonna be more hills later, I promise.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
EWW, you got the peasant Bronco that doesn’t even have DUAL CLIMATE KNOB TEMPERATURE READOUTS?!

*swipes left*

Sponsored

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The one that was really eye opening was the 20+ page post on the Bronco Sport forums with people complaining about not having an engine cover. Like… really?!?
You must be new here… the lack of engine cover on the normal Bronco was covered in excess right on these here forums as well!

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have to say I'm so used to having it in my display in my Gladiator that this will not bother me in the least with the Bronco.

Ford Bronco 2022 Broncos No Longer Have Temperature Setting Displayed on Control Knobs 346E7210-EAE2-4B90-AA00-7E613FD70D74

MDbeachguy

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lots of things, but I'm under an NDA, sorry man.
okay let me ask you this. Are these changes going to be permanent so ford can increase profit margins on the vehicles , or is this a temporary change because of chips and the feature will return?

Im thinking of 99ing if this will be fixed by 2023. If ford is just going to cut all corners to sell these things like wranglers , im not paying the premium.

Am i hot or cold on the 99?
Sponsored