Sponsored

Does your dual AC Bronco have temperature numbers on the knob?

• Total voters

Kekov721

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This kills my OCD. I get it they are not going to stop production and delivery of vehicles over such a small nuance. That said
1. communication from Ford would have been great instead of sneaking it out and hoping no one would notice.
2. Fine send it without the chip so I can get my ride, but you bet your ass I'm going to have my dealer place an order for one to get it installed once available.
Sponsored

Mustbeheresomewhere

Badlands
First Name
Micah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Chevrolet Silverado, 2022 Bronco Badlands 4D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Instead of eliminating this chip, why not the A.S.S. that nobody wants anyway!

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Absolutely. The Bronco would have been the perfect candidate for à la carte ordering, and some packages that make actual sense.

~Sasquatch is a fine package option. Good job there.
~Pick your favorite wheels of those available
~Pick your seats, cloth, vinyl, leather, 2 color choices each
~Carpet or rubber floors
~Color match body trim package
~Cold weather package (seats, mirrors, wheel)
~Technology package (all that tech BS)
~Rack, rails, steps, towing should all be available separately
~Choose your bumpers, mix and match front and rear.
~Locking diffs optional on any vehicle (w/o Sasquatch)
~Any trans w/ any engine
~Sound system upgrade

What did I miss?
Ford: "It doesn't make any sense at all to sell you exactly what you want... when we are already successfully charging you for a bunch of shit you neither want nor need... just to get the shit you actually do want."
💸💸💸💸💸

Last edited:

Deleted member 32220

Does anyone have a picture of the 8” while using CarPlay? I don’t believe the 8” has a status bar. It used to utilize full screen CarPlay, now what? 7” inch CarPlay.

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You want them to notify you, or a press release maybe, that they removed an indicator light on a knob between model years 21 to year 22?
I'm not expecting them to notify me personally but they do list changes from MY to MY and they were mum about this change. It's not just the temp display on the knob it's also deleting the chrome rings which give it a lux feeling.

Sponsored

skhubbard93

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands, '01 Z8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a '21 lux with the temperature indicators so this problem does not impact me. However, I can share the following:
  • From a driver's perspective:
    • Reading those numbers while driving can be dangerous. I got to test the emergency brake assist once because of them. It worked.
    • Mine does not have any temp indicators in the display status bar. I get a pop-up when I change the temperature and that's it. I wish I did have the in-display indicators because that would indeed be closer to field-of-vision as others have noted.
    • Having the temperature on the knobs is visually attractive, but I almost never actually look at them.
    • It is not necessary to look at the knobs to find them. Once you learn the layout, you can find them very easily by touch alone.
  • From a passenger's perspective:
    • Having the temperature on the dials is extremely intuitive. My 13yo son figured out how to raise the temperature on his side without even thinking about it. Saw the temp; turned the knob; got warmer.
    • It is visually attractive.
Would I give them up? No... but I do wish I also had the temps in the 12" display so that I would not need to look so far down to see the temp setting without changing it. What I really would want is for there to be a touch (static?) sensor on each knob so that merely touching it (rather than turning it) would bring up the temp corresponding to that knob on the display in a large font. That would be intuitive, and easy-to-use for both driver and any uninitiated passenger.

I get that the lack of communication on the change was not well-executed, and certainly (clearly) not well-received. We now have a 20+ page thread dedicated to pointing that out to Ford; hopefully they will listen and learn. But for those worried about the functional loss, I would argue that you also get a benefit with the display readouts and it has value (safety) that the knobs cannot provide.

Ultimately, every outstanding order has a lot to look forward to.

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My gosh, when I posted last night there were 6 pages, now up to 24, wow. This reminds me of the great missing engine cover thread in the Bronco Sport forum, that puppy is up to 44 pages. People either didn't give damn or were really upset, no middle ground.

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm okay with it . . . none of my current or past vehicles ever had it anyway so I am sure I can live without it.

Seatmandan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '11 Ford Edge, '10 Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The posts asking for "ala carte" and 4 different interiors obviously do not understand the costs associated with that when it comes to Just In Time Vehicle assembly (JIT) and In Line Vehicle Sequencing (ILVS) These systems are used by every major auto manufacturer, and the more complexity you add, the costs associated with the vehicles skyrockets. The costs are multi-layered, all through the lifecycle of the program. Simplicity = profits.

Snydermann

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samurai, VW Thing, MINI, smart, Astro Van
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The posts asking for "ala carte" and 4 different interiors obviously do not understand the costs associated with that when it comes to Just In Time Vehicle assembly (JIT) and In Line Vehicle Sequencing (ILVS).
Oh please. If you stock 6 different interiors and 6 different wheels anyway, you'll never convince me that it costs more to put them on one car vs. another .

Even if it does, just build it into the option price to cover the cost.

Packages, limits, and trim tiers are nothing but a money grab.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Toccoa

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It’s official. The change is in 2022 Owners manual.

Ford Bronco 2022 Broncos No Longer Have Temperature Setting Displayed on Control Knobs 22793466-3A22-4CFD-A34D-E048C89ACB1C

Deleted member 32220

It’s official. The change is in 2022 Owners manual.

Ford Bronco 2022 Broncos No Longer Have Temperature Setting Displayed on Control Knobs 22793466-3A22-4CFD-A34D-E048C89ACB1C
Ok, so how does it display temps on the 8” while using CarPlay? Have seen the 12” numerous times already. Smaller CarPlay w/ a status bar. That would be I big kick in the n$&’s

OP
OP
Toccoa

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ok, so how does it display temps on the 8” while using CarPlay? Have seen the 12” numerous times already. Smaller CarPlay w/ a status bar. That would be I big kick in the n$&’s
Good question.

Deleted member 32220

I'm not expecting them to notify me personally but they do list changes from MY to MY and they were mum about this change. It's not just the temp display on the knob it's also deleting the chrome rings which give it a lux feeling.
The chrome/ satin “outer” rings never went into production for Bronco. The rings have not changed from 21-22 the satin trim that was on 21’s is still on 22’s just the removal of the lcd screens. F150’s have the satin outer rings.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

My gosh, when I posted last night there were 6 pages, now up to 24, wow. This reminds me of the great missing engine cover thread in the Bronco Sport forum, that puppy is up to 44 pages. People either didn't give damn or were really upset, no middle ground.
The 22 Bronco Sports lost the temperature in the knobs too! Guess that will get up to 44 pages too!
Sponsored