Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It's not guessing - it's a qualitative analysis based on what is known to be true in the current market, using similar examples - i.e. the Jeep Wrangler.

The argument isn't about the magnitude of changes and whether there will be a large delta between 2021 and 2022 model years. What we know for certain is in 2022 the tops will be painted. This discussion is about that.

Concessions will always be made when buying a vehicle. But given the projected delivery of a high-spec Bronco vs delivery of 2022, it would be more sensible to wait and get most of what you want - especially given the total value of the vehicle and the prohibitive costs/challenges fulfilling these needs down the road.

Personally, I want my vehicle to be fully painted. This is fundamental to me. Especially when it's going to cost me (in CAD) near 80k after taxes. Future power plants, blablab, the wait could be endless. I'm not going to make a silly concession just to feed my primal need for instant gratification; moreover, I'm tired of companies putting out half baked products and convincing consumers to be beta testers/make concessions after they can't deliver.

Ford wants my hard earned money, they will get it once they deliver what they originally sold me.

:)
But you don't know that for certain, just like we didn't know for certain they would be ready for 2021. You don't know what colors they will offer or on what trims. What options they have or don't have. You are filling in the blanks based on your desires. It isn't analysis when you are guessing, qualitative or quantitative.

Personally, I like the MIC and think it makes sense when removing and installing the top. That said, until the build and price sheet comes out for the 2022 models, you are relying solely on conjecture.
Sponsored

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Some solace in the fact that even if your concern is being "the first".... pretty much everyone is going to be in the 22 Club.

What's Ford's plan if 80% of reservations say "eh I'll wait for the mod"?
Lol, they will sell the shit out of these Broncos, no problem at all. They got over a hundred thousand orders, sight unseen. You pushing your rsvp back does nothing to them, they will sell the same amount of cars regardless.

Bronco Finder

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F150 , Broncos 76, 75, 72, 72, 68, 67, 66
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well guys I just joined the 22 club today, after most of you guys were making sense ( I know hard to believe) I called my dealer today to keep my WT build as is with both Mod and soft tops.

Being the the WT has pretty much all the deadly's anyways, I would be pissed if my WT was built in late December only to find out that the mod top would be out after January or February , therefore I will be one of the ones watching you guys that opted out of the mod top having fun in there 2021, Just know that I will be cussing all you under my breath. Lol

broncoSJ

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m waiting for mod top. Hoping for green color and black interior option on WT. I’ve waited this long what’s a few more months.

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Maybe it's just me but I like and rather the MIC top. Especially for an Off-roading vehicle. The less shinny things to get scuffed up and scratched the better. Taking the roof on and off even is going to cause scuffs and scratches over time. I'd rather it be durable and scratch resistant. JMO..

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bronco Finder

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Maybe it's just me but I like and rather the MIC top. Especially for an Off-roading vehicle. The less shinny things to get scuffed up and scratched the better. Taking the rood on and off even is going to cause scuffs and scratches over time. I'd rather it be durable and scratch resistant. JMO..
Ya I was thinking the same about the MIC top as well, but from what I here the MOD top is a little better quality and should be a little better with the road noise, even though we get the free headliner.
And better yet the windows are removable as well. ;)

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ya I was thinking the same about the MIC top as well, but from what I here the MOD top is a little better quality and should be a little better with the road noise, even though we get the free headliner.
Well since the MIC is getting the free sound reduction now I doubt that's the case anymore. Only thing really different is the painted outside which I wouldn't want. To each their own though. We all have different tastes.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When we had the webasto guy on here he said the MIC scratched easier than the mod. So take that with a grain of salt.

I plan on taking the top off frequently but I don’t think it will an issue not damaging it. If I do I’ll just put ppf on it

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Some solace in the fact that even if your concern is being "the first".... pretty much everyone is going to be in the 22 Club.

What's Ford's plan if 80% of reservations say "eh I'll wait for the mod"?
They produce what they have orders for with MIC, and produce the MOD orders when ready lol.

----

I just posted this in the original mod '22 thread:

At the end of the day, I'd rather have them delay things and get things right than have them rush to meet a deadline for the sake of meeting a deadline, and then have all sorts of quality issues like they did with Explorer.

For this thread specifically, I'm with the OP - for what I'll ultimately be paying, and after years of waiting, I can wait a few more months to get what I want. I want the matching painted top to go with the rest of the painted black Wildtrak accents. Even though there are some incentives to switch to MIC (I wish they'd extend the 1000 credit to mod choosers for putting up with a further delay), I know I ultimately won't be happy long term if I settle just to get it a few months earlier. As has also been mentioned, there are additional benefits for getting the '22 including new color options and better resale value down the road both because of the painted top, and simply it being a model year newer.

CGBronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Panamera Turbo, 1993 Foxbody Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Forget the MIC top it look like S#%t. I will wait for the black painted top. I have a Wildtrack on order and no strong-arm will make me change my order. Get it together Ford.... We are paying to much for this Bronco to accept less.

Sponsored

CGBronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Panamera Turbo, 1993 Foxbody Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Forget the MIC top it look like S#%t. I will wait for the black painted top. I have a Wildtrack on order and no strong-arm will make me change my order. Get it together Ford.... We are paying to much for this Bronco to accept less.
The FE guys and WT folks are wondering if our big end trims are worth a s%:t

Last edited:

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
At close to 3 times the price, I would expect the mod top to be much better. I'm betting that MIC will look like crap in 3-4 years if it spends most of it's time outdoors.

DLJohnson

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Harley Street Glide
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I won't be getting one anytime soon but I prefer the MIC. Also planning OW or CG which I think look great with MIC.

For those wanting MOD, do you want black, white, or body colored?

Bronco Finder

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I won't be getting one anytime soon but I prefer the MIC. Also planning OW or CG which I think look great with MIC.

Black top with my A51, looks sharp

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Black for me
Sponsored