Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yea I have to wait for the MOD on my Badlands Cyber Orange.

I have no I dea of what the MIC will look like in just a few years. Not that I have had one but anyone that has seen the chevy avalanche bed covers know what I'm talking about. They changed colors over the years and look bad.

c623f356d6412c444f0e7d7a8d14269b.jpg

watermark.jpg
watermark.jpg
watermark.jpg
watermark.jpg
mqdefault.jpg
This is exactly what I am afraid of. I plan to keep mine for a VERY long time and would hate to put all that money into, only to have to replace the fenders and roof later on. There are A-LOT of plastic parts on this thing. If you go with a badlands, you have the grille, fender flares, side view mirror/arms that hold them, door handles, and I believe the rear bumper. Could be wrong on that last one.

Now yes, I could go aftermarket with a lot of those, but then Iā€™m putting even more money into an already 50-60k truckā€¦

This is one of the main reasons why I am going with an OBX. Even the mirror caps are body colored. The only thing that will be hard to fix later are the arms for the side view mirrors šŸ˜¬. I will also wait, now until 2023, for the body colored top, and upgrade the front bumper to the steel. Itā€™s always cheaper to do it from the factory, than to do it later. I just wish, since I am going Sasquatch, that I could opt to keep the body colored fender flaresā€¦
Sponsored

Diydner

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Also I will add, I am in a lease until 10/2022 and was planning to delay delivery until then, so waiting another couple months is not a big deal. I do feel for anyone who already delayed delivery earlier in the year, to now be told that it was practically pointlessā€¦

DieselSmack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So are we going to get our Black painted MOD Tops in 2022????
My guess is they will probably be ready in 3rd or 4th quarter deliveries, but those might be MY2023 at that point.

Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm one of those on here who have fielded questions, arguments, and the possibilities of painting the MIC.
Based on the pre-production grain I saw up close, I would heavily advise against it.
I would like to see a good close-up picture of the production MIC or better yet, see one in person.
If that grain has calmed down some and is close to the grain/texture on Jeep HT, then it can be painted or bed-lined and will be fine. As long as it is a similar chemical makeup also of the Jeep HT.
In theory (and with some radical/relatively expensive chemicals) you can paint about anything.

I am wanting to try it.
Just not on mine, not yet.
One reason is I don't have it.
Another reason is I like the MIC with certain colors. Current order is for Velocity.
If I end up getting green next year, then I'll have to decide whether I want black, white, or tan. Then decide if I am going to do a tinted Raptor or paint.

I've painted and lined several, no failures or issues yet.

Rubicon 2 Badlands

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU Rubicon / 2021 Bronco: Badlands/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP

Jeep4bronco86

Badlands
First Name
Jimbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I spoke to a shop today and he said the main issue is these MIC tops have a mold release agent in the plastic that slowly leaches out. From the factory, I believe they deal with this by either using a different plastic or heat treating the plastic to pull out the agent - then they can be painted.
Sponsored