2022 Ford Bronco changes?

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If you _never_ plan on having back seat passengers, why would a quick release be more desirable
There was no mention of "quick" release. I can see the desire for a "clean" cargo area with no obnoxious mounts left sticking up out of the floor or from the sides to interfere with whatever you want to load it up with. I'm disappointed learning that this is an issue, the Fords I've owned in the past have either had rear seats that bolted down and could be easily removed leaving a flush floor after plugging the bolt holes, or quick-release with recessed mounts below floor height - put a piece of plywood over it and you have smooth cargo/bedroom space.
Sponsored

Mango&Moose

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion xB / Toyota Sienna. RIP my 96 Ranger Splash
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I heard from a reliable source that Ford is for sure changing two things:

Roof Rack and Roof Mounts
These need to be changed because of weight distribution. I don’t know the exact science behind it. But this is also the reason why you can’t add the roof-rack with Sasquatch package on certain trims.

Material on Back of Rear-Seats
Ford got a lot of complaints early on about this. People don’t like that the back of the Leather/MGV seats are fuzzy cloth. It completely defeats the purpose of having a “washout interior.”

The question isn’t IF these changes will occur, rather WHEN. I know Ford would like to make them sooner, rather than later. But it all depends on their logistics. So these may not happen for model year 2022, but they will definitely happen at some point.
The seat change is the only reason I'd be happy with a MY22.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don't think we'll see many changes for '22, as it is effectively the 1st year of production minus the few '21s that are built.

This seems like a pretty reasonable list, I added my thoughts.

My bets:
  • Green (guessing 2HREWHA/FA/M7476/M7476A Eruption Green Metallic) - confirmed
  • Mansquatch - confirmed? I know they said they'd work on it, don't know if it was fully confirmed.
  • Roof rack changes - confirmed
  • Mid 7MT availability for lower series - maybe - if they need more volume for it, could see it
  • Possibly the seat backs or four door rear cupholders - first I heard of the seat backs was this thread, but I know it was an early complaint....could be a relatively "easy" fix......same with 4 door cupholders - since it already exists for leather models, it'd just be a matter of cutting the fabric material the same way to add them.
  • Some new Edition—Heritage was slated but how with no Mod tops, and the Ford messaging still uses heritage in their response—so Half-assed-heritage Edition. 🤷‍♂️ - I've heard it's delayed.......so I think at this point they're just holding off on this until it can have the white top
  • Lighter MGV choice - I know it's a material choice but they may be trying to limit changes for '22 just to keep getting them out the door.
  • Two door soft top - I don't know if it's true, but some have said they might not be able to offer a factory 2 door soft top.
  • Possibly some small groups (cold weather, convenience w/dash charger, garage door opener and wireless charger, etc., Maybe B&O) - I think we'll see changes like this for '23 or refresh - as said earlier, I think '22 will largely just be rolling with what exists. I agree, limiting something like the garage door opener to a top package only available in upper trims is strange. It should be a mid-package inclusion at least.
  • Maybe warthog Raptor mid year. - I could see them showing it then yeah, but not available until '23.

Things I don’t think we’ll see yet:
  • Max Tow
  • Rear AC vents
  • Real Heritage with a white top
  • 2.7 manual
  • Significant reshuffle of packages
Agreed on all counts here - and I think the rear a/c vents will wait until a refresh as well.
Beyond this, I could see a black interior option added to Wildtrak, as it already exists on other trims, it'd just be a matter of "unlocking" it for Wildtrak - aka not reinventing the wheel.

Seventyfouronthefloor

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, LUBR, Chrome Yellow, 2016 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
There was no mention of "quick" release. I can see the desire for a "clean" cargo area with no obnoxious mounts left sticking up out of the floor or from the sides to interfere with whatever you want to load it up with. I'm disappointed learning that this is an issue, the Fords I've owned in the past have either had rear seats that bolted down and could be easily removed leaving a flush floor after plugging the bolt holes, or quick-release with recessed mounts below floor height - put a piece of plywood over it and you have smooth cargo/bedroom space.
My thoughts exactly. I was hoping to put a bed slide in the back of mine and want as much ceiling height as possible between the bed and roll bars.

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I don't think we'll see many changes for '22, as it is effectively the 1st year of production minus the few '21s that are built.

This seems like a pretty reasonable list, I added my thoughts.

Beyond this, I could see a black interior option added to Wildtrak, as it already exists on other trims, it'd just be a matter of "unlocking" it for Wildtrak - aka not reinventing the wheel.
I figure interior colors and seat backs are like body color changes - and agree, now that mod top is out , we’re likely to see very few significant changes for 2022.

They are going to be short a limited edition though. You’d think they need something to show at the NYIAS two weeks before the order banks open for 2022 in order to reignite excitement and drive new traffic. (I am imagining them sitting around a table after deciding to delay the mod top, staring at each other, and saying “now what”?)

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah to think there may be only a color change is a bit of a stretch. We know there were lots of things in the works, even a possible fix for the trail cam.

What we don't know is if all of that has been pushed back as well or if it's still on for 2022.

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I’ve currently placed a reservation for a 2 door base Bronco. The only option I’m going with is the auto. Do you think there would any new standard features for 2022?
I did also, I get my FE next week or so but want a 2 door..ordered the base...but, i might take a heritage we will see.

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm going to be a little unpopular here, but I personally hope there's not a single employee at Ford working on anything related to a 22 model Bronco!!! All hands on deck baby! Let's get those 21's out THEN let's worry about 22!!!

Sponsored

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't know if y'all have noticed or not but Ford hasn't quite mastered the art of multitasking just yet!!!

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Any insight if mansquatch will have any engine or drivetrain tweaks, or which trim(s)it will be available on?
I think we're all guessing at this point, but it'd be prudent to assume that it'll only be available with options currently available on the 7M and on the Sas. So no 2.7L, no 4-door Base, no OBX, and no WT (already gone with the 2.7L anyways). Subtleties include the advanced 4x4 on BB, which is only available on the Bigsquatch, so not curently available with the 7M.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford can't get parts to build 2021 why would they add more if anything might be less so they can get some built if they add anything might be a soft top sense they get hard tops made .
As far as we know it's only certain parts that are really holding things up.

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

As far as we know it's only certain parts that are really holding things up.
yes like hard top and parts for Sasquatch parts and sense Ford said if you witch from 2.7 to 2.3 that must mean parts for the 2.7 .

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am hoping the rumored factory/dealer lift option becomes a reality. My perfect Bronco would be one notch taller than the squatch on both the suspension and tires.

If the lift isn't an option I will have just have a Mansquatch Badlands for now, which isn't bad, but lifting that particular setup any time soon wouldn't be cost effective... since I would likely have to remove all the Sqatch/BL components I paid extra for.
Sponsored