Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS Badlands, 2023 CHALLENGER Shaker Widebody
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
@Zach@Granger
If I don’t have a reservation at all, is there an advantage to getting an “order” in on a 2021 and then redoing the order for 2022 in a couple days when the new banks open? Will that keep me in front of any similar non-res 2022 orders that go in after the 2022 banks open?
Thank you!
No, 2021 Order banks are closed.
Sponsored

imstimpy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Snappy22 said:
@Zach@Granger
If I don’t have a reservation at all, is there an advantage to getting an “order” in on a 2021 and then redoing the order for 2022 in a couple days when the new banks open? Will that keep me in front of any similar non-res 2022 orders that go in after the 2022 banks open?
Thank you!

No, 2021 Order banks are closed.
I did just what was asked above: order a 2021 without a reservation when the "order banks were closed". I'm curious how my non-res order compares to the reservation process once it opens again in the coming months.

Ford Bronco 2022 Model Year Bronco Order Primer 1631571865858

thesyncguru

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4 runner TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Will I need to place a new order? - Yes, the Ford system does not allow us to just convert from a 2021 model year to a 2022 model year without any other changes. We have to initiate a new order as a 2022 and replicate your past options if no other changes are requested. I'd recommend you verify all the new options are correct and ask for an order summary for a 2022 build if you had a 2021

@Zach@Granger so if our order is not changing, will we have to place a new order? Nothing is changing on ours and our sales guy said if theres no change then it'll automatically convert into a 22 order.
This might be the only bullet point I disagree with. I've seen Ford go both ways on this even this year. If there is a compatibility error then yes whatever that seems to be would need to be addressed. For example when we had dual tops at the beginning this year and later that option was removed it put those orders into a compatibility hold until it was changed to a buildable unit. However I had explorers and super duties automatically get pushed to 2022s so the jury is out on that one. I still plan on contacting every single person with an unscheduled order to notify them of any new options or necessary changes to be made.

Also anyone know what happened this week at MAP? My personal Bronco was 102nd in line for 9/9 production and nothing has updated.. I heard a nasty rumor that they stopped production on the 8th mid way through the cycle waiting on modules, so anyone with more info would be appreciated. I have a Moab vacation coming up in October and it was set to be perfect timing so fingers crossed, but now I'm scared if it doesn't leave by this week I'll be devastated.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

@Zach@Granger, As always, thanks for the update. Looking forward to re-entering my order to see what stays and what goes. May have to come back out and take the demos out again for a ride!

Mustard

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler 300C, Dodge Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Zach@Granger : Do you know if Ford is going to try to provide a build estimate month/quarter for MY22 orders like they originally planned from MY21 orders? One would/could hope that after 6 months of production they might be able to provide at least an initial quarter for your build (and narrow it down as that quarter approaches). I'm assuming the answer is no, but had to ask.

Sponsored

Bifftws

Base
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Z06 corvette, 2021 Ranger, BMW 328i manual
Your Bronco Model
Base
Again thanks Granger for keeping everyone informed. Too bad Ford can’t communicate with us directly. My guess is Ford will send me a $5 sticker some time in the spring as part of the compensation that is supposed to be up to a grand. Not holding my breath.

thatspecialbeat

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subies
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@Zach@Granger : Do you know if Ford is going to try to provide a build estimate month/quarter for MY22 orders like they originally planned from MY21 orders? One would/could hope that after 6 months of production they might be able to provide at least an initial quarter for your build (and narrow it down as that quarter approaches). I'm assuming the answer is no, but had to ask.
My dealer says they can't gets chips for the computer that does the quarter build estimates.

But seriously, they did not do the estimates before because they did not want to spill the beans about the tops.

I have to assume there are still serious production problems we do not know about until we get quarter build estimates. Or else they should be able to narrow it down to a few month window.

Easy-v

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This might be the only bullet point I disagree with. I've seen Ford go both ways on this even this year. If there is a compatibility error then yes whatever that seems to be would need to be addressed. For example when we had dual tops at the beginning this year and later that option was removed it put those orders into a compatibility hold until it was changed to a buildable unit. However I had explorers and super duties automatically get pushed to 2022s so the jury is out on that one.
I agree, how could there possibly be continuity on order time stamp if it’s a net new record in the same system. Granted, a reservation would have a different record than an order, but a retail order would have a single record with a time stamp that wouldn’t have any connection to a new 22 order, would it?

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Thanks Zach, question though, if I was a 99 for a white mod top during '21 what do I need to do with you as a 99 thru '22? Do I still get price protection thru '23? Thanks again in advance!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Will I need to place a new order? - Yes, the Ford system does not allow us to just convert from a 2021 model year to a 2022 model year without any other changes. We have to initiate a new order as a 2022 and replicate your past options if no other changes are requested. I'd recommend you verify all the new options are correct and ask for an order summary for a 2022 build if you had a 2021

@Zach@Granger so if our order is not changing, will we have to place a new order? Nothing is changing on ours and our sales guy said if theres no change then it'll automatically convert into a 22 order.
You'll just need to confirm with your dealer they resubmitted the order as a 2022.
Even @Zach@Granger anticipates a Heritage Edition. I’m not going crazy here but for the love of things, please show us the special editions for MY2022.

Question: Any idea how limited run special editions are going to be reserved? I doubt it’s a simple call to @Zach@Granger when they are announced and I want to be sure I’m prepared.

Thanks for the update!

I have 0 solid information on that. So please don't use me as a reference.
Zack- will Granger be reaching out to current reservation order holders or should we call?
The best way to start the process would be to email [email protected] with your build and price. That would help us a lot!
Zach, something I have not understood from the outset. Let’s say a dealership has way more orders than their allocation. Example is dealer has 1200 orders and only gets 800 2022 allocations. And let’s say the person that is 900th in line at this dealership has a 7/30/20 reservation. Does that mean number 900 will not get their Bronco in 2022 no matter what and more specifically, does that mean someone else at another dealership with a later reservation (I.e. 8/30/20) will have their Bronco built first if they happen to be within their dealers allocations? In other words is it a disadvantage to have your order at a dealership that has way more orders then they do allocations? If any other members know the answers to these questions please respond as I am not sure Zach will be back in here and I don’t know how to @ him.
Well, we don't know annual allocation this time around so it's really a month to month thing.

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

“For those of you who were born before millenials, you are more than familiar with how to navigate these screens. I am not. :)

ZACH ..tell me you know how to drive a manual :ROFLMAO:

GreenMtnBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BadSquatch; 13 Wrangler JK; 04 Lifted Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Should I forget about soft tops? - No!!! I still maintain that if you want your order ASAP order with a soft top. While I anticipate hard top production to pick up dramatically, the soft top will still be in less demand and if you equip your order with a soft top it will schedule more quickly. Unless you are a super early reservation holder that hasn't received their Bronco yet for 2021, I would not forget about the soft top to expedite orders.
@Zach@Granger
what do you consider to be a "super early reservation" that should hold out for a hard top? not sure of my number, but I am pretty sure it was 7/15 (3rd day of reservations) it may have been 7/14. I've changed my order to a softie, and have a build date, but not confident that happens..

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What about mansquatch for day1 res? Does price protection still apply as it wasn’t offered in 21?
Yes.
If you have a VIN, but no build week yet, are you guaranteed to get a build in 2021? I guess "guaranteed" is not the right word... But very likely I suppose is a better choice.
If you have a Vin it's a 2021.
Great info! Thank you as communication isn't so great with my dealer.

If I happen to have a 2nd reservation (8/20) that has not been converted to an order:
1. I assume that I will get preference over someone that puts in a new order with a dealer?
2. If ordering a current model - is price protection in place for that not converted reservation?
Yes and yes.
Do I get this correct? If I have a 2nd August 2020 reservation and a Jan 27 2021 order with appropriate paper work, I HAVE TO REORDER MY BRONCO?
Yes, at a minimum communicate with your dealer that you want to keep all options the same.
I spoke with my Dealer last week they informed me 9/15 should open up for 22 ordering. Is this the tentative 22 release, reservation start date?
I've heard different dates. I'm not 100% sure.
Zach@Granger:
Many of us have a question regarding Price Protection in regards to the Bumper Change.
As an example" Black Diamond MY21 the Modular Bumper was standard. For MY22 it is an option, no longer standard. So we would have to order the Mod Bumper at a presumed additional cost. Will FORD waive that additional cost for us reservation holders under "price protection" for a "Similarly equipped vehicle"? If not, in many of our opinions...that is not price protection. We can't get answers to this. Opinions or knowledge is appreciated. Thanks for all the information!!!
My guess is that it will be an additional charge because it's a new option. That's just my guess though.
If anyone is on the fence switching dealerships, switching to Granger is highly recommended… I’m a granger customer and can attest to Zach and His staff, they are all class acts, honesty and integrity…

I guess I don’t need to tell any of you this, his posts suggest that already…

good on ya @Zach@Granger
Thanks for the kind words.
Does the need to reorder ONLY apply to your dealership? If I have a sales order with deposit that should be a binding contract!
No, your order was for a 2021. It wasn't produced. So you'll need to reorder or at least reconfirm options. Your dealer can probably do that with just a quick email or phone call.
All the Wildtrak reservations have same issue as the hard top os no longer standard for '22.
Is guess a reduction in base price. We'll see once order banks open.
@Zach@Granger
Thank you!
I'd just wait until 2022 opens up.
Sponsored