First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
https://pressroom.toyota.com/new-2022-tacoma-trail-edition-4x4-is-ready-for-adventure/
  • 4×4-Only Trail Edition Features 1.1-inch Front and 0.5-inch Rear Suspension Lift
  • Added Versatility with Bed Storage, Driver’s Side Storage Doubles as a Cooler
  • New Bronze-Finished 16-inch Wheels Fitted with Goodyear Tires
  • Heritage-Inspired Grille Added, Touts Unique Bronze-Finished Lettering
  • Lunar Rock added to Color Options for 2022

Ford Bronco 2022 Tacoma Trail 1622644671448
Sponsored

OP
OP
cardinalsfan

cardinalsfan

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
no updates to drivetrain, that seems like not a great selling point in this market.
Honestly, that's what I was hoping for the most. I drove a 2020 yesterday and it was a dog compared to my 2009 with the 4.0. Supposedly a tune takes care of the issue quite nicely. I'm sure that the upcoming new Tacoma model is where the new drivetrain will come in but I can't wait that long - supposedly 2024.

Still no word on pricing or availability on this but it's now my #1 option.

internationlriders

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unless it has no sunroof, for us tall folks it's not comfortable with your head constantly touching the roof. And yes I don't like the feeling of sitting on the floor either unless it's a sports car. My boss has a 2020 Pro and it's a beauty but just not enough head room for me at 6'6". Also no front locker and my wife strongly dislikes pickup trucks. But it's a good looking truck nonetheless!

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Have you sat in Bronco? It reminded me of my 4runner. Feet in front of you like a sports car.

Sponsored

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Honestly, that's what I was hoping for the most. I drove a 2020 yesterday and it was a dog compared to my 2009 with the 4.0. Supposedly a tune takes care of the issue quite nicely. I'm sure that the upcoming new Tacoma model is where the new drivetrain will come in but I can't wait that long - supposedly 2024.

Still no word on pricing or availability on this but it's now my #1 option.
I was holding out on a new 4runner back in 2017. At that point I figured the truck was 8 years old and was due for a major update. Then the announcement came out about the Bronco and I shifted course. Here we are in 2021/22 and still no word on a new 4runner/Taco. They just keep milking it with new special editions and colors.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you sat in Bronco? It reminded me of my 4runner. Feet in front of you like a sports car.
Did you put the seat through it's range? I found the highest position very truck like.

OP
OP
cardinalsfan

cardinalsfan

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There's a whole new one coming in 2024 or so, did you expect a new body style?

OP
OP
cardinalsfan

cardinalsfan

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was holding out on a new 4runner back in 2017. At that point I figured the truck was 8 years old and was due for a major update. Then the announcement came out about the Bronco and I shifted course. Here we are in 2021/22 and still no word on a new 4runner/Taco. They just keep milking it with new special editions and colors.
Not true at all - the 4Runner/Taco/Tundra are all moving to a new platform starting in 2022sh.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/39179...e Tundra will be the,will follow suit in 2023.

Sponsored

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Did you put the seat through it's range? I found the highest position very truck like.
No because I was very pleased with the position. I like that sport car feeling in any car. My view out the windows were good, head clearance was about right. I couldn't imagine raising it up. It felt right, not like the seat was too low.

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs