First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
hello has anyone had this happen to them my 2022 wildtrak randomly goes into manual shift mode and then goes back out again had it happen at highway speed and driving in town
Sponsored

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
hello has anyone had this happen to them my 2022 wildtrak randomly goes into manual shift mode and then goes back out again had it happen at highway speed and driving in town
That's not normal.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Bronco concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.

OP
OP
Zootsgeorge

Zootsgeorge

Wildtrak
First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Sponsored

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had that happen a few time and it just happened about five minutes ago. The indicator shows it is in D but the trans is not shifting and you can hear the engine revving! I backed off the accelerator and it started shifting normally. Another weird thing happened tonight as well. Pulling away from a stop sign it bogged down and I thought it was going to steal but then it began operating normally.

OP
OP
Zootsgeorge

Zootsgeorge

Wildtrak
First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I had that happen a few time and it just happened about five minutes ago. The indicator shows it is in D but the trans is not shifting and you can hear the engine revving! I backed off the accelerator and it started shifting normally. Another weird thing happened tonight as well. Pulling away from a stop sign it bogged down and I thought it was going to steal but then it began operating normally.
Same thing happened to me just had it happen in traffic she bucked made a clunk felt like it wasn’t moving then started reving had to manually change gears with the button even this it’s in D on the dash and shifter luck I didn’t get rear ended

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

When it did this on mine, I realized that I was drumming the button on the side of the shifter to the awesome sounds coming from my B&O. Sometimes it gets inadvertently pressed while I'm resting my hand on the shifter as well. It does switch back quickly.

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When it did this on mine, I realized that I was drumming the button on the side of the shifter to the awesome sounds coming from my B&O. Sometimes it gets inadvertently pressed while I'm resting my hand on the shifter as well. It does switch back quickly.
Did the indicator on the dash show that it was in Manual? The few times mine did this the indicator still showed it was in Drive.

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Did the indicator on the dash show that it was in Manual? The few times mine did this the indicator still showed it was in Drive.
Yeah - it shows a 'random number' (the gear) on the dash.

With 10 gears, the unusual number threw me off as I'm used to a 5-speed manual.

Sponsored

Billnchristy

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bmw m440i gc,2022 BD 2dr, 1966 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My wife has complained about accidentally hitting the button too. It will go into a temporary M mode if you hit the +/- and then return after a few seconds. I don't know why they bothered, it shifts so slow it's not even worth it.

OP
OP
Zootsgeorge

Zootsgeorge

Wildtrak
First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
so my bronco is at the dealer Now this is a known problem and they are doing a reprogram and Calibration there is a bulletin out about it

Last edited:

CarbonSteel

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Carbonized Gray
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
so my bronco is at the dealer Now this is a known problem and they are doing a reprogram and Calibration there is a bulletin out about it
Do you have the bulletin?
Sponsored