Bkbk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta
Your Bronco Model
Base
This looks amazing, can't wait to see it finished. Would you be willing to share the file for the dash speaker adapters?
Sponsored

OP
OP
gringoloco

gringoloco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This looks amazing, can't wait to see it finished. Would you be willing to share the file for the dash speaker adapters?
Yep, no problem. I want to finalize them with the actual speakers first. I have the tweeters, but the GB25s are stuck on the slow boat…

Danny's Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shoes! Waiting for that 2 door to ship!
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was hoping there was a drop in amp rack DSP, I've been looking at an Audio Control amp with DSP built in. Curious how you think these changes will affect basic things like calls and nav prompts?

OP
OP
gringoloco

gringoloco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I was hoping there was a drop in amp rack DSP, I've been looking at an Audio Control amp with DSP built in. Curious how you think these changes will affect basic things like calls and nav prompts?
Audio Control is nice stuff, too. I wanted more channels than they offer and was able to get a good deal on the V8. Closest thing I know to “plug and play” DSP is the Mobridge setup, which installs with to the factory harnesses, bolts in place of the B&O amp, and comes with a baseline tune.

Calls should be unaffected, though I use CarPlay exclusively for this function. No nav in my Big Bend, can’t speak to that. There is the possibility that chimes/warnings are amplified; if that’s the case, I will probably use FORSCAN to send them to the cluster only (I might do this anyway, as I find the “doo-dee-doo” startup sound unnecessary).
Really good work!
Thanks!

Sponsored
OP
OP
gringoloco

gringoloco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Working on integrating the Helix Conductor, which is an all-in-one LED-lit knob that will control master volume, bass level, rear fill level, Bluetooth functions, tune switching, etc.

I think I am mostly settled on putting it in the lower blank of my 2-door window switch, but not completely sold on poking a hole. I’m also working on a “sleeve” to better integrate with the factory switchgear design (still some CAD work left to get it just right). These are test pieces that I plan to ultimately 3D print out of TPU (flexible plastic).

Ford Bronco 2023 Bronco 7-Speaker System Upgrade IMG_0255

Ford Bronco 2023 Bronco 7-Speaker System Upgrade IMG_0265

Ford Bronco 2023 Bronco 7-Speaker System Upgrade IMG_0289

Ford Bronco 2023 Bronco 7-Speaker System Upgrade IMG_0301

Ford Bronco 2023 Bronco 7-Speaker System Upgrade IMG_0298

eduard4us

Outer Banks
First Name
Eduard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Working on integrating the Helix Conductor, which is an all-in-one LED-lit knob that will control master volume, bass level, rear fill level, Bluetooth functions, tune switching, etc.

I think I am mostly settled on putting it in the lower blank of my 2-door window switch, but not completely sold on poking a hole. I’m also working on a “sleeve” to better integrate with the factory switchgear design (still some CAD work left to get it just right). These are test pieces that I plan to ultimately 3D print out of TPU (flexible plastic).

Ford Bronco 2023 Bronco 7-Speaker System Upgrade IMG_0312

It looks good, and placement seems very factory OEM 👍🏻

Danny's Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shoes! Waiting for that 2 door to ship!
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Audio Control is nice stuff, too. I wanted more channels than they offer and was able to get a good deal on the V8. Closest thing I know to “plug and play” DSP is the Mobridge setup, which installs with to the factory harnesses, bolts in place of the B&O amp, and comes with a baseline tune.

Calls should be unaffected, though I use CarPlay exclusively for this function. No nav in my Big Bend, can’t speak to that. There is the possibility that chimes/warnings are amplified; if that’s the case, I will probably use FORSCAN to send them to the cluster only (I might do this anyway, as I find the “doo-dee-doo” startup sound unnecessary).

Thanks!

Your 3D printing is really cool! I dig the bass knob.

I only use Carplay too. And the Google maps or Apple maps for the Nav. Apple sucked me into their web years ago and now it's all I use. Love how seamlessly it all connects "most of the time" watching movies or youtube videos between my Macbook, iPad or apple TV. And the airpods connecting to all of it when I need to not annoy the wife of vice versa. I would be really disappointed if that suffered.

I looked at the mobridge but I don't have the B&O and I think there's only works through that. I'm hoping to do something middle of the road. in between the kicker key and full on audiophile type setup.

I thought the audiocontrol might fit my bill. Still trying to learn what is the best option to me

OP
OP
gringoloco

gringoloco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Sponsored

Shawnj73

Wildtrak
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Happy New Years. Yes honestly, these 3d printed dash mounts are very nice. Are you interested in printing some off and putting the up for sale? How is the sound now.

I would love to learn more about your DSP and amp installation. I would love to replace the stock amp and DSP with something with a bit more power. However, I would love to utliize the factory wireing. I have already upgraded the pods, and added 6 1/2 2 ohm infinity Cappa two ways it made a difference, but the sound stage still really sucks. I was honestly thinking about just installing tweaters in the Driver and asenger dash speaker spots and upgrading the center chanel. I was going to print a custom mounf that actually mountes to top of the grill that raised the tweeter up and then agle them so fire at driver and passenger. Anyways, going start tinkering here soom. Awesome job, cannot wait to hear more about you installation.

OP
OP
gringoloco

gringoloco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Happy New Years. Yes honestly, these 3d printed dash mounts are very nice. Are you interested in printing some off and putting the up for sale? How is the sound now.

I would love to learn more about your DSP and amp installation. I would love to replace the stock amp and DSP with something with a bit more power. However, I would love to utliize the factory wireing. I have already upgraded the pods, and added 6 1/2 2 ohm infinity Cappa two ways it made a difference, but the sound stage still really sucks. I was honestly thinking about just installing tweaters in the Driver and asenger dash speaker spots and upgrading the center chanel. I was going to print a custom mounf that actually mountes to top of the grill that raised the tweeter up and then agle them so fire at driver and passenger. Anyways, going start tinkering here soom. Awesome job, cannot wait to hear more about you installation.
Yes, I’d be happy to print more adapters once I’ve tested fit with the actual speakers. No feedback on how it sounds yet, but hopefully soon (waiting on all of the brown boxes to show up).

Your plan sounds good, though you might lose some of the midrange tones under the dash with only tweeters on the dash. Using a center channel may help some with this. Using factory wiring might also create a staging challenge as the kicks and dash speakers are on the same circuit. I swear I’m not getting kickbacks from Mobridge, but I think it might be what you’re looking for.

So many ways to “skin the cat” in these Broncos, but that’s all part of the fun.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP this is some excellent work. I sometimes wished I would have gotten the base system because it seems to do the B&O system is such a pita to upgrade.

I have done all of my speakers sans the sub, but I am still running the OEM amps. I will be watching this to see how it all turns out. As someone else said, I am good mechanically, but man I suck at electrical.

DJ1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

eduard4us

Outer Banks
First Name
Eduard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OP this is some excellent work. I sometimes wished I would have gotten the base system because it seems to do the B&O system is such a pita to upgrade.

I have done all of my speakers sans the sub, but I am still running the OEM amps. I will be watching this to see how it all turns out. As someone else said, I am good mechanically, but man I suck at electrical.
I’m with you. The mObridge solution for B&O is as plug in as it gets and it gives you the opportunity to tune it the way you want through the incorporated DSP.

If you want to expand the system to a 3-way, you still have that option with mObridge if you cancel the center channel, as I did.

I’m super pleased going this route.
Sponsored