First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I wanted to share my Bronco Raptor order experience…after a couple year wait and endless conversations with CA dealers in my area, I found a dealer that agreed to a price and a deal on 2023 Bronco Raptor. The order was placed on 9/30/2022. The dealer had an allocation and the vehicle was accepted for build. The vehicle goes into production status in February of 2023.
Then, the dealership Bob Wondries looses or does. Not renew their franchise agreement with Ford.

I contact Ford and they say my order has been transferred to A Ford dealer nearby. I contact the new dealer and they confirm my bronco Raptor order will be handled by them. A couple months of months go by and vehicle is actually built and being shipped.

I am getting ready for the imminent arrival and ask to confirm final prices (tax license etc ) and the new dealer said it’s $117k , not the 82k MSRP deal I had signed with the prior dealer. I shared that I had a signed purchase agreement and new dealer said …who cares. We set the price.

I called FORD MPH customer service and I get a very nice reply…”all prices are set by Independently operated franchises.”

I share again that I have a signed purchase agreement and FORD said it doesn’t matter.

I am not surprised, based upon the endless stories of shady sales tactics that car dealers are famous for, I have decided that after 23 FORDS that I’m looking elsewhere. Too bad, because , my raptors are one of my favorite vehicles and I am 2nd generation FORD guy.

This franchise dealership model is broken and has been broken for some time…how the second largest purchase many of us will make after home can be handled and serviced by an un ethical industry is beyond me.

Cheers.
Sponsored

TrailRaider

Badlands
First Name
Mr. G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST, Mitsubishi Montero, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sucky. What is the replacement dealer?
Unfortunate to be true, but Ford cant do anything to force the dealer to sell at a price agreed upon by a different dealer.

Brian’sBronco

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands/17 Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Shouldn’t it have been transferred to a dealer that would honor the original order contract? Seems like Ford doesn’t care how their dealers treat the customers.

OP
OP
2021WILDTRAKCDH

2021WILDTRAKCDH

Wildtrak
First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Shouldn’t it have been transferred to a dealer that would honor the original order contract? Seems like Ford doesn’t care how their dealers treat the customers.
That is what I assumed. This industry is built on deception and taking advantage of customers…my situation is pretty much the accepted business practices…to bad , because vehicles are my passion. CA dealers are exceptionally bad group. I have read stories of dealers in other states that value integrity and good business practices.

Lesson learned.

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Sorry to hear @2021WILDTRAKCDH , that's terrible after a long wait. I feel ya.

That said, I am not a bit surprised by this. Greed and profit motive as well as ease of profit are all just too high.

I think I would have tried to work with FMC and perhaps multiple dealers to get a new contract signed with a new dealer who would honor the original price. Of course, hindsight is 20:20.

Sponsored

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I got that same surprise ADM treatment from my original dealer - who I helped get 97 deals transferred to them from B6G:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-bashing-and-a-reasonably-happy-ending.78050/

That really sucks - find out if they can transfer it to a different dealer - my sense is unless it was a golden ticket that will be unlikely but worth trying to go after someone at Ford Corporate with that.

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Wow that is very crappy of the dealer your order was transferred to after the dealer you ordered with didn't get their franchise renewed for what ever reason.

After all, this dealer gets a Raptor they would not have got. So that is profit they would not have got. I am sure other orders were transfred there too from your original dealer. They had chance to build new customers. They have nothing but greed.

I'm sorry it turned out like this for you.

Sk3tchy

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That is what I assumed. This industry is built on deception and taking advantage of customers…my situation is pretty much the accepted business practices…to bad , because vehicles are my passion. CA dealers are exceptionally bad group. I have read stories of dealers in other states that value integrity and good business practices.

Lesson learned.
You still haven't said, what is the shady dealership's name?

OP
OP
2021WILDTRAKCDH

2021WILDTRAKCDH

Wildtrak
First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You still haven't said, what is the shady dealership's name?
Ford of Montbello CA.

Sales person Oscar and his manager Nazir.

These guys are the typical car salesmen that we all dread dealing with. They are incompetent and very comfortable lying to me about my vehicle order.

I called Ford Corporate and after 30mins of sharing the story , kept suggesting I contact the stores GM which I did …FORD is a company that absolutely deserves to go out of business. FORD doesn’t care about its dealers business practices.

Other than the waste of time 800-392-3673 phone number at ford , does anyone have a contact at ford that isn’t a phone bank operator???

OP
OP
2021WILDTRAKCDH

2021WILDTRAKCDH

Wildtrak
First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Wow that is very crappy of the dealer your order was transferred to after the dealer you ordered with didn't get their franchise renewed for what ever reason.

After all, this dealer gets a Raptor they would not have got. So that is profit they would not have got. I am sure other orders were transfred there too from your original dealer. They had chance to build new customers. They have nothing but greed.

I'm sorry it turned out like this for you.
Ford of MONTEBELLO is not to be trusted.
Sponsored