First Name
Liam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I just picked up my 2023 Ford Bronco Big Bend 4dr. I was disappointed when ordering because my dealer told me they had to remove the subwoofer option and they had no choice. When I picked up the car I was surprised to see that instead of the storage pocket like 2021-2022 broncos without sub had, it had a subwoofer mesh panel like there was a sub. Upon peaking inside it looked like there was a sub in there, but after testing the audio I couldn’t hear anything so it must just be a shell. Does anyone know why they did this? Hoping it’s prewired for sub as I’d like to put one in.

IMG_8462.jpeg

IMG_8463.jpeg
Sponsored

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just picked up my 2023 Ford Bronco Big Bend 4dr. I was disappointed when ordering because my dealer told me they had to remove the subwoofer option and they had no choice. When I picked up the car I was surprised to see that instead of the storage pocket like 2021-2022 broncos without sub had, it had a subwoofer mesh panel like there was a sub. Upon peaking inside it looked like there was a sub in there, but after testing the audio I couldn’t hear anything so it must just be a shell. Does anyone know why they did this? Hoping it’s prewired for sub as I’d like to put one in.

Ford Bronco 2023 Bronco Subwoofer Option IMG_8463

Ford Bronco 2023 Bronco Subwoofer Option IMG_8463
Easy Peasy upgrade. Sounds great also .
There are several different ways to do it , mine is just one example.

https://thebronconation.com/general...actory-subwoofer-upgrade-t.18512/#post-276871

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
Palooza

Palooza

Big Bend
First Name
Liam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Sponsored

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why would ford put a non-functional sub and amp in there?
Very good question. I could possible see the fake speaker since the panel has holes in it but the amp? That is truly dumb. There are plenty of harnesses installed that are not plugged into anything. No reason I can think of that it could not be done in this case.

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Why would ford put a non-functional sub and amp in there?
Because they had already committed to putting a sub in every 2023, so when they ran out of chips for the amps, it was easier to just put in a board with no chips and a speaker with no magnet (the expensive parts)
It also probably wasn't possible to get the interior panels with the pockets in enough supply because they had stopped using them for months at that point.

SuperFord

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

If it’s any consolation, you aren’t missing much….

the sub in my ‘21 FE has sounded like hot garbage since day one. It rattles its ass off even with modest volume and if you turn it up above 14 or so, i think it actually gets quieter or produces less bass. 🤷‍♂️

JJCastle

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just put a fusion amp and a 6.5 kicker sub in my 2023 this weekend. I have no experience in this type of stuff at all, but it went surprisingly well. I replaced the front and rear 4 inch with JBLs. Sounds great now. Whole deal cost me around $275, not that much more than the $250 credit.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Palooza

Palooza

Big Bend
First Name
Liam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just put a fusion amp and a 6.5 kicker sub in my 2023 this weekend. I have no experience in this type of stuff at all, but it went surprisingly well. I replaced the front and rear 4 inch with JBLs. Sounds great now. Whole deal cost me around $275, not that much more than the $250 credit.
Already ordered the fusion amp and kicker 6.75. Hopefully will get them installed this week. What jbl’s did you get for the 4inch?

JJCastle

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
JBL Stage3 427F 4” 2-Way Car Audio Speakers (No Grill)

They are $40 a pair on woot right now.

OP
OP
Palooza

Palooza

Big Bend
First Name
Liam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Complete thread on it starting with this install. Only difference to today is that it has been found that the 4 ohm Kicker, 48CWRT674, works better in this application than the 2 ohm.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...nd-functional-amps-removed.61106/post-1840658
Update: just finished installing the kicker 6.75 and I’m more than happy with the upgraded sound. Was a blessing in disguise that they removed it because now I have a better sub in there and it didn’t take much time or money.

IMG_8523.jpeg

IMG_8521.jpeg
Sponsored