mig1980

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Good day everyone. I wanted to ask about the issues people have stated related to wind noise, water intrusion, etc. with the soft tops. I hear there are improvements with the 2023 models.

I am looking to place a new order and am trying to decide whether to go MIC or soft top. I really like the idea of collapsing the entire top and not have to worry about panels but I am concerned about wind noise and water intrusion (and any other issues related to having a soft top).

What advise or feedback could you provide about this?
Sponsored

Happycampinman

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So I don’t know what if any changes have been done to the soft top for 23. I can say as a soft top owner, that I have had zero issues with the soft top. But understand it will be noisier than a hard top, no getting around that. What you see on sites like this I think are the vocal minority. In my opinion the Benefits of a soft top far outweigh any minor quirks.

Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I had a four door soft top and loved it, it was a MY21. When my 2 Door came in I sold the 4 door and I immediately bought the aftermarket 2 door top. My hard top has been hanging in mt garage eve since. It;s just not worth the hassle of swapping the roofs as the Bronco lives in a garage when not in use. I often think about going back to the 4 door, I like the fact the top goes all the way down.

RaceRedBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 door Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have had my soft top since June of 2021, absolutely love it and have had zero issues. A little louder than hard top but that comes with the territory.

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've actually seen far less complaints of water intrusion with the soft top, than with hard top. Yes, you could get some moisture or dry snow or even pollen inside if the vehicle is parked outside in significant winds due to the way it "seals" on the sides, it's not a complete seal... but it's not going to just rain inside like some people have experienced with hard top panels that are not aligning properly.

As for noise, some people that have driven both have said it's really not a noticeable difference between the two. It's been too long since I test drove a 2 door hard top to have a worthy opinion on it. I would assume passing trucks and loud noises (exhausts, music etc) are going to penetrate the soft top easier, but I don't think the wind noise itself is that much worse (I think it's notated as a 1db difference).

I love my soft top. Sure it's a big diaper and not the most attractive form of a top... but man is it convenient. I would intentionally order one again and again if I place future orders.
Sponsored