Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I read (on this forum) that turbos muffle engine noise, hence they have to enhance them.
I also wonder about limitations due to Federal noise laws. I know they exist for motorcycles and that water cooled engines emit less noise than air-cooled due to the water jackets.
Sponsored

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ā€˜94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The 2.3 makes noises that sound like the Ford Golden Jubilee tractors of yesteryears. šŸ˜†
Funny you mention that. First time I fired up my Bronco I thought to myself how much the 2.3 sound reminded me of starting my ā€˜46 Ford 2N. šŸ˜‚

Chrome_Pony

Badlands
First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With the RC muffler delete, you solve the problem, as nothing piped in is ever going to cover that up. šŸ˜…

And you lose 50 pounds or so, easy inexpensive diet.

BoatsFolks

Everglades
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Subaru Ascent, 2024 Bronco Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Interesting that they turned it on for all trims in 2024. I knew immediately that it was fake engine noise, but thought I just misunderstood which trim level they were on.

It doesn't bother too much other than it being somewhat inconsistent at low speed/rpm.

So Ford is adding noise?

If I turn up the radio to drown out the engine noise, the engine noise gets louder also?
It is completely unaffected by stereo volume. You can totally drown it out.

Does anyone know if upgrading the stereo system could unintentionally make this louder? (like upgrading speakers and adding an amp) I would not be happy about that.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh wow I ignore this post for a day and it blows up.

So wait a second! What?
These are fake engine sounds like synthesed sound bitesā€¦.not real sounds from the engine amplified through the sound system? Either scenario sounds a little hokey.

Let me know when I can FORSCAN those synthetic sounds to my external speaker cannon.

Iā€™m really curious about thisā€¦.will these sound be present if the speaker/radio system is off?
So Ford is adding noise?

If I turn up the radio to drown out the engine noise, the engine noise gets louder also?
Yeah, itā€™s called ESE. Short for ā€œengine sound enhancementā€

Ford has dialed in so well these days that most people donā€™t even realize itā€™s there. Itā€™s only when you ride in two different vehicles back-to-back that it becomes an issue.

Iā€™m basically the unofficial mechanic for my family, so sometimes Iā€™ll turn it on or off just to mess with people (my brother mostly).
Can I add some fake noise to my 2.7l?
Maybe?

I can tell you itā€™s not there on my 2022. You turn it on and nothing changes, probably because the underlying programming isnā€™t there.

BUT, thereā€™s a pending ACM (Audio Control Module) update in FDRS for my vehicle and now Iā€™m wondering if thatā€™s it.

Does anyone know if upgrading the stereo system could unintentionally make this louder? (like upgrading speakers and adding an amp) I would not be happy about that.
Yes, it can.

I can tell you from experience that usually this only causes an issue if people setup their gain structures incorrectly. A lot of people use the ā€œGainā€ knobs on their amps as volume knobsā€¦ but thatā€™s not at all what a gain knob is for.

But it can be turned on or off in Forscan/FDRS. So not a huge issue.

I was planning on shooting a Forscan video this weekend, so Iā€™ll add this to the list.

Sponsored

SHANUT

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Apparently, the fake noise doesnā€™t sound like a four-cylinder or a six-cylinder because Iā€™m not sure why anyone would want to hear that nonsense. If they could pump some V-8 sound in through my speakers, I would be in favor of that.

Distortion138

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 Ford Fairlane
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Oh wow I ignore this post for a day and it blows up.

Yeah, itā€™s called ESE. Short for ā€œengine sound enhancementā€

Ford has dialed in so well these days that most people donā€™t even realize itā€™s there. Itā€™s only when you ride in two different vehicles back-to-back that it becomes an issue.

Iā€™m basically the unofficial mechanic for my family, so sometimes Iā€™ll turn it on or off just to mess with people (my brother mostly).

Maybe?

I can tell you itā€™s not there on my 2022. You turn it on and nothing changes, probably because the underlying programming isnā€™t there.

BUT, thereā€™s a pending ACM (Audio Control Module) update in FDRS for my vehicle and now Iā€™m wondering if thatā€™s it.

Yes, it can.

I can tell you from experience that usually this only causes an issue if people setup their gain structures incorrectly. A lot of people use the ā€œGainā€ knobs on their amps as volume knobsā€¦ but thatā€™s not at all what a gain knob is for.

But it can be turned on or off in Forscan/FDRS. So not a huge issue.

I was planning on shooting a Forscan video this weekend, so Iā€™ll add this to the list.
Awesome! Does anyone still keep that master list of forscan changes on this site?

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So to answer your question @Dobolina... it's because Ford is piping fake engine sounds through the speakers on all 2024 Broncos. In the past it was limited to the Lux package Broncos, but now it's on all.
I suspected that.

I may be in the minority, but I'm looking for a way to shut that off in my V6 Bronco.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Awesome! Does anyone still keep that master list of forscan changes on this site?
I suspected that.

I may be in the minority, but I'm looking for a way to shut that off in my V6 Bronco.
Yeah there is a list somewhere, but I have a bunch of this memorized... so...

727-01-01
  • Disabled: xxxx xxxx 0x**
  • Enabled: xxxx xxxx 1x**
(Someone can add it to the list if it isn't there already.)

Crowza

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands 2 Door, '05 Victory Vegas 8-Ball
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a 2023 Badland, 2.3L manual with LUX.

@RagnarKon - are you telling me she has been faking it since I drove it off the lot? :oops:

Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a 2023 Badland, 2.3L manual with LUX.

@RagnarKon - are you telling me she has been faking it since I drove it off the lot? :oops:
Iā€™m surprised people think a 2.3 4-cyl or a 2.7 v6 sounds like that. šŸ™‚

Crowza

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands 2 Door, '05 Victory Vegas 8-Ball
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m surprised people think a 2.3 4-cyl or a 2.7 v6 sounds like that. šŸ™‚
I'm half deaf, so I honestly have no idea what it sounds like. That is part of the reason why I'm shocked. šŸ˜‚

Langwilliams

Big Bend
First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco big bend, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My '19 ranger had the fake engine noise an if I remember right a noise cancelling feature too. I turned both off with Forscan an it sounded much better IMO.

Somewhere I saw a video of a device that attaches to the OBD port an gives you multiple engine sound choices from F1 cars to motorcycles. Guess I'm old an cranky, I just want to hear my music.

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Op found one 1FMDE4DH7RLA01552. I wish Ford's inventory search would let you search beyond 100 miles so I didn't have to guess zip codes. But anyway, thanks @Karl_in_Chicago and @HolidayDog

------

So to answer your question @Dobolina... it's because Ford is piping fake engine sounds through the speakers on all 2024 Broncos. In the past it was limited to the Lux package Broncos, but now it's on all.
Ok, so is there a way to turn that crap off?

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok, so is there a way to turn that crap off?
I put the Forscan details a few posts up (also below).

If you're not familiar with Forscan, I'll have a more dedicated how-to video probably within the next week, maybe two if I get lazy. (I was already working on a Forscan video, so this will be an easy add.)

727-01-01
  • Disabled: xxxx xxxx 0x**
  • Enabled: xxxx xxxx 1x**
Sponsored