dino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR BL 7sp MT in HPR, Mojave in HBP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i have a 2dr BL.
it comes with carpeted floor mats standard.
i just take them out when washing out the insides.
the carpet mats cover any relevant surfaces you'd mess with.
so, i wouldn't let the flooring be a detracting issue.
now, if color matched fenders are a must...obviously there will be issues for any non-OBX trim.
Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Let me start by saying that I am a loyal Ford consumer....
If Ford used Jeep, as justification for dropping 2 door OB, that seems to be a product marketing/strategy mistake. Why make a ā€œme toā€œ product.. Bronco is actually a much better product, that has Jeep on their heels.
My wife will most likely never take a Bronco off road, so the wash out flooring isnā€™t a feature positive.. for her.
Bronco needs to stay on the path to differentiate itself from Jeep.
Competition is also coming from other manufacturers. The hash reality is that there is a limited market for this SUV type.
Differentiation is your friend, to broaden the consumer base. I realize that itā€™s a fine line in producing a product and making profit for Ford.
I curious if someone from Ford Marketing reads this Forum and might respond .

Thank you everyone for responding.
It was a dream come true when Ford initially offered wide option availability, and a base version under 30k. It's why I currently own a Bronco.

Sadly those days are over. There's blame to go around for how things played out. With big spenders throwing money at Broncos, if running Ford I'd probably change production/pricing to get some of that cash.

Still - kudos to Ford for delivering a legit body on frame open top/doors off 4x4 in this day and age. It could have gone Chevy Blazer sideways like often happens.

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Honestly if you are looking for a more SUV Bronco then the BL or WT would be the better options and as someone else said the non-SAS BL is probably the best option. I know it's hard to call the BL SUV like since it's one of the most capable Broncos but the non-SAS still lets you get all the luxury features that would be missing on the BB or BD.

I should have kept my '21 2dr AMB OBX with a cloth interior, what collectors item!

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are still 23 OBX 2 Doors on the lot. The dealer I buy from has 5 I believe of different 2 doors. Badlands, Wildtracks, and OBX's

Sponsored

OrangecrushBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It comes with marine-grade vinyl seats and the wash-out rubberized flooring.

This is a change with the 2024MY Broncos, and Ford has STILL not updated everything on their website. For 2021, 2022, and most of 2023, Big Bend was only available with cloth seats/flooring.

Low take-rate. 4 Door is much more popular than 2 Door in general (roughly 5-to-1), but on Outer Banks it isn't even close. Combine this with the fact that the direct competitor to the Outer Banks (Jeep Wrangler Sahara) is also only offered in the 4-door configuration, and there wasn't really any reason for Ford to keep it around.
NOPE Ford just couldn't produce to keep up with demand for 2 doors/MIC top. They've been trying to force people into 4 doors and this is just the next evolution of that. Real Broncos have 2 doors.

OrangecrushBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

There are still 23 OBX 2 Doors on the lot. The dealer I buy from has 5 I believe of different 2 doors. Badlands, Wildtracks, and OBX's
Probably customer orders that the dealerships stole to ADM the F out of. All the dealerships I see have 4 door soft tops piled up.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
NOPE Ford just couldn't produce to keep up with demand for 2 doors/MIC top. They've been trying to force people into 4 doors and this is just the next evolution of that. Real Broncos have 2 doors.
Could be, the OBX forces you into the mid-package, and a real Bronco doesn't have heated seats, dual climate control and a power invertor.

Epmes

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford made a mistake in eliminating the two-door OBX, in my opinion. They forgot about one important market segment: Folks who want to flat-tow a daily driver behind an RV. I want a great SUV with all the bells and whistles, and it needs to weigh less than 5k lbs. Non-SAS because I value it more as a daily driver than for off-roading.

I was ready to order a fully-loaded two-door OBX when the model year changed. My dealer suggested the Badlands or Wildtrak as alternatives. But only the 2.7 engine is available with automatic transmissions for those trims, and I would rather have the 4 cylinder 2.3 engine for numerous reasons.

I ordered a non-SAS Big Bend with all the options I could get. Iā€™ll add after-market wireless charging and try to hack a front camera. Ford is leaving more than $10k on the table and I wonā€™t have a 360 degree camera, but thatā€™s a choice they made.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Without a 2dr OBX, my recommendation would be get a WildTrak w/Lux. Pricy, of course, but not sure if it's that much more. Of course not the same style-wise (for instance, the fender flares), but the WT is honestly the nicest 2dr you can get sans off roading and I doubt your wife will complain.

However, I'd also say carpet floor mats over rubber flooring, it's not that noticeable the flooring is rubber and you get the easier cleaning benefit (e.g. messy kids et al).

You could also try to get a 23 OBX 2dr. Don't know how hard they are to find now.

Sponsored

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Dollar's valuation change due to inflation compared to 2020 and now 2024 is almost 19%. It's that more than anything that killed the base model. It's also what has them consolidating options and combinations. It was a great idea when they were rolling it out. But when they were doing that the world was different. Supply Chains were rock solid. interest rates were nice and flat, peoples income was relatively safe. A lot of that has changed.

OP
OP

Craner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford made a mistake in eliminating the two-door OBX, in my opinion. They forgot about one important market segment: Folks who want to flat-tow a daily driver behind an RV. I want a great SUV with all the bells and whistles, and it needs to weigh less than 5k lbs. Non-SAS because I value it more as a daily driver than for off-roading.

I was ready to order a fully-loaded two-door OBX when the model year changed. My dealer suggested the Badlands or Wildtrak as alternatives. But only the 2.7 engine is available with automatic transmissions for those trims, and I would rather have the 4 cylinder 2.3 engine for numerous reasons.

I ordered a non-SAS Big Bend with all the options I could get. Iā€™ll add after-market wireless charging and try to hack a front camera. Ford is leaving more than $10k on the table and I wonā€™t have a 360 degree camera, but thatā€™s a choice they made.
I completely agree on the daily driver, as in my case, this will be my wifeā€™s DD.
Iā€™ve been doing similar analysis of the ā€˜24 Big Bend .. and how to add everything that we wantā€¦ That analysis just leaves me with not being satisfied. Spending for a new car, and then not getting what you want, just doesnā€™t set well.
I have been searching for a ā€˜23 2 door OB. So far, my search is unsuccessful.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I completely agree on the daily driver, as in my case, this will be my wifeā€™s DD.
Iā€™ve been doing similar analysis of the ā€˜24 Big Bend .. and how to add everything that we wantā€¦ That analysis just leaves me with not being satisfied. Spending for a new car, and then not getting what you want, just doesnā€™t set well.
I have been searching for a ā€˜23 2 door OB. So far, my search is unsuccessful.
Not to promote any website (I have no affiliation), but cars.com shows 40 matches of 2023 2dr OBX's within 500 miles of my (Texas) zipcode. If you were planning on getting a Sasquatch w/lux, a 2024 WildTrak at MSRP will be within a few thousand, so FYI. You'll probably need to shop around to find a non-ADM one for sale, but they are out there. Personally, I'd be willing to travel and not just look locally.

OP
OP

Craner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If Ford used Jeep, as justification for dropping 2 door OB, that seems to be a product marketing/strategy mistake. Why make a ā€œme toā€œ product.. Bronco is actually a much better product, that has Jeep on their heels.
My wife will most likely never take a Bronco off road, so the wash out flooring isnā€™t a feature positive.. for her.
Competition is also coming from other manufacturers. The hash reality is that there is a limited market for this SUV type.
Differentiation is your friend, to broaden the consumer base. I realize that itā€™s a fine line in producing a product and making profit for Ford.

can someone from Ford marketing please reply.
are there any plans to introduce the 2dr OB later in the ā€˜24 model year?

mjohnso3

Black Diamond
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford has a history of making bad marketing decisions with the Bronco. Most notable would be 1978 and every subsequent model change until it was discontinued in the mid nineties.
Sponsored