Sponsored

2024 Bronco Super Celebration East…who’s attending?

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

One interesting addition is the Old Bronco Throwback Weekend before SCE. With the release of the 6G Bronco, there was a bit of outcry from older generation Bronco owners with regards to the increase in attendance at SCE. Think it is a great idea to host a weekend event at the Talley Ho for the early generation Bronco owners.

stewart.chrisr

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So...their website isn't clear. What does it cost to just come wander around and check things out? I'm not paying $100 for a show spot, but might like to come check things out.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So...their website isn't clear. What does it cost to just come wander around and check things out? I'm not paying $100 for a show spot, but might like to come check things out.
Looks like $5 parking daily and get in free (other than your parking fee).

Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Reservations made, Field parking fee paid, now just counting the days.
@Beach_Bum see you there, buddy.
We are there this time from Thurs-Saturday so more time to relax and actually walk the field vs. just vendor compound.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One interesting addition is the Old Bronco Throwback Weekend before SCE. With the release of the 6G Bronco, there was a bit of outcry from older generation Bronco owners with regards to the increase in attendance at SCE. Think it is a great idea to host a weekend event at the Talley Ho for the early generation Bronco owners.
Opinion for the EB Secessionists:
Unfortunately, EBs are virtually only available for the rich dudes trying to buy masculinity and those who've owned them forever and are getting old, dying off, or inherited them. There is less of an active scene and more of a preservation society vibe. Always exceptions to point to, but the exceptions do not prove the rule.

Accept all Broncos(two-door) or go do your own thing. Rename it Early Broncos Only and see how much interest you get? I think it's going to be really obvious that only semi-local EBs will make the trip and only super-local people will attend.

I hate four-doors like I hate the Panamera and calling that one EV a Mustang, but I appreciate the fact that they helped fund the two-door manufacturing process.

So, the EB gatekeepers need to stop seeing all 6G Broncos as non-canonical and more like the ugly or annoying friend of the hot person you like; just smile and suck it up.

Possible Idea:
*maybe reserve a certain percentage of spots for EBs or don't let that portion of the show spots sell out until a certain date?

Airing of Grievances:
At least they get a proper weekend. What's with this Wednesday thru Saturday junk?

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, the Bronco2 was an outcast at the Bronco events/Bronco Driver Mag for a very long time, until you started seeing some very nice, capable builds out on the trail and some really nice resto-mods, then they slowly became more "acceptable".

The "2 Big Broncos" , 78 & 79 , have always had a fairly nice following, but same story, it took a while before they were accepted into the clan.

The rest of the full size segment is still, "better have a damn nice build" if you're to get any respect from the EB purists.

I'm an EB fan, I have two, kind of.
I really like the B2's and have a bit of lust for a 78 or 79 as well.

Not much interest in the OJ Broncos, but I do see some nice resto mod's here and there.

Sponsored

Faust

Badlands
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado - Company Edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Will be driving up from FL... I ironically always vacation in or around Townsend, but now that I have my Bronco I can attend with it.

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bronco family, since registration is now open and the event is a few short months away who plans on attending SCE 2024?

This will be my first year attending. I’m pretty stoked on the much needed vacation and event. I have my registration done and cabin reserved.

I look forward to the possibility of meeting some of you there.
Planning on it!

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well, the Bronco2 was an outcast at the Bronco events/Bronco Driver Mag for a very long time, until you started seeing some very nice, capable builds out on the trail and some really nice resto-mods, then they slowly became more "acceptable".

The "2 Big Broncos" , 78 & 79 , have always had a fairly nice following, but same story, it took a while before they were accepted into the clan.

The rest of the full size segment is still, "better have a damn nice build" if you're to get any respect from the EB purists.

I'm an EB fan, I have two, kind of.
I really like the B2's and have a bit of lust for a 78 or 79 as well.

Not much interest in the OJ Broncos, but I do see some nice resto mod's here and there.
I'm hoping James Duff brings his Bronco2 this year. He didn't last year but did the year before. One of the nicest built Bronco2 that I've seen and want to get more photos. This was from the year before.

Ford Bronco 2024 Bronco Super Celebration East…who’s attending? 1705577711604

With regards to gaining acceptance among the EB crowd, part of the resentment was the feeling of being "slighted" by the organizers. This year, the organizers are giving priority by holding the weekend before reserved for just EB owners. They are extending the privilege to EB owners of having first access to the SCE field on Tuesday.

IMO, the first few rows of the outfield should be reserved for nothing but EBs. Give them prime real estate as a sign of respect. Then assign the next section for the 2nd-5th gen Broncos and then have the 6G relegated to the furthest parts of the outfield.

In '21 when the 6G first started showing up, there weren't that many in attendance. That has grown each year with '23 looking like it was mostly a 6G reunion. Seemed odd to me to see 6G Broncos parked immediately across from the vendor section with EBs parked in the far outfield. If 6G owners want to park up front, then pay for the Bronco Nation Corral.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm hoping James Duff brings his Bronco2 this year. He didn't last year but did the year before. One of the nicest built Bronco2 that I've seen and want to get more photos. This was from the year before.

Ford Bronco 2024 Bronco Super Celebration East…who’s attending? 1705577711604

With regards to gaining acceptance among the EB crowd, part of the resentment was the feeling of being "slighted" by the organizers. This year, the organizers are giving priority by holding the weekend before reserved for just EB owners. They are extending the privilege to EB owners of having first access to the SCE field on Tuesday.

IMO, the first few rows of the outfield should be reserved for nothing but EBs. Give them prime real estate as a sign of respect. Then assign the next section for the 2nd-5th gen Broncos and then have the 6G relegated to the furthest parts of the outfield.

In '21 when the 6G first started showing up, there weren't that many in attendance. That has grown each year with '23 looking like it was mostly a 6G reunion. Seemed odd to me to see 6G Broncos parked immediately across from the vendor section with EBs parked in the far outfield. If 6G owners want to park up front, then pay for the Bronco Nation Corral.
I support this.
Pay homage and show respect to those who chiseled the event out of clay before the 6G came in and exploded the scene.
I admit the sea of one-off and modified 6G's does draw my attention, as I see new products and colors people have painted (or wrapped) theirs. IT goes a long way to fuel my passion and future dreams of what I want for mine.
Also shows me some things that I am glad I did not buy, FWIW.
But I also try and make it a point to look over the EBs as well.
Another reason I want to chisel out more time for this one.
I want to be able to take my time and check them out, talk to owners who DO feel like talking (not all like to be approached, FYI).
My biggest selfish satisfaction however is checking out the 78/79 ones.
I've always wanted one and now the prices are sky-high to find one worthy of resurrection.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I support this.
Pay homage and show respect to those who chiseled the event out of clay before the 6G came in and exploded the scene.
I admit the sea of one-off and modified 6G's does draw my attention, as I see new products and colors people have painted (or wrapped) theirs. IT goes a long way to fuel my passion and future dreams of what I want for mine.
Also shows me some things that I am glad I did not buy, FWIW.
But I also try and make it a point to look over the EBs as well.
Another reason I want to chisel out more time for this one.
I want to be able to take my time and check them out, talk to owners who DO feel like talking (not all like to be approached, FYI).
My biggest selfish satisfaction however is checking out the 78/79 ones.
I've always wanted one and now the prices are sky-high to find one worthy of resurrection.
Having the different generations grouped won't deter attendees from roaming the outfield. Some may only be interested in a specific generation. For 6G owners only wanting to see other 6G builds, having to walk a few extra rows won't stop them.

I just felt sad to see EBs parked out in the far outfield as if they were ostracized. Now, the organizers can only be so accommodating. If a designated area fills up, then obviously it can't be helped that late-comers have to park where space is available.

I would also like to suggest to the organizers to stage the rollout for the organized rides. Have the EBs line up first and leave first. 2nd-5th gen next with 6G bringing up the rear. The organized scenic drives will be a cabal of a caravan, but just let the "elders" have at it first. It will be cringe-y seeing a Braptor leading the scenic cruise up and over Rich Mtn.
Sponsored