First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Alfa Romeo Stelvio 2020 Porsche Macan 23 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Would the hard top owners be honest. Do they not have creeks and leaks?
I have a few moans and groans in very cold temps on my 2023 Hardtop, zero leaks last year and it really was pretty quiet last summer and fall.

wjtinfwb

Black Diamond
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC, Excursion, Focus ST, Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
After almost a year with my BB Sas 4 dr. softtop, I can say most of these complaints fade into the background once you've owned a Bronco for a few weeks. I too hated the instruments and would still prefer the Raptor cluster, but it's not a big deal. As mentioned, neither engine is a rev happy beast, and if an automatic the 10-speed makes the tach a moot point. The 2.3L isn't a Honda VTEC either and is easy to get to know by feel and sound. Noise wise, it's exactly as expected. Up to about 70 mph, it's fine. Over that you're quite aware you're pushing a 4500 lb. barn through the air at Hurricane velocity. The hardtop is probably a bit better but what did you expect from an open body utility vehicle with off-road capable tires? I have zero issues with build quality or interior materials on my BB, sure there's lots of plastic, what else would hold up to the type of use a Bronco is expected to see? If you want fine leathers and wood, go see your Land Rover or Lexus store. And one year and 9k miles later, I've had zero issues, no trips to the dealer, no warning lights and no squeaks or rattles. Maybe I'm lucky or less picky, but whatever I'm very satisfied. Bronco's have gotten very expensive, but yesterday my brother told me about a new RAM 2500 diesel he looked at that had a 100k sticker! Everything has gotten absurdly expensive, probably an issue better addressed with your government than a manufacturer.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Damn it, you're right. And maverick was 20k, so I was just wrong.
Saul Goodman.

The Maverick, when it first came out, was a killer deal, especially in hybrid form. Now the hybrid is a premium over the 2.0T even though you can't get the hybrid in 4WD/AWD and it tows less. It's still a great option for people who really don't need to haul much. I thought the Maverick hybrid would have been a great option for my daughter, but they had a huge waiting list and then the prices went way up. :(

I get it, though. Ford sees all the ADM and realizes they are leaving money on the table. Where it hurts is for those of us who didn't (don't) pay ADM, because our prices go up.

DefNotBuddyLee

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang / Jeep / F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I admit to being very deaf but my 2dr starts getting LOUD around 50mph and gets exponentially louder the faster ya go…about the same as my wooden Model A with no doors or my mustang convertible with the top down…all three have upgraded stereos that become useless around 60mph…the bmw, infinity or F150 did/do not have this problem…I can also hear my Harley upgraded stereo at 80mph..so, YES it is LOUD…It does not stop me from setting the cruise at 80-85 or taking and enjoying extended trips…it is way better than my old Bronco, CJ2a or CJ7 but nowhere near as quite as most any other vehicle made in the last 10 years…just admit it!
Did you just compare your Bronco, Mustang convertible, and Model A with a BMW, infinity, and F150 as far as sound deadening? Also what does the upgraded stereo on the Model A look like? I am sure I missed something there. :)

It is always interesting to see conversations about the "loudness" of the Bronco. I have only ridden in a few other than mine, and I haven't really noticed an issue but I admit that my experience is limited to about 4 Broncos. When I compare it to riding in our JK or JL soft top, I honestly believe the Bronco soft top is quieter. In the Wrangler, I don't know why it even had UConnect as I could never have a conversation while driving. In the Bronco, I can actually talk with passengers and make phone calls. Is it as quiet as a Lincoln or Cadillac...well no but I don't expect it to be. It makes me wonder if there are just fitment issues in other Broncos, others are more sensitive to sound, or people that have just not had this type of vehicle and were expecting something else (not you @Oldhippie , based on your stable above we should be friends)

@Oldhippie , I do think we need to test things scientifically by meeting up and riding in your classic Bronco and CJ2A. FOR SCIENCE!

Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My hardtop is 100% silent above freezing. Below freezing, when just starting out in the morning, it will make some slight noises over bumps, but by the time the cabin warms up, it's quiet. Not a single drop of any water intrusion. I've had the panels off, and they seem to seal just as well when putting them back on.

Mine is a Nov. '22 delivery, and other than freeway-speed wind noise, it's perfectly fine. No cosmetic issues, fit is good, etc.

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wow, hard to believe the entry point for the lowest cost 2-door went from $28k at introduction a few years ago, to $41k for 2024. A $13k price increase. Plus the increased destination charge. :(

1707842610056.png
Paid $36k for our 4 door Base...

DefNotBuddyLee

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang / Jeep / F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I wish people would stop whining about interior quality before they give the Bronco a Lexus interior -- yuck!! Some of us like a simple and durable interior over soft touch garbage. There is a reason why the original Jeep Cherokee XJ are so highly sought after, and this is a big reason why. Broncos are loaded with tech like every other vehicle, but at least they kept the interior basic and I for one don't want it changed.
XJ Owners, you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. Won't catch me hanging around those people.

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Pros: Go-anywhere capability; unique style; trim level variety; two- and four-door options; strong engines; it’s a convertible!

Cons: LOUD!; strange digital instruments; interior materials quality; wonky cloth roof fitment; parking the ultra-wide Raptor; insane destination/acquisition charge

https://www.autoblog.com/article/2024-ford-bronco-review/
AUTOBLOG ain't what it used to be.
Feels very AOL now - all the editorials read as re-worded press releases

Sponsored

Skott

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The price increase on my bronco since last March has negated 90% of the ADM I paid 😋
Same here. If I'd order today, I would get a couple of additional options vs. my '22 WT (Mod bumper, HOSS 3.0, leather/vinyl seats, 12" screen, etc.) but the interest rates & price increases & delivery fees would be a lot more than the price + ADM I paid in 4/2022.

Craziness.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

AUTOBLOG ain't what it used to be.
Feels very AOL now - all the editorials read as re-worded press releases
Doesn't that sum up pretty much any online news article, no matter what it is?

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ‘1928 model A, “23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Did you just compare your Bronco, Mustang convertible, and Model A with a BMW, infinity, and F150 as far as sound deadening? Also what does the upgraded stereo on the Model A look like? I am sure I missed something there. :)

It is always interesting to see conversations about the "loudness" of the Bronco. I have only ridden in a few other than mine, and I haven't really noticed an issue but I admit that my experience is limited to about 4 Broncos. When I compare it to riding in our JK or JL soft top, I honestly believe the Bronco soft top is quieter. In the Wrangler, I don't know why it even had UConnect as I could never have a conversation while driving. In the Bronco, I can actually talk with passengers and make phone calls. Is it as quiet as a Lincoln or Cadillac...well no but I don't expect it to be. It makes me wonder if there are just fitment issues in other Broncos, others are more sensitive to sound, or people that have just not had this type of vehicle and were expecting something else (not you @Oldhippie , based on your stable above we should be friends)

@Oldhippie , I do think we need to test things scientifically by meeting up and riding in your classic Bronco and CJ2A. FOR SCIENCE!
Yes I did compare the bronco+ and bmw+ because that is what the article and most folks compare (apples and oranges)…the bronco is not uncomfortable but not on par either…
My Model A has a pretty basic stereo system with infinity reference 6x9 speakers behind my head with 100 watt rms x2 amp and Bluetooth receiver under the seat along with a cheap CV powered sub on the roof…
IMG_1864.jpeg

Sorry the old Bronco and CJ2 are long gone but were both daily drivers for at least part of their life and I miss them (only so much room/money)…

SoDak1623

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 F150, 2022 Badlands MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just because you see people post complaints here that doesn't make them a majority. I've had no hard top issues with my badlands 2 door that I took home in April 2022. Sure it makes a little noise when it's below freezing, but so did my jeep and any other jeep I've been in. Otherwise it's been flawless.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just because you see people post complaints here that doesn't make them a majority. I've had no hard top issues with my badlands 2 door that I took home in April 2022. Sure it makes a little noise when it's below freezing, but so did my jeep and any other jeep I've been in. Otherwise it's been flawless.
Never said majority. I asked a question and want honest answers. I want a hard top for traveling and have concerns with a few makes. Squeaks would drive me nuts. Forum is full of small number failures of many parts of the Bronco. One has to determine for themselves if it’s an issue or not.
Sponsored