First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I will be going to the dealership to see about ordering a base model with 2.7 and supercab and trade the Braptor in for it. I need a bed but don't want another full size pick up.

Crew cab only
And I bet you canā€™t get the 2.7 in an XL, eitherā€¦
Sponsored

Justb211

Raptor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
And I bet you canā€™t get the 2.7 in an XL, eitherā€¦
Then looks like ill have t owait and see what toyota comes out with. If nothing good comes out I will then just have to buy an older Ranger and rebuild it.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What do you think the demand will be? The Maverick is smaller, cheaper and more fuel efficient and probably meets most consumers "hauling" needs. Add that to the new Tacoma coming out at the same time and does the Ranger really have a chance?
It's going to make a big splash the first year, but personally I think Tacoma will still be king... and when the dust settles Ford will be manufacturing more Broncos than Rangers.

Ranger will definitely gain some ground though. The current Ranger was a copy/paste from the Southeast Asia variant that had already been out in the market since 2011. So it was old to begin with, and it also had all of the SE Asia styling. (If nothing else Americans have very unique desires when it comes to the style of their trucks.) This new Ranger is much closer to the "traditional" American styling, and obviously it has a brand-new technology package. So it'll sell a LOT better than the current Rangers do.

Even with all of the updates, Tacoma will probably still stay out in front. It really comes down to Colorado vs Ranger. If I was betting money on it, the Ranger will come out on top simply because Ford has a lot more skin in the game. The Ranger is their #1 selling truck outside of North Americaā€”the Ranger is to Australia what the F-150 is to America. BUT, the new Colorado has been selling very well, so we'll see.

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess Iā€™m the only one who doesnā€™t really care for colors like blue or red on trucks. Velocity blue and race red are horrible looking imoā€¦ā€¦. Need to have some sort of fleck or something

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's going to make a big splash the first year, but personally I think Tacoma will still be king... and when the dust settles Ford will be manufacturing more Broncos than Rangers.

Ranger will definitely gain some ground though. The current Ranger was a copy/paste from the Southeast Asia variant that had already been out in the market since 2011. So it was old to begin with, and it also had all of the SE Asia styling. (If nothing else Americans have very unique desires when it comes to the style of their trucks.) This new Ranger is much closer to the "traditional" American styling, and obviously it has a brand-new technology package. So it'll sell a LOT better than the current Rangers do.

Even with all of the updates, Tacoma will probably still stay out in front. It really comes down to Colorado vs Ranger. If I was betting money on it, the Ranger will come out on top simply because Ford has a lot more skin in the game. The Ranger is their #1 selling truck outside of North Americaā€”the Ranger is to Australia what the F-150 is to America. BUT, the new Colorado has been selling very well, so we'll see.
The new Tacoma, Colorado, and Canyon look to be better options than the new ranger. Hell I think the ranger really only beats out the frontier and ridge line.

Sponsored

Chadillac

Base
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
The new Tacoma, Colorado, and Canyon look to be better options than the new ranger. Hell I think the ranger really only beats out the frontier and ridge line.
Agreed. The Raptor is cool but other than that, this is a whiff imo. Canā€™t say Iā€™d take this over anything currently available or upcoming (Tacoma)

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've spent some time in the new Colorado and wasn't massively impressed with it personally. Granted it was WAY better than the old Colorado, but it definitely didn't really feel like I needed to buy it. I do think I would be more impressed with the Canyon (even though its effectively the same vehicle), but haven't been in one so can't really pass judgement.

The current Frontier feels like a truck from the late-2000s even though it is a brand-new truck. Not sure what Nissan was going for with that truck, but they missed the mark.

The Ridgeline is a tricky one for me. I know it is considered to be a mid-sized truck, but I personally would put it in the same class as a truck like the Ford Maverick, just hard to compare the Ridgeline with the rest of the mid-sized pickups since it is unibody and front-wheel drive.

We shall see what the Tacoma and Ranger is like. Both look solid from my spot in front of the keyboard, but I would need to test them. I'm not at all impressed with the current Ranger. And in the past I have found Tacomas to be incredibly uncomfortable to be in for any extended period of time. So we'll just have to see. I will say the Tacoma having a manual transmission option definitely gives it a big head-start for me personally compared to the competition.

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've spent some time in the new Colorado and wasn't massively impressed with it personally. Granted it was WAY better than the old Colorado, but it definitely didn't really feel like I needed to buy it. I do think I would be more impressed with the Canyon (even though its effectively the same vehicle), but haven't been in one so can't really pass judgement.

The current Frontier feels like a truck from the late-2000s even though it is a brand-new truck. Not sure what Nissan was going for with that truck, but they missed the mark.

The Ridgeline is a tricky one for me. I know it is considered to be a mid-sized truck, but I personally would put it in the same class as a truck like the Ford Maverick, just hard to compare the Ridgeline with the rest of the mid-sized pickups since it is unibody and front-wheel drive.

We shall see what the Tacoma and Ranger is like. Both look solid from my spot in front of the keyboard, but I would need to test them. I'm not at all impressed with the current Ranger. And in the past I have found Tacomas to be incredibly uncomfortable to be in for any extended period of time. So we'll just have to see. I will say the Tacoma having a manual transmission option definitely gives it a big head-start for me personally compared to the competition.
I owned the new Nissan pro 4x and hated it. Loved the exteriorā€¦ interior felt cramped and dated. I sold it bc with a rear facing car seat my wife who is 5ā€™4ā€ knees were cutting into the dash lol. Iā€™m not a fan of manuals but it just seems like Toyota is taking the Tacoma a little more seriously than Ford is with the ranger. Which makes sense with Bronco and Maverick selling much more.

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Itā€™s nice. I might be cajoled into buying one.

The Colorado and Ranger are reskins and light on much innovation. Itā€™s interesting to see Toyota putting the most money and energy into pushing the envelope.

Wolfpack

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Ford Bronco XLT 5Spd, 2002 Honda S2000
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Really? That's crazy, I'm all for more colors not locked behind exclusive trims but Code Orange was the definitive debut color for the F-150 Raptor, Bronco Raptor, and for the Ranger Raptor in it's Australian debut, I'm shocked Ford would only offer it for one year and not on the North American Ranger Raptor at all.
On top of that. Are they really going to offer the Ranger Raptor with Code Orange interior accents, but no Code Orange exterior? Really? @justinbmcbride . I shouldn't be surprised that does sound like Ford's colors and materials team. Haha wow.

Sponsored

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
On top of that. Are they really going to offer the Ranger Raptor with Code Orange interior accents, but no Code Orange exterior? Really? @justinbmcbride . I shouldn't be surprised that does sound like Ford's colors and materials team. Haha wow.
What, you don't like the Code Orange interior with the Metallic Pea exterior???

Sgroll

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Integra 6spd, 2018 GTI, 1966 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Any predictions on ADM and wait time for a decent Ranger build???? :ROFLMAO:

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I predict zero ADM on my Ranger, should I decide to order one. Because if my dealer doesn't guarantee MSRP with zero add-ons in writing, I will not be buying.

Wolfpack

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Ford Bronco XLT 5Spd, 2002 Honda S2000
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
@Rick Astley whats your thoughts on this new Ranger and its incredible interior and exterior color options? I think I remember you owning a Ranger.

CDVSBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22Bronco Big Bend Sas/23Bronco Wildrak Sas Hoss3.0
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My Biggest question is how do shocks differ exactly from HOSS 3.0? I know Live valve appears to be the main difference but both are 2.5" shocks. Curious to see how different the travel numbers are.
Sponsored