Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor 2021 Bronco 4-Door FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
If your satisfied with the poor quality of a Nissan good for you. And the Raptor will do what I need it to do while also having lots of fun. So ty, I will enjoy it.
Toyota will have a 6 ft bed option and in a higher quality product.

I'd consider a trd pro, but want the specs to compare to the Raptor first.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Googz13

Base
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yes, I custom ordered an 18ā€™ with some basic options at 52k msrp but got it for $48.5k and only took 2 1/2 months from order to actual delivery.

IMG_7409.jpeg
All new car prices are up 30% since 2020.

Hdscreens

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thatā€™s why itā€™s remarkable how the all new Chevy traxx is much improved but has a lower msrp than out going model. Remarkable cause thereā€™s only so much leeway in an expensive vehicle. Kudos to Tesla for significantly lowering prices twice this year as well even though some slightly went up couple days ago.

All new car prices are up 30% since 2020.

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor 2021 Bronco 4-Door FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I've just not been impressed with Nissan quality overall. And the Raptor will do what I need it to do while also having lots of fun. But I get that it isn't for everyone, as it's definitely not a work truck.
I have a 2021 tremor and by utilizing a bed extender cage and the tailgate down, I've hauled furniture, trees, landscaping materials, pallets, etc.

Imprezive

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati Mulitstrada, Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It looks fine, there's nothing wrong with it in that regard, it's just a plain old midsized truck. It's definitely understated compared to other Raptor styles though. I'm far more underwhelmed by the fact that nothing is really upgraded on it performance wise. Everything they added to the raptor version would be considered a downgrade on a Bronco, except for the 3.0L engine.
Itā€™s got full speed adaptive cruise and lane centering steering. If you do a lot of traffic or long trips those are big upgrades.

Sponsored

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Itā€™s got full speed adaptive cruise and lane centering steering. If you do a lot of traffic or long trips those are big upgrades.
I wouldn't consider those raptor performance upgrades, more like luxury upgrades. I was expecting the ranger raptor to have at least 35's and a lot more wheel travel than what it currently has, it's just not living up to the name.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I've just not been impressed with Nissan quality overall. And the Raptor will do what I need it to do while also having lots of fun. But I get that it isn't for everyone, as it's definitely not a work truck.
But your point doesn't matter, nor does Nissan's reliability (are we putting Ford on a reliability pedestal here? Seems equally misguided)

If you want an *actual* truck in the midsized truck segment, you get what Nissan is offering, or you get used.

We love our Ranger Lariat (Super Cab, 6' bed) and it's been unflappable. The 2.3 engine is so superb in the application that the 2.7 for both Ranger and Bronco makes no sense at all. Ditching the 10AT for the 7MT with the 2.3 is absolutely what drew me to Bronco.

That the cargo rating for the '24 Ranger goes down with the 2.7 is very telling about how worthless and unnecessary the larger motor is.

But America is going to America the living F out of their America, and by God those extra 0.4 cubic inches (on a sub-small-block-chevy volume of displacement) are going to pull girls phone numbers at the bar like NOTHING you've ever seen before!!!!! Go ahead, tell them how it's as big as a 1995 Acura motor!

Panties = dropped!

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Iā€™ll wait until TFL does the Ike Gauntlet test with both engines before I decide which one I would want in my Ranger. Weā€™re going to tow decent amounts of weight behind any truck we own, so if performance is similar, it may come down to fuel mileage and how stressed the engines are when towing.

The 2.7 rips in the F150, so it should be pretty damn fun in a non-Raptor Ranger.

And the reason the payload in the new Ranger goes down with the 2.7 is because it weighs more. But you knew that.

TopRecon

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
And the reason the payload in the new Ranger goes down with the 2.7 is because it weighs more. But you knew that.
Just makes me angrier that Ford didn't greenlight the new 2.3 for the Ranger and most likely Bronco, it gets identical performance specs to the current 2.7 in a lighter and smaller package.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm torn on that color. Why no desert sand?
It was left in the same place your khaki Dockers are, back in the late 90s and early 2000s.;)

Sponsored

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Do people really base their future purchases on TFL?
I thought that was a satire channel.
One could say the same about this forum.

Imprezive

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati Mulitstrada, Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I wouldn't consider those raptor performance upgrades, more like luxury upgrades. I was expecting the ranger raptor to have at least 35's and a lot more wheel travel than what it currently has, it's just not living up to the name.
Youā€˜re not wrong but those things reduce fatigue on long drives to the desert which makes it more enjoyable and for me personally Iā€™m more likely to do it. Both those things make it a better Raptor IMO since Iā€™m more likely to use it for what it was built for.

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

One could say the same about this forum.
That should be a given, but people are persuaded by the silliest things these days.

Youā€˜re not wrong but those things reduce fatigue on long drives to the desert which makes it more enjoyable and for me personally Iā€™m more likely to do it. Both those things make it a better Raptor IMO since Iā€™m more likely to use it for what it was built for.
I'm certainly not opposed to them, I ordered my Bronco with the lux package and was a little bummed it didn't have the lane centering and intelligent cruise control that even the bronco spurt had as an option. It's just putting the cart before the horse in this case.

I really hope it's not a sign that the raptor namesake is evolving into something more akin to luxury features instead of the offroad capability it was meant to have. Give them all the fancy gadgets and badges and red stitching to make it feel exclusive, and then throw them a bone with a mild suspension and tire package because not very many people actually need more than that...sort of like how they did with the Timberline.

Strizzo

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus GX460, 1966 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I put 150k miles on a 2010 xterra and I have no complaints about nissan quality. I replaced one fan clutch, a couple batteries i cooked with the winch, axle seals (dana44 common issue), and one front hub bearing (hurricane harvey) in that time aside from oil changes and regular maintenance.

I understand they got a bad reputation for trying to ignore the issue with radiator trans coolers killing transmissions on the earlier ones, but every oem tries to ignore issues until they can't.

I am curious if ford will offer something like the sasquatch package on the non-raptor rangers, or if the front locker will be exclusive to the raptor. It looks like there is one more blank in the buttons for the hill descent and rear locker. for now, the only other midsize truck available with a front locker is the colorado zr2.
Sponsored