Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

On the face of it I agree. One would think that the Ranger would be sufficient. But the Gladiator sales numbers say differently.

I'm not saying in 2024 or even 2025 they will have a pickup but I do think it will happen at some point.
I agree it could happen. I just think in order for Ford to make a Bronco truck, they would have to completely drop the ranger first.
Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford refuses to import the Everest, which they already make, because it has so much overlap with the Bronco. I doubt they would build a brand new pickup variant just to directly compete with the Ranger Raptor, even though it would be cool. Also consider that Dodge stopped making the Dakota in 2012, so the Gladiator has been Mopar's only mid-sized pickup since it was introduced. If Dodge were already making a Dakota TRX, it's possible they might not have built the Gladiator.
https://www.motortrend.com/events/2023-nyias-midsize-ram-pickup-truck-looking-real-this-time/

Grain of salt as it's Motor Trend.

Ok, salt lick.

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
As long as it is not the useless hybrid system in the Explorer I am interested for sure. But that article, as was said before, is all speculation. There is nothing to support it aside from the general knowledge car companies want to get more MPG's across their entire line up.

Sponsored

Mflies23

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was thinking the same
Having just purchased a 2023 as well and my other vehicle being a Tesla I charge in my garage getting 16mpg in the Bronco has been brutal. I tried to mentally prepared myself but the pain is real 😂

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Gross. No one actually wants this.

more cost with less reliability... a losing tactic.
You're in the minority with that opinion. The best selling PHEV last year was the Wrangler 4xe. Ford would be dumb to ignore the demand.

Canadian5.0

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford will have to add a 2nd book to fill with TSB’s if they try and add more tech to this bronco Lol, now Toyota with the fresh 4 runner coming could pull off a phev definitely.Ford though , don’t touch this !

NatureMan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford will have to add a 2nd book to fill with TSB’s if they try and add more tech to this bronco Lol, now Toyota with the fresh 4 runner coming could pull off a phev definitely.Ford though , don’t touch this !

• Haha
Reactions: Fly

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
You're in the minority with that opinion. The best selling PHEV last year was the Wrangler 4xe. Ford would be dumb to ignore the demand.
Agree to a point. And that point is current demand vs. capacity. Ford has yet to get their damn supply chain (subs) sorted out.

PHEV 4-door is a smart move if and when the factory capacity exceeds demand, but the factory can't build a simple 2-door stick shift right now. They can't build hard tops even close to the demand mix, and based on the latest constraints 3/4 of outstanding Heritage order holders are going to be told "sucks to be you"

If they do it, I foresee a 50 mile (rated) EV range though. That will beat the Wrangler, and meet California's new definition of "strong" PHEV. 4-door only, and no Sasquatch due to weight.

One of my coworkers has a 4Xe and he loves it. He's only 12 miles from work, so can get to work and back on electrons, and only burns gas on the weekend.

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
From the minds that brought you MIC 1, failed engines, Dirt Mountain, MIC 2, Ice Mountain, and Seatbelt Latch recall … comes the most sophisticated and easy-to-screw-up piece of off-road-capable powertrain technology ever assembled …

IMG_3469.jpeg
I'm waiting for modular top 2, electric [reported to admins/mods] myself.

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Having just driven across the country and back I was surprised at the number of Gladiators I saw. Of the multitude of Jeeps I would estimate that 75% of them were the pickups.

Which is about right considering that approximately 1/3 of Wrangler sales are Gladiators.

Ford isn't ignoring those numbers.
Could have fooled me after the bronco pickup was cancelled rumors/stories

Hank 615

Badlands
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, 2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If it came with the 7-speed I'd be all in

jbacon47

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco BadLands manual 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If they do it, I foresee a 50 mile (rated) EV range though. That will beat the Wrangler, and meet California's new definition of "strong" PHEV. 4-door only, and no Sasquatch due to weight.

One of my coworkers has a 4Xe and he loves it. He's only 12 miles from work, so can get to work and back on electrons, and only burns gas on the weekend.
Got to admit, that does sound pretty nice.. but I simply wouldn't trust the complexity and long-term reliability. Such a small powerful battery can't possible last long (the brightest candles usually burns the fastest).
Sponsored