Sponsored

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

seems like people are digging deep for their preferred wheelset and tires.

cost is over 3k for four of them not including the spare, tax, or installation

the other guy from larchmont is also into his for $3500 for his BD

if i get the BD i will be looking to keep grabbers until they wear out and find an awesome wheelset for under 1k.

i'm in the "i mostly hate all black wheels" camp
That is a lot, as I am a cheapskate, I am adding Nitto Terra Grappler AT 285/75/r16s for about a grand on the existing Base steelies. My only other add so far is the auto emission. May drop 2k for a paint trick to make it look like my old '79.

But then, I'm not from Larchmont...

portland_lol

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Pinto
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That is a lot, as I am a cheapskate, I am adding Nitto Terra Grappler AT 285/75/r16s for about a grand on the existing Base steelies. My only other add so far is the auto emission. May drop 2k for a paint trick to make it look like my old '79.

But then, I'm not from Larchmont...

it's expensive. even if you don't go to this 3/3.5 amount

realistically, it's gonna be pretty hard not to spend 2k for 5 tires and a set of five rims as an upgrade and get what you like. pretty sure it's gonna be a minimum of 2 for each tire and going up from there to over 3. wheel prices are all over the place as well

i'm looking for ways to not spend more but spend less....if i get the base at the very least the tires will need to be replaced. at least with the BD i can just buy rims.

i want to spend 1k for five and it will prolly be hard to do that

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD Bronco, RV- Ford E450 (Thor Vegas 24.1)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello, my name is Kyle and I live in Virginia. I was a 7/19/2021 build date and received my Bronco on 7/30. I plan on doing some casual off-roading on the eastern shore and out in West Virginia. I will use this thread to post what I have already done to the bronco and update it as I modify it. Once I get her dirty, I will get some good off-road pics. Enjoy :)

Vehicle Specs:
7 Speed Manual
2.3L Engine
2 Door with MIC Top
Black Diamond
Tow Package
All weather mats
Hard Top Sound Deadening(Courtesy of Ford)

Current Mods:
35x12.50x18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers https://www.customwheeloffset.com/buy-wheel-offset2/217130/nitto-ridge-grappler-35x1250r18lt-tires
Fuel Trophy Wheels +1 offset = https://www.customwheeloffset.com/buy-wheel-offset/D55118908350/fuel-trophy-18x9-1
Rough Country 2 in. Lift Kit = https://www.roughcountry.com/ford-lift-kit-40400.html
Cargo Enclosure 2 Door(Ford Accessory, https://accessories.ford.com/compartment-asy-rear-stowage-vm2dz-78115a00-a.html#2021/Bronco)
20% Tint all around

Other Threads of mine with more info:
Info on 35's and the rough country lift kit: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/35s-on-black-diamond-no-lift-no-rub.21097/
Info on the 2 Door Cargo Enclosure: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/2-door-bronco-trunk-enclosure-installed-looks-good.20848/

Stock Pictures:
Ford Bronco '21 ManSquatch / SelfSquatch Black Diamond Build nintchdbpict000295779288

Ford Bronco '21 ManSquatch / SelfSquatch Black Diamond Build nintchdbpict000295779288

Bronco with 35's installed No lift:

Bronco with 35's after the 2 in. Lift kit:

Trunk Cargo Area Enclosure:
Thanks for sharing buddy. Great looking build!! Since you are one of the few people that have a Manual / 35’ combo.. I wanted to know what your thoughts are on how responsive the bronco is with the 35” vs. the wheels it came with. Thanks!

Sponsored
OP
OP
SaveTheManuals

SaveTheManuals

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for sharing buddy. Great looking build!! Since you are one of the few people that have a Manual / 35’ combo.. I wanted to know what your thoughts are on how responsive the bronco is with the 35” vs. the wheels it came with. Thanks!
There is not much of a noticeable difference in my opinion. I would say maybe 5% less responsiveness. You can still zip around in sport mode. MPG is a different story, I was averaging 18 mpg with stock tires. Now I am getting 16 mpg. Both of those numbers are primarily highway driving as well.

OP
OP
SaveTheManuals

SaveTheManuals

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Went to Peter's Mill Run yesterday to test out the bronco for the first time off-road. It was an absolute blast and the bronco never had any issues.
Ford Bronco '21 ManSquatch / SelfSquatch Black Diamond Build CDD79A6F-69F7-4B44-B9DA-7A70538B42C1

Ford Bronco '21 ManSquatch / SelfSquatch Black Diamond Build 3EB6C1E2-A378-4906-96D2-56A6C7574125

Ford Bronco '21 ManSquatch / SelfSquatch Black Diamond Build E25454F4-B41D-439F-8310-8A27648F4CF2

TimeOffSite

Badlands
First Name
Bill Bonnefil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any dislikes on the 2.3/M? I have a 4dr 2.3 manual Badlands being delivered and to be honest, I’m kinda getting cold feet. The 2.7 has a great kick to it, and manual can be so fun, but wonder if I’ll get tired of it overlanding. Any/all thoughts appreciated ;)

bloominguez

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Br BD, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Any dislikes on the 2.3/M? I have a 4dr 2.3 manual Badlands being delivered and to be honest, I’m kinda getting cold feet. The 2.7 has a great kick to it, and manual can be so fun, but wonder if I’ll get tired of it overlanding. Any/all thoughts appreciated ;)
I drove the manual at the Austin Off-Roadeo and loved it. Day 1 in an automatic. Day 2 with the manual. Completely confirmed my selection. At first I thought that I'd be missing out on features (one-pedal driving, trail control). But after driving the manual, I wasn't missing any of that. Put it in 4L, use the crawler gear if you need to, the manual is so easy to drive you won't miss the automatic. I guess the trail turn assist is something you can't do with the manual, but I'm getting a 2-door so I'm not worried.

If you're worried about having to work too hard with the manual, don't. It's a non-issue.

And if you *really* don't like it, let me know, I'm sure you can sell it easily. People pushed to 2022 (like me!) would love to talk...

OP
OP
SaveTheManuals

SaveTheManuals

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you like driving manual cars then you’ll love it. I’m sure it would be an easier time to overland or off-road with the automatic, but the joy of whipping around in a manual car can’t be beat. I wouldn’t worry if I were you. You’ll enjoy it. I hope you get yours soon.

Sponsored

ChapEJF

Outer Banks
First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OBX/BD Mashup
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Was planning on keeping as spares, but willing to sell if someone made an offer.
Looks really sweet! Do you still have the steelies and are you still open for an offer? Thanks,

OP
OP
SaveTheManuals

SaveTheManuals

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Updated the original post with some of the new mods as of today. Here is a photo dump of some of my recent trips with the bronco.

OBX Trip:
Ford Bronco '21 ManSquatch / SelfSquatch Black Diamond Build bronco obx 3

Ford Bronco '21 ManSquatch / SelfSquatch Black Diamond Build bronco obx 2

Ford Bronco '21 ManSquatch / SelfSquatch Black Diamond Build Bronco obx 1

Bronco Off Roadeo in Texas, have a bunch of pics but thought this one was cool:
Ford Bronco '21 ManSquatch / SelfSquatch Black Diamond Build bronco offroadeo 1

Bronco Camping Trip:
Ford Bronco '21 ManSquatch / SelfSquatch Black Diamond Build bronco camping trip 4

Ford Bronco '21 ManSquatch / SelfSquatch Black Diamond Build bronco camping trip 3

Ford Bronco '21 ManSquatch / SelfSquatch Black Diamond Build bronco camping trip 1

Ford Bronco '21 ManSquatch / SelfSquatch Black Diamond Build bronco camping trip 2

ChapEJF

Outer Banks
First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OBX/BD Mashup
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Updated the original post with some of the new mods as of today. Here is a photo dump of some of my recent trips with the bronco.

OBX Trip:
Ford Bronco '21 ManSquatch / SelfSquatch Black Diamond Build bronco camping trip 2

Bronco Off Roadeo in Texas, have a bunch of pics but thought this one was cool:

Bronco Camping Trip:

Nice, I was wondering about the shelf you have in your cargo area. How do you like it and what is the manufacturer? Thanks,

OP
OP
SaveTheManuals

SaveTheManuals

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nice, I was wondering about the shelf you have in your cargo area. How do you like it and what is the manufacturer? Thanks,
I think you are referring to the cargo enclosure. I bought it from the ford accessories website. There is a link in my original post on this thread. It is super useful and fully encloses the trunk area to prevent theft when the doors or roof is off.

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wait, what? You went on a trip and camped in a 2 door??

Super nice rig!!!!
Sponsored