First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco, ‘21 Wrangler, ‘11 Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you want to see what these tires can do, check out Dirtnation Offroad YT page. We have a ton of videos showing these tires wheeling.

Awesome- I will absolutely check this out, thank you for sharing!
Sponsored

Jason Sandsux

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22? Bronco and 77 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Good looking Bronco. The base steelies are a little too narrow for those tires so they might wear in the middle of the tread more and a bit less contact patch because of the curve of the tread. Lots of people are running them that way though.
The BD steelies are a bit wider and you can find them cheap as take offs so that's the route I went. Base bronco with BD steelie take offs that I got for $200 and BFG 285/ 75/17 tires. Just another approach with similar results.
Enjoy your good looking rig.
Ford Bronco 33” Mud Terrain Tires on Base Stock Wheels ! [Thunderer Trac Grip M/T R408 Mud Terrain LT285/75R16] Bronco

Dad life

Base
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, Tundra, GX470
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thank you! I also have a 4D Willy's (well, it is my wife's to be honest). It has the Sun and Sound Package with the Sky One Touch top, love it!
Mine has the sun and sound as well. People have no idea how awesome it is. Comparing that sound system to anything the Bronco offers is...well, you know. And the one touch top? Perfection.

OP
OP
Bronco_Nole

Bronco_Nole

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Good looking Bronco. The base steelies are a little too narrow for those tires so they might wear in the middle of the tread more and a bit less contact patch because of the curve of the tread. Lots of people are running them that way though.
The BD steelies are a bit wider and you can find them cheap as take offs so that's the route I went. Base bronco with BD steelie take offs that I got for $200 and BFG 285/ 75/17 tires. Just another approach with similar results.
Enjoy your good looking rig.
Ford Bronco 33” Mud Terrain Tires on Base Stock Wheels ! [Thunderer Trac Grip M/T R408 Mud Terrain LT285/75R16] Bronco
Thank you, same to you! The steelies really look awesome with that color combo!

I am definitely thinking over time they will wear unevenly in the middle but to be honest, before that would become an issue I will have upgraded from this setup.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bronco_Nole

Bronco_Nole

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Mine has the sun and sound as well. People have no idea how awesome it is. Comparing that sound system to anything the Bronco offers is...well, you know. And the one touch top? Perfection.
Absolutely agree- and what is crazy is the price for that package didn't really make sense. I remember playing around with the build and to add the one-touch top, Alpine speakers w/ sub, and 8.4" screen separately was significantly more expensive versus selecting the package option. If I recall, they no longer offer the one-touch top unless you get the sun and sound package. We love ours!

Jason Sandsux

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22? Bronco and 77 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thank you, same to you! The steelies really look awesome with that color combo!

I am definitely thinking over time they will wear unevenly in the middle but to be honest, before that would become an issue I will have upgraded from this setup.
I'm sure it'll be fine for a lot of miles.

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Transit Connect; 1997 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah!! Can barely tell the difference honestly between these and the 285’s

Question, did yours come with that silver vinyl pencil stripe along the sides and did you remove it?
Yeah, they’re very close in height. I wish there were a few A/T options in the 255/85 size because I love the tall skinny look but mud tires are waaaay overkill for most driving I do. This is the first set of M/T I’ve had on a vehicle. Depending on how it goes with this set, I might opt for some 285/75 A/Ts instead. Who knows? 🤷

Nope. Mine never had a stripe. Don’t think that’s factory. But they look sharp in the right color.

OP
OP
Bronco_Nole

Bronco_Nole

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah, they’re very close in height. I wish there were a few A/T options in the 255/85 size because I love the tall skinny look but mud tires are waaaay overkill for most driving I do. This is the first set of M/T I’ve had on a vehicle. Depending on how it goes with this set, I might opt for some 285/75 A/Ts instead. Who knows? 🤷

Nope. Mine never had a stripe. Don’t think that’s factory. But they look sharp in the right color.
I am fortunate, I work from home and don't drive daily. Otherwise I certainly would be going the A/T route.

Interesting- mine was an abandoned order and at first I considered removing the silver stripe but I have left it as of now.

OP
OP
Bronco_Nole

Bronco_Nole

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Really nice. Just couple of questions.
1. You just got 33' inch on stock wheel and no lift kit.
2. Why Precision Tune Auto Care in Roseville, MN ? how much did they charge?

I am asking because, planning to get bigger tires and wanted to keep the stock wheel on my bronco.
Thank you and my apologies, I forgot to respond to you after reading this earlier this morning!

That is correct, 285/75R16's (33" mud terrains) on the stock wheel and no lift kit required. This started after I came across another members thread and great YouTube video showing how he did the same with his base bronco but with all-terrains. Here is that original thread:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...es-on-stock-base-rims-no-mods-required.21435/

I drove around to a few shops and Precision was the first one who was willing to try mounting the stock rims on a bigger tire...the other shops kept looking up available tires for the base and when they were unable to see any available in that size they just assumed it wouldn't work and weren't willing to try it. Not only did they mount all 5 tires and install for under $200 but they also gave me a ride home since I dropped it off later in the day. Very friendly and great customer service!

Sponsored

ram

Outer Banks
First Name
Ram
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD BRONCO- 4 DR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thank you and my apologies, I forgot to respond to you after reading this earlier this morning!

That is correct, 285/75R16's (33" mud terrains) on the stock wheel and no lift kit required. This started after I came across another members thread and great YouTube video showing how he did the same with his base bronco but with all-terrains. Here is that original thread:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...es-on-stock-base-rims-no-mods-required.21435/

I drove around to a few shops and Precision was the first one who was willing to try mounting the stock rims on a bigger tire...the other shops kept looking up available tires for the base and when they were unable to see any available in that size they just assumed it wouldn't work and weren't willing to try it. Not only did they mount all 5 tires and install for under $200 but they also gave me a ride home since I dropped it off later in the day. Very friendly and great customer service!
Thank you so much for the response with details. Appreciate.

BroncoAyane

Black Diamond
First Name
Carlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Those 33's on a 2dr is meant to be. Aesthetically, it looks proportioned. Just gave me an idea on buying a 2dr hard top now. :)

OP
OP
Bronco_Nole

Bronco_Nole

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Those 33's on a 2dr is meant to be. Aesthetically, it looks proportioned. Just gave me an idea on buying a 2dr hard top now. :)
Heck yeah!!! Thank you!

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nice, I definitely wanted something more aggressive for the snow than the stock. I was thinking changing to 17 inch rims because there was already a lot of rubber on the 16 in rims, but that looks good.

OP
OP
Bronco_Nole

Bronco_Nole

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nice, I definitely wanted something more aggressive for the snow than the stock. I was thinking changing to 17 inch rims because there was already a lot of rubber on the 16 in rims, but that looks good.
Thanks so much! I do not daily drive my bronco and I too wanted something more aggressive. I have really been impressed with these especially for the price. With how cheap you can pick up some 17” take-offs I almost went that route, but the steelies continue to grow on me and I just wanted to keep them on! I am happy I did.
Sponsored