First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
For power and mpg the key is having the right gearing.

For handling, having a suspension design for the tires is key.

The Sasquatch package does both of these. It comes with different control arms springs and shocks. Bigger front differential and different gearing.

On the base , big bend, black diamond, and outer Banks the Sasquatch package is a deal for all you get. The Badlands has most of the Sasquatch already so it matters less on that model. But for all the other models Sasquatch for sure the way to go. And even for BL factory is hard to beat so Sasquatch is the safe way to go.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Brokennose

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scout
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

285/70 is not a small tire. Next trip to the grocery store get a look at that lifted truck. You'll get a good idea of things quickly. For me I think the biggest difference is the width. The 33s will do me just fine.

_2020_

Badlands
First Name
Sylvain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mini Countryman S , 2015 JKU, 2017 X5 3.5i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are the SQ beadlock rims the same as the optional BL beadlock rims?

Otherwise put: can 315/70R17 replace the 285/70R17 when they need to be replaced... any idea if rim’s width is the same?

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Are the SQ beadlock rims the same as the optional BL beadlock rims?

Otherwise put: can 315/70R17 replace the 285/79R17 when they need to be replaced... any idea if rim’s width is the same?
The rim offset is also very important with tire fitment.

_2020_

Badlands
First Name
Sylvain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mini Countryman S , 2015 JKU, 2017 X5 3.5i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Is there a pizza cutter 35 that can be had after market that would be a simple swap to the stock 35s with stock sas wheels?

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is there a pizza cutter 35 that can be had after market that would be a simple swap to the stock 35s with stock sas wheels?
There is for trucks with dual rear wheels. I can't tell you the size off the top of my head but I know it exists I've seen it.

OP
OP
Nova

Nova

Wildtrak
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
velar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The comment about gearing and suspension you get with sasquatch makes sense! Ford engineer's are going to match a 35 so it rides and handles the way it should! Try doing that aftermarket, more difficult hence why there may be a difference in handling, suspension, mileage etc.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Last weekend I was out and about and saw this Wrangler with what I think was a 4"-6" Lift and these big ass tires. So I walked over to it (Parked in a lot) and was blown away when I read the size.... 35"

Man I didn't know they were so damn big.... my Sasquatch is going to be freaking awesome looking at the Gas pump!!!

Sponsored

Tatonka

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 Ecodiesel, Honda S2000, Nissan 350z
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I don't have the budget to get both the 2.7 and Sasquatch so I've opted for a stock 4-door BL with a 2.7 rather than 35s. For sure it looks better but I do a lot more highway driving than off roading. The ecoboosts take a tune really well so between the 33s and a tuned ECU, I should have a very capable vehicle for both highway and offroad. I can upgrade to 35s later if I really wanted to. This still allows me to keep the cost of my build under $50k.

I was really worried about how the 33's would look until I noticed how all the other models come with 32"stock. The 33's seem like a happy medium and provide good balance for everything I'd use the truck for.

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't have the budget to get both the 2.7 and Sasquatch so I've opted for a stock 4-door BL with a 2.7 rather than 35s. For sure it looks better but I do a lot more highway driving than off roading. The ecoboosts take a tune really well so between the 33s and a tuned ECU, I should have a very capable vehicle for both highway and offroad. I can upgrade to 35s later if I really wanted to. This still allows me to keep the cost of my build under $50k.

I was really worried about how the 33's would look until I noticed how all the other models come with 32"stock. The 33's seem like a happy medium and provide good balance for everything I'd use the truck for.
I think we need to keep that all in mind as well. With what we're going to use the bronco for, 33s should be plenty. Plus, i don't want the hit for noise and mpg with the gearing and tire change. I just hope the standard HOSS suspension is at least decent. I may have to replace the coilovers down the road though if they aren't decent units stock.

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm not going to do much off-roading, so the 35's may be overkill for me. I really want the 33" KO2's on a Black Diamond.

I'm thinking maybe get my BD squatched and trade a 33" BL owner for their tires and wheels. Or maybe the dealer could pull that off.

Tatonka

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 Ecodiesel, Honda S2000, Nissan 350z
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm thinking maybe get my BD squatched and trade a 33" BL owner for their tires and wheels. Or maybe the dealer could pull that off.
Good call, I forgot about dealer upgrades. My dealership salesman said they are actively speaking with their GM about the option of providing customers with tire upgrades.

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I am getting a 2 dr badlands with the 2.7. I dont really want to get the sasquach upgrade as I wil probably get after market wheels and tires anyway. I also was thinking of sticking with 33s as I will mostly be driving on the roads. However I have been reading and watching a ton of reviews on the milestar patagonia mt tire and might actually move to 35s with thowe.

Every review I see talks about how quite they are on the road. And they supposedly handle very well on the street as well. Off road they look extremely capable.

Another plus is they are light, 33s are about 63 lbs each and 35s are around 70 lb each. That should help reduce rotational mass.

Finally they are only around $230-240 a tire. Not bad at all. Seems like I could get a lot of the features I was looking for in a smaller tire but still get the big tire look.

For wheels looking hard at the Fifteen52 Traverse HD Asphalt Black wheels shown on the badlands over lander concept.
Sponsored