Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi’s
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am getting a 2 dr badlands with the 2.7. I dont really want to get the sasquach upgrade as I wil probably get after market wheels and tires anyway. I also was thinking of sticking with 33s as I will mostly be driving on the roads. However I have been reading and watching a ton of reviews on the milestar patagonia mt tire and might actually move to 35s with thowe.

Every review I see talks about how quite they are on the road. And they supposedly handle very well on the street as well. Off road they look extremely capable.

Another plus is they are light, 33s are about 63 lbs each and 35s are around 70 lb each. That should help reduce rotational mass.

Finally they are only around $230-240 a tire. Not bad at all. Seems like I could get a lot of the features I was looking for in a smaller tire but still get the big tire look.

For wheels looking hard at the Fifteen52 Traverse HD Asphalt Black wheels shown on the badlands over lander concept.
I feel like I wrote this email. I’m in the same boat for options and reasoning. And I have already been looking at those Fifteen52 wheels. I was shocked they are only $275. I’m coming from the Audi world with HRE wheels that are like $700 each. Haha

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
I feel like I wrote this email. I’m in the same boat for options and reasoning. And I have already been looking at those Fifteen52 wheels. I was shocked they are only $275. I’m coming from the Audi world with HRE wheels that are like $700 each. Haha
I was shocked the other way.
Last set of 4x4 rims I picked up at Discount Tire a few years ago was $550 for all 5.
And those weren't even the cheapest.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Where I keep getting hung up is:

mid package + sasquatch vs. lux package without

Very close in price. Would love to get the 35s from factory, but they can be added much easier later vs. 12" screen and upgraded audio.

Sponsored

lsustang05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Raptor SuperCab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Where I keep getting hung up is:

mid package + sasquatch vs. lux package without

Very close in price. Would love to get the 35s from factory, but they can be added much easier later vs. 12" screen and upgraded audio.
If you are getting a Badlands rig, I personally think the Sasquatch is a bit overpriced. Only thing you’re gaining is the extra gearing, which isn’t a huge step up, and the fender flares. I’ll grab the fender flares from the parts dept or see what the aftermarket comes out with since I’m planning on getting aftermarket wheels and tires pretty quickly after delivery. I’d rather spend that saved squatch money on mods.

Itchysquatch

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 4runner, 2014 E class
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you are getting a Badlands rig, I personally think the Sasquatch is a bit overpriced. Only thing you’re gaining is the extra gearing, which isn’t a huge step up, and the fender flares. I’ll grab the fender flares from the parts dept or see what the aftermarket comes out with since I’m planning on getting aftermarket wheels and tires pretty quickly after delivery. I’d rather spend that saved squatch money on mods.
i thought the gearing was the same
(Manual badlands v Sasquatch)? Am I wrong.... Man I have to go internet diving again.

lsustang05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Raptor SuperCab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i thought the gearing was the same
(Manual badlands v Sasquatch)? Am I wrong.... Man I have to go internet diving again.
You are not wrong. Manual and Sasquatch have same gearing. No need to go diving lol. I was assuming an auto transmission.

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Good question!!

Is the Sasquatch package really worth it for a 2-door badlands vs. 33” badlands?

I am getting the upgraded rims already and planning on staying with the 33” BFG tires, but the more I read and see your builds, it makes me want to get the 35”. However, most of the builds I am seeing are 4-door which is not an option for me. I would get the 35” if I was getting the 4-door. I feel like I am in the middle since I am getting the 2-door.

Pros on getting 35” compared to BL 33” BFG
- Badass look>>>>VERY IMPORTANT!!!!
- Don’t have to worry about lifts, gearing or other mods later
- Stock tires still run well on the road vs. aggressive MT tires (Not sure if this is really true)
- Price is only $1,000 more for my set-up

Cons on getting 35” compared to BL 33” BFG
-Not as good on the road
-acceleration goes down on road
-Goodyear tires? Not the best??(Not sure about that comment)
-Harder to Pull with my RV
-More cost to replace
-Higher Gas Cost (I do not care about this one)
-Load on road (I do not care about this either..lol)

I would love to hear your thoughts.. Badlands Forever!!
This is a toy for me. I am not applying logic and rationale thought to this purchase. As such I am buying what makes me happy. Damn right it will have 35’s on it.

Plus I am not buying the Sasquatch to be a speed machine. If I need to scratch that itch I just jump in my 700+ HP GTR.

I spend 12+ hours a day making executive decisions to ensure I meet the goals and objectives for my company. When I leave the office, I want to ratchet down the seriousness and allow my lizard brain to take over.

Sponsored

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I hear ya. My last 2 vehicles were a 15 mustang then am 18 S3. Wheels and tires are crazy expensive!!

CycloneGT500

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

For the statement of "Just replace with 33" when they wear out, I wonder what the 4 door would look like with a bigger fender gap. The 33s would probably look a lot smaller than if you didn't have the Squatch lift.
I think 33's on the Sasquatch will look great and perform better in most daily situations. You'll have a quicker Bronco with a higher (looking) lift! I plan on this and probably won't wait for the 35s to wear out - if anyone is interested in a spare set!

Fatdaddy

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’m no off-roader (yet!) but plan to do dirt/rock/gravel trails, mud trails, and sand. Should I do 33”s or 35”s??? I won’t be rock crawling these big rocks, but will be doing some rock/gravel trails. Most likely will be doing trails like at Big Bend state park or some mud and beach stuff, and overlanding. I like the 35”s for ground clearance and vehicle height as the entire family is 6’1” and above. This is also my DD and will have to take long trips to get to the dirt/rock trails. Not very long trips for mud and beach. Trying to choose between Badlands and Wildtrak

Jpdisco

Badlands
First Name
Jean-Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do we know the difference in the lift of the BL suspension vs Sasquatch? (Other than what the tire creates) Is the suspension and lift the same?
I also need to know this!

sliwa

Base
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
Tire size comparison on the 285/70/17 and 315/70/17.

Ford Bronco 35's vs 33's any big differences? 229582AC-9A1A-4216-844E-8912AE9C645D
The speed difference is what I was looking for. Will dealership be able to adjust for that difference if stepping down from 35” to 33”?
Sponsored