Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Can this kit fit 37" tires on an outer banks? The rims which I already bought are 17x 8.5 zero offset.
It says 35" but I'm sure they're not talking about removing the crash bars.

4AF9BB9E-55AE-4013-A590-F814854CD76A.png
Sponsored

craq5

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes it can. I have the same setup on Badlands...Just remove your bolted crash bars.

OP
OP
Jbou1010

Jbou1010

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yes it can. I have the same setup on Badlands...Just remove your bolted crash bars.
How's the ride in the city and what Brand of tires are you on?

craq5

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am using geolandar x-at. City ride feels same as stock sasquatch

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2.3/Manual and a Gaggle of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since you're talking about removing crash bars, I'm assuming this is a non-squatch OBX?

37" might require a JKS Max Tire Clearance kit. With a 0 offset wheel, the tires could end up rubbing the innner fender and or front body mount regardless of how much lift you have.

Also a with a non-squatch OBX, you've got an M190 front axle vs the M210 on a Badlands or Sasquatch equipped Bronco. It'll be fine for mall-crawling or even light trails, but you're pushing that axle beyond what it normally handles.

Finally, what gearing is in your OBX? If you have the 3.73 or down, you're going to take a big hit on power...

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jbou1010

Jbou1010

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Since you're talking about removing crash bars, I'm assuming this is a non-squatch OBX?

37" might require a JKS Max Tire Clearance kit. With a 0 offset wheel, the tires could end up rubbing the innner fender and or front body mount regardless of how much lift you have.

Also a with a non-squatch OBX, you've got an M190 front axle vs the M210 on a Badlands or Sasquatch equipped Bronco. It'll be fine for mall-crawling or even light trails, but you're pushing that axle beyond what it normally handles.

Finally, what gearing is in your OBX? If you have the 3.73 or down, you're going to take a big hit on power...
4.27. Now you got me nervous. I don't care about miles per gallon but do care about messing up vehicle. I'll be doing very Little Rock crawling if any.

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2.3/Manual and a Gaggle of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

4.27's wouldn't be horrible with the 37"s...

The strain on the M190 could be a real issue with the kind of weight you might add with 37"s.

I'm not trying to totally disuade you from getting and running them, just trying to make you aware of the issues you'll be facing.

OP
OP
Jbou1010

Jbou1010

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

4.27's wouldn't be horrible with the 37"s...

The strain on the M190 could be a real issue with the kind of weight you might add with 37"s.

I'm not trying to totally disuade you from getting and running them, just trying to make you aware of the issues you'll be facing.
can that be upgraded?

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

4.27. Now you got me nervous. I don't care about miles per gallon but do care about messing up vehicle. I'll be doing very Little Rock crawling if any.
From what I've seen, Little Rock crawling is mainly curbs and planting beds so you'll be fine.

Sponsored

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

How far along have you taken this idea? On a dumbassed whim when i was ordering wheels and tires I said get me 37’s. So I’m in the same situation. Not sure if I could still call back and change the order or not. I do moderate off roading sand dunes trail ride only rock climbing at Off road parks. So far. If I can get a year or two out of the m190 I’ll be fine. Then I can swap in the better front end. I’m thinking I bit off more work than I wanted by getting tempted to go bigger. We go at least once a month off roading and have already went a little too hot in some whoops and bent the oem steel dash plates.

OP
OP
Jbou1010

Jbou1010

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I won't be doing much off-roading if any. I went as far as buying the lift and the wheels/tires.

How far along have you taken this idea? On a dumbassed whim when i was ordering wheels and tires I said get me 37’s. So I’m in the same situation. Not sure if I could still call back and change the order or not. I do moderate off roading sand dunes trail ride only rock climbing at Off road parks. So far. If I can get a year or two out of the m190 I’ll be fine. Then I can swap in the better front end. I’m thinking I bit off more work than I wanted by getting tempted to go bigger. We go at least once a month off roading and have already went a little too hot in some whoops and bent the oem steel dash plates.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nothing installed yet tho? I have a 3 1/2” lift already. I really wanted the recon grapplers after seeing them in person. Then they don’t make them in a 37” on a 17” wheel and didn’t want to go 20” rims. I’m hoping for minimal problems. I’m already kicking myself for not sticking with 35’s.

OP
OP
Jbou1010

Jbou1010

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nothing installed yet tho? I have a 3 1/2” lift already. I really wanted the recon grapplers after seeing them in person. Then they don’t make them in a 37” on a 17” wheel and didn’t want to go 20” rims. I’m hoping for minimal problems. I’m already kicking myself for not sticking with 35’s.
I went with the K02s

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs