First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sure it can. Demo cars are still sold as new with like 2,000-7,000 miles on them. Usually at slightly discount for being demos though.
Demo/curtesy vehicles are often sold as used, at least in my experience. Might vary state to state.
Sponsored

Fubl

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 buick lesabre
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Most states there will be a mileage limit but usually its above 500 miles or until vehicle is tagged and titles If a dealer uses nothing but D tags for their demos and courtesy cars vehicle is not titled and under the states mileage limits its a new car but sold at a discount. Really the big issue comes into leases and having to buy the mileage back.

Koz44

Outer Banks
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There are certain limits that they can sell a vehicle as new. At 399 that is far past the limit of any I know of. I wonder if that vehicle was utilized as a shuttle in the yard, but even then, that is excessive.
I haven’t read all the replies but I don’t believe this is true. I purchased my Bronco from a dealer in Maine and registered it in NY. It was a dealer demo with a lot more miles than 399 and it was registered in NY as a new vehicle and my warranty started from the date of delivery.

Kyukidoeric

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (former 69 & 77 Bronco owner)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Need your opinions.

Feb 22 order just hit the dealer lot after sitting at the rail yard on a ”manufacture hold” hold x code since Jan 13.

Got the call, went to the dealer fire it up and 399 on odometer.

Anyone have insight as to the hold, the miles? Seriously WTF
My Bronco had 2 miles on it....

But in 2017 I bought a new convertible Mustang and the dealer told me before I signed, that they had to drive it from another dealer in south Florida and it would have about 450 miles on it When it arrived. The sales man was honest and it came in as he stated. I was fine, but he showed me a Pic of the odometer before and the GPS from both lots.

BadlandsA51

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands, Sasquatch, Lux Pkg, 72 Ranchero GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The obvious solution is to jack it up and run it in reverse to lower the miles to an acceptable number...not too sure why nobody else has suggested this.
That doesn’t work with digital odometers, they count reverse miles the same as forward miles.

Sponsored

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Above 50 miles is atypical. I’d take it with 399 miles, but I’d need a discount of something like $1,000. Both of my Broncos had 400 miles on them the first 10 days but I’d be annoyed to pick it up “new” with that many miles.

lrtexasman

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL traded for 23 Tundra waiting on BD Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's new as others said. Enjoy your Bronco and you will be happy if something goes out 300 miles past the standard warranty as your warranty starts with mileage at delivery. Maybe ask for a freebie like a hitch, mats or bags. I'd look the paint over closely though to ensure there are no dings from previous testers adventure.
Sponsored